Can you even meet conservative women outside of church?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
All I really want is a decent woman at this point in my life. I want a friend who's mature and nerdy and educated and willing to have long talks into the night about the human past and possible human futures and language and science and all that other fun stuff. I want a partner who shares the desire to share our first time together and for a stable, happy family and wants to have kids to spoil and give the life we should have had. I've waited until I felt ready for any of that. I've been looking for it since I felt like I am. Unfortunately, so far my efforts at finding this tyoe have been... less than successful. The only women I can seem to find are liberal feminist types just in it to try to get some sex who probably have a few secret guys on the side, one of whom might be me.

I understand that this is California and that I shouldn't be expecting even a bare level of decency or integrity out of anyone I meet here, but still. I can't help but have higher standards than that. I'm done with trifling with girls whose first resort is the ultimatum if I happen to commit the sin of disagreeing with her about feminism or abortion or where to go to eat or whether I have the right to get off the phone and sleep before she's ready. I'm done with girls looking for a quick lay. I just want a decent, well adjusted, normal person who won't dump me for a week because I refuse to agree that she has a right to kill any hypothetical children we could have because they're not people before begging me to come back because she needs shit for a change. Can you even find that type outside of a church anymore? -.-

You could always try moving to, say, Bakersfield or Redding. The odds would improve compared to living in Berkeley or Santa Cruz.

Failing that, why not use a dating site? There are some for Christian dating if you are a Christian and even the ones like match.com have a box to check by way of political orientation.

It's difficult because conservative gals are so reserve. And even in church you get the "I'm just here for the Lord" bullshit. Liberal gals are so flakey and power mad you don't dare say you like a different color, that's an argument!

Outside of a daily work relationship online is your best bet but most single gals aren't conservative. You'd need a Christian only site and be prepared to Lord it up hot and heavy.

All I really want is a decent woman at this point in my life. I want a friend who's mature and nerdy and educated and willing to have long talks into the night about the human past and possible human futures and language and science and all that other fun stuff. I want a partner who shares the desire to share our first time together and for a stable, happy family and wants to have kids to spoil and give the life we should have had. I've waited until I felt ready for any of that. I've been looking for it since I felt like I am. Unfortunately, so far my efforts at finding this tyoe have been... less than successful. The only women I can seem to find are liberal feminist types just in it to try to get some sex who probably have a few secret guys on the side, one of whom might be me.

I understand that this is California and that I shouldn't be expecting even a bare level of decency or integrity out of anyone I meet here, but still. I can't help but have higher standards than that. I'm done with trifling with girls whose first resort is the ultimatum if I happen to commit the sin of disagreeing with her about feminism or abortion or where to go to eat or whether I have the right to get off the phone and sleep before she's ready. I'm done with girls looking for a quick lay. I just want a decent, well adjusted, normal person who won't dump me for a week because I refuse to agree that she has a right to kill any hypothetical children we could have because they're not people before begging me to come back because she needs shit for a change. Can you even find that type outside of a church anymore? -.-
I had to quit going to church, because of conservative women.

I found a far lefty, and we have a ball.

Opposites attract, and we are totally opposite.

We never run out of things to show each other.

Well at least you don't meet in the bathroom for lunch, like Judicial Review and his "nympho" wife, lol.

Typically, conservative women of that type are already married, to conservative men, which means they aren't out there on the market.

Most likely your best change is to get a HOBBY that women enjoy. Take up quilting, for example! Or join a group on facebook...I have met lots of cool people via facebook special interest groups (and I don't mean singles groups, either). I belong to sourdough baker groups, crochet groups, horse groups, dog groups, quilting groups, you name it.....I've never tried the dating pool that way because I'm not interested in dating, but there are a lot of decent people who frequent those groups.

Or get involved in your community with something that's going to throw you in with them! Like a singing group, or a cooking group....a HIKING group!

I'm currently trying to find a decent, self-supporting man for my niece the doctor. She has devoted her entire youth to getting her degree and setting up herself..now she has a house and wants a husband and kids, and is having a hard time finding someone.

Well at least you don't meet in the bathroom for lunch, like Judicial Review and his "nympho" wife, lol.
We don't meet in the bathroom period, we ain't pervs.

I commend your efforts to find a conservative woman. Church is great for that -- church is where you meet women who want to get married and have children. Beyond that I think you just have to ask right off the bat where they stand. If they are like Elaine on Seinfeld and won't date a guy who opposes abortion, might as well know right away and move on.

Women and their politics are little different. Women care more about "local stuff" -- their immediate friends and family, and taking care of them. This is a good and natural female instinct. Men care more about "broader stuff", like politics. That, too, is natural. Cavewoman feed baby, caveman keep watch for smilodons. It all works out.

In my experience, young, unmarried conservative women DO exist, and thankfully, they're usually on the hot side. As traditionalists, they don't mind looking feminine, with makeup, dresses, high heels. They're feisty, because they have to do a lot of battle.

But yes, there are hot liberal/feminist women. But you have to ask HOW LIBERAL they are exactly -- they often just overlay their natural feminine instincts to the broader lever (i.e., welfare is great because poor people are just like babies). Sometimes, frankly, they're just being lady airheads. It's not often a militant, hard-assed liberalism.

As long as the woman is 1) attractive enough and in decent shape, 2) smart and fun to be with and 3) wants to start a family, her politics are probably not a worry.

New Topics

Forum List

Back