Can you block economic recovery and still call yourself "Patriotic"?

R

rdean

What this country needs isn't more tax cuts or more corporate subsidies. It needs jobs.

We know there is a "skills" gap. This has been referenced many times in several threads.

We know Republicans are slashing education in state after state.

We know Republicans, even before he was sworn in, have said they want this president to fail.

We had a bridge fall down into a river during rush hour and we know that unless we fix our bridges, it won't be the last.

We know our electrical grid is old and failing.

We know our roads have potholes.

We know corporations are sitting on piles of cash.

We know millions of Americans are out of work.

We know Democrats have presented a vision of how to get out of this mess.

We know Republicans have said government can't do anything.

Republicans have said they will block anything this president tries to do.

Even if they keep Obama from being re-elected, they still say government can't do anything.

How will Republicans get Americans to vote for them? So far, we've heard Obama doesn't love this country and corporations are people. If you follow the Republicans plan of ending Medicare, ending Social Security, defunding the Federal Government, removing regulations, taxs for the wealthy, subsidies for companies, slash education and so on.

What's left? What are they going to run one? Clearly everyone sees that just cutting the deficit does nothing without revenue coming in from either a tax increase or taxes from new jobs being created.

The only strategy can't possibly be, "I hope he fails". Because the next question is, "Then what?"

Too bad USMB Republicans can't just answer the question instead of crying, "We don't want to end Medicare". Even telling them, "A voucher program is not Medicare". Or we don't want to end Social Security. Look at what is happening in the stock market. Thank God only some of my 401 is there. And to deny those other things? Why bother? It's what the fight is all about. You might as well deny the Moon.

"We own the economy" -- DNC July 2011

"Well, I'm here to tell you, some time in the next couple of months, we're going to be creating between 250,000 jobs a month and 500,000 jobs a month" -- Joe Biden April 2010

What this country needs isn't more tax cuts or more corporate subsidies. It needs jobs.

We know there is a "skills" gap. This has been referenced many times in several threads.

We know Republicans, even before he was sworn in, have said they want this president to fail.

We had a bridge fall down into a river during rush hour and we know that unless we fix our bridges, it won't be the last.

Even if they keep Obama from being re-elected, they still say government can't do anything.

How will Republicans get Americans to vote for them? So far, we've heard Obama doesn't love this country and corporations are people. If you follow the Republicans plan of ending Medicare, ending Social Security, defunding the Federal Government, removing regulations, taxs for the wealthy, subsidies for companies, slash education and so on.

What's left? What are they going to run one? Clearly everyone sees that just cutting the deficit does nothing without revenue coming in from either a tax increase or taxes from new jobs being created.

The only strategy can't possibly be, "I hope he fails". Because the next question is, "Then what?"

Too bad USMB Republicans can't just answer the question instead of crying, "We don't want to end Medicare". Even telling them, "A voucher program is not Medicare". Or we don't want to end Social Security. Look at what is happening in the stock market. Thank God only some of my 401 is there. And to deny those other things? Why bother? It's what the fight is all about. You might as well deny the Moon.
so....higher taxes on business owners,forced health care,high fuel prices[won't drill] ect...will create jobs??

Well, I for one hope he fails but I've got some news for you, this is gonna suck. We have reached the end of the line and we can't play hid the debt anymore. Time to pay the fiddler. We're going to have to make some cuts and go through the depression we so rightfully deserve.

Mike

funny how libbs can not give us a plan to create jobs!!:razz::razz:

Liberals have given several plans. I have to admit it's difficult fighting both the recession and the Republicans.

Maybe if Obama came out for tax cuts for the wealthy, Republicans would insist on raising their taxes?

To them ONLY they are the country.

Everyone who doesnt agree with their policys (historically failed ideas) is not a real American to them.

They dont really like Democracy which is why they keep trying to redefine what Democracy means.

Well, I for one hope he fails but I've got some news for you, this is gonna suck. We have reached the end of the line and we can't play hid the debt anymore. Time to pay the fiddler. We're going to have to make some cuts and go through the depression we so rightfully deserve.

Mike

That's your answer? Go into a depression? Are you nuts?

Everyone who doesnt agree with their policys (historically failed ideas) is not a real American to them.

They dont really like Democracy which is why they keep trying to redefine what Democracy means.

We don't live in a democracy. Sorry.

Mike

Mike

That's your answer? Go into a depression? Are you nuts?

Pretty much. It has to happen, we can't keep trying to expand this bubble. I mean I know this is a great story and all romantic to see but we cannot keep it up. If we print enough money to reduce the debt, we will wind up in a depression because of inflation, if we don't print enough money we're gonna get our credit rating dropped again and again and we'll see interest rates go through the roof.

About every 3 or 4 generations an economy based on fiat currency and fractional lending will hit a recession/depression that it cannot grow its way out of, I think we're there. It is kind of the natural way of reducing the money supply. Its what we get for the foolish decisions we've made.

Mike

We don't live in a democracy. Sorry.

Mike

And here is a fool to deny the definition of the word democracy.

Mike

National Debt was a bigger share of the GDP after WW2.

Democracy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

de·moc·ra·cy
noun \di-ˈmä-krə-sē\
pluralde·moc·ra·cies

Definition of DEMOCRACY

a: government by the people; especially: rule of the majority b: a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

So are we back to the narrative that the Tea Party has been running the country since Obama was elected?

You Progressives know you no longer have a media monopoly, right?

Last edited:
Obama thought is was funn-eh

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O55aRrvXtio]Obama: Shovel-Ready Not as Shovel-Ready as We Expected - YouTube[/ame]

They never have and never will put country over party.

Two up, no recommendations. Two "fails". Not entirely unexpected.
here you go!!cut taxes so consumers have more of their own money to invest and spend on goods that are made by producers that will hire people to keep up with the increase in production do to the higher demand for said goods....employe's that will pay income taxes!![libbs should love that]...drill baby drill to lower the cost of production,travel and shipping to free up more capital!!....AND MOST IMPORTANTLY VOTE THE COMMUNIST PARTY OUT OF OFFICE IN 2012...no libbs means good economy!!

Forum List

Back