Can you help? Research question for persons who lead an unhealthy lifestyle

Jun 29, 2004
I am taking a health class in college and I am trying to collect information on different motivations to adopting a healthier lifestyles. First, do you feel or know that you are leading an unhealthy lifestyle (no exercise, excessive alcohol consumption, smoking, drugs, excessively overweight, poor diet ... things that are not conducive to your health)? What would it take for you to truly adopt a healthier lifestyle? I mean really devoting to it long-term by way of regular exercise, proper diet, quitting smoking, etc? What would have to happen for you to change your unhealthy ways? You could also answer that you will continue with your unhealthy lifestyle and nothing wll change that. If so, why is that? If you are already a person who went from unhealthy to healthy lifestyle what triggered your change?

Thanks in advance for everyone for their input!

I am taking a health class in college and I am trying to collect information on different motivations to adopting a healthier lifestyles. First, do you feel or know that you are leading an unhealthy lifestyle (no exercise, excessive alcohol consumption, smoking, drugs, excessively overweight, poor diet ... things that are not conducive to your health)? What would it take for you to truly adopt a healthier lifestyle? I mean really devoting to it long-term by way of regular exercise, proper diet, quitting smoking, etc? What would have to happen for you to change your unhealthy ways? You could also answer that you will continue with your unhealthy lifestyle and nothing wll change that. If so, why is that? If you are already a person who went from unhealthy to healthy lifestyle what triggered your change?

Thanks in advance for everyone for their input!

A firm belief that willingness to go through sometimes painful self discipline will lead to and help maintain something that is of higher priority than the old habit.

Forum List

Back