Can you honestly say, "I would never, ever, ever, take up arms against the government, no matter what the government did?"

Those who say they need guns to keep government ‘under control’ are exhibiting their ignorance and stupidity.

Insurrectionist dogma is devoid of Constitutional merit.

What manifests as government ‘out of control.’

What are the criteria of ‘tyranny.’

What is the process to garner consensus that armed insurrection is ‘warranted.’

Absent consensus of all the people, an armed insurrection is nothing but lawless treason and rebellion.

That some might subjectively perceive government to have become ‘tyrannical’ doesn’t make it so.
You might refresh yourself on events in this country c.1770-1776.
"consensus of all the people" wasn't involved then.
[edit to fix typo]

Last edited:
If not, then any shocked tones or ridicule when talking about gun owners saying they need guns to keep government under control are pretty hypocritical.
Pres. Jefferson took up arms against their g'ment @ the time. Then he finally ended up penning the bulk of the American constituencies U.S. Constitution. The framers of our U.S. Constitution did not possess much faith in g'ment & gave the constituency MANY warnings about the evil associated with g'ment in general. Until the human condition(human nature) can be perfected g'ment will ALWAYS be the bearer of bad news for all.

Well skippy, here is a study I know you won't read because it has multi-syllable words.

So go back to grunting around an open firepit or whatever it is you do to amuse yourself. You're out of your depth here, boy.

Well laddie, perhaps these lassies could help you be more sane and learn how to safely handle your gun.

Ladies of Lead — About Us​

Ladies Of Lead Group Therapy, LLC ® has educational programs for handgun safety and personal protection. Most of our clients are first time shooters with no prior experience with handguns. Still other clients may have taken the basic hand written or on line course and received their Concealed Handgun License yet they do not know how to shoot a handgun or have any information on fundamentals, ammunition, misfires, jams and more importantly, how to protect innocent bystanders, including family members, from a stray bullet from their own gun. They could easily become part of the problem if they choose to draw their firearm. Our courses are structured to help you gain valuable information that one day may save your life or the life of a loved one. Since we realize the "learning curve" for beginners is challenging, we have built our courses in such a way to address this.
Within the Handgun 101 Course, you will have the opportunity to learn all about revolvers, semi-automatics and the different loads of cartridges for each. In your classroom instruction we will teach you all about the different ammunition available for you personal carry needs and situations. You will be able to handle unloaded handguns in several calibers. The .22, .38, 9mm and the 45ACP. We will teach body position, bench rest position, two-handed grip, sight alignment, sight picture, arc of movement, breath control, trigger control, follow-through and recoil management.
117247935_1318455315019713_1425080528804848276_o.jpg

Last edited:
"consensus of all the people" was involved then.
Let's not forget that if the sociopaths in the system get too fucked up, patriots will show up well armed and capable of awarding drones who follow stupid orders with stupid medals.

I was quite surprised that there wasn't a single AR15 carried by Jan 6th protesters, but it was a relief.

Next time the left engages in a coup the results might not be so peaceful.

BTW Your sig has a Non Sequitur... No one has ever tried to get a swallow of african or euroweenie origin to carry anything, let alone a coconut.
Sir Bedevere was using doves.

Let's not forget that if the sociopaths in the system get too fucked up, patriots will show up well armed and capable of awarding drones who follow stupid orders with stupid medals.

I was quite surprised that there wasn't a single AR15 carried by Jan 6th protesters, but it was a relief.

Next time the left engages in a coup the results might not be so peaceful.

BTW Your sig has a Non Sequitur... No one has ever tried to get a swallow of african or euroweenie origin to carry anything, let alone a coconut.
Sir Bedevere was using doves.
1) That post had a typo. "was' is corrected to "wasn't"
2) That sig line is from the movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". If you haven't seen the movie, you haven't a clue on the context.

1) That post had a typo. "was' is corrected to "wasn't"
2) That sig line is from the movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". If you haven't seen the movie, you haven't a clue on the context.
Good Sir Knight, I have memorized the entire script.

Nee!!!

"consensus of all the people" wasn't involved then.
[edit to fix typo]
Consensus of 3% of the people is what made a difference from what I hear. They just happened to have steel tubes, black powder and some lead projectiles.

I didnt know those were militia guys,, got a link that shows them as such??
According to the gun nuts, everyone is in a militia which is why everyone can buy as many guns as they (or their sponsors) can afford.

No one is 'enlisted' into the militia. All able bodied people of a majority age are considered acceptable as militia, provided you are loyal to the United States.
(a)
The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

Yes, the "unorganized militia" has every male in the country in it

So were your fellow rednecks lying?

Were you just responding to skippy or whoever?

Or did you seriously mean to offer the fact that some suicidal people commit suicide with a gun, but only if they have one, as a reason, to eliminate the right to own a gun?
Nah skippy....

I was attacked (the only thing you guys do) because I said I don't know how to use a gun and would be more of hindrance than a help; pointing out that bringing a gun into your house increases your chance of being hurt by a gun.

Then one of your fellow yokels swore he never heard of anyone hurting themselves except for 3 people a year or something as equally idiotic.

I pointed out that about 10K people commit suicide every year. When they use a gun (like the kind in the house that was bought to take down an Apache or stop an M1 Abrams in you guys' wet dreams about dying in some blaze of glory), the success rate--if you want to call it that--is 90%.

After a career in the military, a definite familiarity with firearms and still own several, I fear I'm just too old to get out there and actually get involved in any revolution, unless it swept through my neighborhood.
Wow, a voice of moderation and honesty. You're a rarity here.

Well laddie, perhaps these lassies could help you be more sane and learn how to safely handle your gun.

Ladies of Lead — About Us​

Ladies Of Lead Group Therapy, LLC ® has educational programs for handgun safety and personal protection. Most of our clients are first time shooters with no prior experience with handguns. Still other clients may have taken the basic hand written or on line course and received their Concealed Handgun License yet they do not know how to shoot a handgun or have any information on fundamentals, ammunition, misfires, jams and more importantly, how to protect innocent bystanders, including family members, from a stray bullet from their own gun. They could easily become part of the problem if they choose to draw their firearm. Our courses are structured to help you gain valuable information that one day may save your life or the life of a loved one. Since we realize the "learning curve" for beginners is challenging, we have built our courses in such a way to address this.
Within the Handgun 101 Course, you will have the opportunity to learn all about revolvers, semi-automatics and the different loads of cartridges for each. In your classroom instruction we will teach you all about the different ammunition available for you personal carry needs and situations. You will be able to handle unloaded handguns in several calibers. The .22, .38, 9mm and the 45ACP. We will teach body position, bench rest position, two-handed grip, sight alignment, sight picture, arc of movement, breath control, trigger control, follow-through and recoil management.
117247935_1318455315019713_1425080528804848276_o.jpg
No thanks.

According to the gun nuts, everyone is in a militia which is why everyone can buy as many guns as they (or their sponsors) can afford.

So were your fellow rednecks lying?

Oh, I'm a redneck now, am I? Actually I'm a liberal who just happens to understand what the unorganized militia is.

People don't need to be in the militia to buy guns, these are totally unrelated.

Individuals have the right to own weapons (keep arms) so the militia will have a ready supply of gun in times of need. If these people had to be in the militia to keep guns, then they'd just ban people from being in the militia.

Individuals also have the right to be in the militia (contrary to what I just said before) which is the right to bear arms. You don't have to be in the militia to have the right, it wouldn't be a right if that were the case and it'd be totally pointless too. This is so the militia has a ready supply of personnel in times of need.

All of which are outside of government control. They can't just call people up and then take their guns because their guns are in federal service, because the guns belong to individuals, not the militia.

Bullshit. The 2nd amendment says the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, dumbass.

There is no qualifier that says those people must be in the militia. If you had better reading comprehension skills than a dull 1st grader you would know that, moron.

Last edited:
Bullshit. The 2nd amendment says the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, dumbass.

There is no qualifier that says those people must be in the militia. If you had better reading comprehension skills than a dull 1st grader you would know that, moron.
Yeah, you have to overlook 1/2 of the amendment for that to be true.

Some of our "well regulated militia" members are homicidal maniacs. We don't check to see if they are before letting them buy thousands of rounds of ammo and enough guns to equip a battalion for some reason.

Forum List

Back