Can you be religious yet rational?

Moralism is just that....it is moralism.
That isn't Christianity.

Where Christianity may contain morality it isn't the whole substance of it.
Christianity is based on the scriptural account of the life and works of Jesus. Not just a portion but the whole of it.

Because Jesus is ALIVE...He currently holds ALL authority in Heaven and Earth. He has personal relationships with those who believe in him.

If you don't know Him, I highly recommend not using the name. He kinda gets upset about slandering his identity. Well the whole universe actually is the one getting upset
...He is the one trying to keep you alive...don't give Him a reason to stop eh? Even if you don't want to be one of Jesus' sycophants.

Jesus, alive???

The Armageddon genocidal Jesus?

Are you joking with us or are you one of those who believes in some supernatural god?

Regards
DL

Jesus, alive???

The Armageddon genocidal Jesus?

Are you joking with us or are you one of those who believes in some supernatural god?

Regards
DL
I believe in the one true God who created the Natural Order....

God is always good....God is always so busy being good He cannot be evil.

The Universe however is cursed because it was created without the capacity for forgiveness. Only infinite beings forgive.

And this desire for destruction by the universe comes about because it is Holy.

Holiness is a state of being that is not just reserved for special use or is good...but where this unmeasurable state of existence is not just Good it automatically tries to correct itself should an error arise....enter sinful mankind. The universe wants to remove mankind from existence. God protects mankind from the universe He created for them because they sinned and continue to.

So...no supernatural God...but one that chose the natural order and concequenses of your behavior.

And "Armageddon" is not God killing everyone but mankind killing themselves.

The Universe however is cursed because it was created without the capacity for forgiveness. Only infinite beings forgive.

Holiness is a state of being that is not just reserved for special use or is good...but where this unmeasurable state of existence is not just Good it automatically tries to correct itself should an error arise....enter sinful mankind. The universe wants to remove mankind from existence. God protects mankind from the universe He created for them because they sinned and continue to.

So...no supernatural God...but one that chose the natural order and concequenses of your behavior.

I was hoping to chat but see that you are truly delusional and would condemn a person for murdering himself, while adoring your god for the same sin and crime when he did it for you.

Only a fool would think of God as only good when we live in a dualistic universe. Your own bibles tells you he is a liar. He even admits to sinning in Job 2.3

Try reading your bible.

You must think genocide, homophobia and misogyny to all be good.

Go away, Satan.

Regards
DL

The unive4se wants to remove mankind from existence???

Where's you evidence of that outrageous statement? Show us, even in religious terms where that was proven.

The unive4se wants to remove mankind from existence???

Where's you evidence of that outrageous statement? Show us, even in religious terms where that was proven.
"Very good" is a backhanded statement for holiness.

Whatever.

We are still way more powerful than your genocidal prick.

Power aside, why do you like Hitler types?

Armageddon is genocide with a nice Jesus doing the killing instead of the curing.

Christians will applaud, but not moral ones.

Regards
DL
You know I said the truth. Admite it and live. I mean forever. The mind will be saved, or the mind will not be saved. That saved mind will get a new body. I will not lie to you. God will not with sadness kill people who have him rulling over them. They that would not have me should rule over them, slay them before me. Peaceful people will not be slain. It is good to let violent people to live, to kill they that are peacful? Those killer's are worse than they that arbore life. They that are insane will say that loveless killers, who have no natural affection, should live.

Yes there is.

Moral ones.

Regards
DL

You know I said the truth. Admite it and live. I mean forever. The mind will be saved, or the mind will not be saved. That saved mind will get a new body. I will not lie to you. God will not with sadness kill people who have him rulling over them. They that would not have me should rule over them, slay them before me. Peaceful people will not be slain. It is good to let violent people to live, to kill they that are peacful? Those killer's are worse than they that abourt life. They that are insane will say that loveless killers, who have no natural affection, should live.

That’s funny, now you are grasping at Latin. How is Christianity absurd? ...

Crucifixus est dei filius: non pudet, quia pudendum est. et mortuus est dei filius: prorsus credibile est, quia ineptum est. et sepultus resurrexit: certum est, quia impossibile.
Tertullian

People who are against me will have a hard heart. That will change when Jesus comes in. The Pharaoh did not allow the Unseen Father to come into his mind, even as Lucifer not allowing God's Spirit to came into Lucifer's mind. God has power to give life. People don't have that power. Look at yourselves with what humans have done to each other.

Its clear in the scripture that God hardened Pharaoh's heart.

There are many things about religions I like, such as their goal of encouraging good behavior, spirituality and so on ... but I'm somewhat annoyed when people hold obviously irrational religious beliefs. Lately, I kind of angered a friend when I involuntarily made fun of him claiming he believes in demons "because the Bible says they exist". I felt kind of sorry about that.

I know Christians who practize their faith in a very rational manner, but they don't take every word of the Bible literally. "Don't confuse the Bible with a history book, it's not about historical or scientific accuracy, but about moral and spiritual truths", they say. "It's not God's word, it's a collection of stories written by humans who explain their experiences with God." Fair deal.

Nevertheless, many Christians see it differently and often get in fights with atheists, who turn it into a battle of "science vs. religion". Atheists make fun of Christians who irrationally believe in supernatural phenomena like miracles, angles, spirits, demons and so on -- or a personified, anthropomorphic God. They point to beliefs that obviously contradict scientific evidence, such as creationism.

So, is it possible? Can you truly be rational, respect science, yet be a true believer?

What do you think?
So, is it possible? Can you truly be rational, respect science, yet be a true believer?

the former will lead to the latter -

1st century events, liberation theology is not included in the desert religion bibles so hopefully all beliefs are not found in a book.

New Topics

Forum List

Back