Can you be religious and pro science and technology?

It is obvious that the conflict is in the minds of unbelievers.
So you agree that the world wasn't made in six days? Good for you.

Actually, I agree that the age of the earth has no effect upon me one way or another therefore I do not worry about it. I can attest that the earth is at least 73 years old though from personal experience. Do you also worry about the diet of the African tribesmen?
A little too uncomfortable to think about the bible being wrong... and that's only page 1?
It is allegorical.

Actually, I agree that the age of the earth has no effect upon me one way or another therefore I do not worry about it. I can attest that the earth is at least 73 years old though from personal experience. Do you also worry about the diet of the African tribesmen?
A little too uncomfortable to think about the bible being wrong... and that's only page 1?

No. I do recognize that unbelievers are not able to accurately interpret what the Scriptures actually say

I know a southern Baptist who served as a military officer who loves movies like The Martian, Star Wars, etc and TV shows like Babylon 5, Star Trek, and Battlestar Galactica.
I like that stuff too, but it's science fiction. In general, I love science and technology and don't see a conflict.

It is allegorical.
No it's not and you can't prove that it is something other than what's written.

No. I do recognize that unbelievers are not able to accurately interpret what the Scriptures actually say
So the bible doesn't mean what's written? Is that the only way it makes any sense to you? Who decides that?

It is allegorical.
Sure I can... by what was created.

So the bible doesn't mean what's written? Is that the only way it makes any sense to you? Who decides that?

Believers. Ding has also told you. You will never understand the Bible because you have no faith.

It is allegorical.
So the universe is proof that the bible is allegorical? :lmao: :cuckoo:

Believers. Ding has also told you. You will never understand the Bible because you have no faith.
So how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and back?

It is allegorical.
No. The Bible itself is proof of that, dumbass.

The problem is that you are a low IQ guy and you think this means something or you are just a troll. It has been explained to you before. It doesn't mean anything. Even a low IQ guy understands this. So that leaves us with you are just a troll. The problem is... you are not a very good troll. You are like the Barney Fife of trolls. You are great comedy relief.

It is allegorical.
So where's the proof that the world was made in 6 days is an allegorical story? And Noah and the ark has proof as well? The story about Adam banged the girl and getting tossed from heaven has proof also? Ok, go. :popcorn:

The problem is that you are a low IQ guy and you think this means something or you are just a troll. It has been explained to you before. It doesn't mean anything. Even a low IQ guy understands this. So that leaves us with you are just a troll. The problem is... you are not a very good troll. You are like the Barney Fife of trolls. You are great comedy relief.
You dismiss everything by saying that it's allegorical every time. Not everyone thinks that the bible is total fiction like you do, so that's why I ask, to see if ANYONE has a plausible theory. If it makes you uncomfortable, I understand completely.

It is allegorical.
So where's the proof that the world was made in 6 days is an allegorical story? And Noah and the ark has proof as well? The story about Adam banged the girl and getting tossed from heaven has proof also? Ok, go. :popcorn:
Yep, all allegorical, except that bang the girl thingee, that's not in there.

You dismiss everything by saying that it's allegorical every time. Not everyone thinks that the bible is total fiction like you do, so that's why I ask, to see if ANYONE has a plausible theory. If it makes you uncomfortable, I understand completely.
Nope, just the books written in the literary style of allegory.

So where's the proof? :dunno:

So Jesus never actual happened?

You need proof that it is allegorical? You mean you can't figure that out on your own? I did.

So Jesus never actual happened?
What did I tell you - like three times - the different literary types of the Bible are?

You need proof that it is allegorical? You mean you can't figure that out on your own? I did.
Ok, so all you have is wishful thinking. Got it.

Forum List

Back