Can you be in a militia and not know it?

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Ask George Mason, one of the Founding Fathers

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials."
In the thread I authored

The above answer stood out.

(a)
The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

Can you be in a militia and not know it?​

Why don't you tell the class candycorn? Did you enjoy the meetings?

1653261134287.png

(a)
The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but in the Amendment, the word "Militia" is capitalized. In your link it is not. Is there a difference between what the Amendment is referring to vs what your link is referring to?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but in the Amendment, the word "Militia" is capitalized. In your link it is not. Is there a difference between what the Amendment is referring to vs what your link is referring to?
You guys are desperate to create some link between militia membership and gun ownership...lol.

Just say you all want to ban private gun ownership and be done with it.

(a)

Bump:

In the thread I authored

Yes, the "unorganized militia" has every male in the country in it

In the thread I authored

The operative phrase being one of the Founding Fathers.

So, what does that mean in practical terms?

Women aren't members of the militia?

If not, why not?

Because the US is a male dominated society and doesn't expect women to fight. In fact doesn't want women fighting.

In practical terms it means you can't demand to be in the National Guard with your right to (bear arms) be in the militia.

That doesn't sound very lawful.

Well, women can apply to be in the unorganzied militia if they want. There's no one to apply to, and if they demand their right to be in the militia by going to the National Guard and the Guard doesn't want them, they'll just give them a sticker that says "Unorganized militia" on it.

It's so lawful it's incredible. You literally make a body that prevents people from accessing their rights because that body gives them their right in a completely pointless manner.

In the thread I authored

Every abled body man and woman is in the militia unorganized militia.

New Topics

Forum List

Back