Can we sue China for littering? Chinese satellite crashed into Montana

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
"WHERE DID THE DEBRIS GO? Sky watchers in western parts of North America were startled on Feb. 24th when a decaying Chinese rocket flew in glowing pieces across the early morning sky. Coincidentally, a geomagnetic storm was underway, so the fragments cut across curtains of Northern Lights on both sides of the Canadian border. It was one of the most scenic re-entries in many years.

Now observers are wondering, where did the debris go? To help answer that question, analyst Rob Matson has plotted weather radar echoes of the fragments. "I put together a composite image of all the Doppler radar returns I could find," he says. "There are actually quite a few distributed into two main clusters, both in western Montana."

"Most of the returns are from debris at altitudes between 10 km and 18 km," says Matson. "A few are between 4 and 5 km--quite close to the ground. I also found a solitary hit up in Canada--probably something good-sized to continue so far north."

Matson is also examining seismic records. "I've managed to find sonic boom signatures on three seismic stations so far – Missoula, Bozeman and Yellowstone. I suspect I'll find a few more as I dig through the stations closest to the ground track."

No one knows what fraction of the rocket body disintegrated completely in Earth's atmosphere, and what fraction survived the descent to scatter across the landscape of Montana and Canada. Matson's maps may provide some guidance for fragment-hunters. Stay tuned for updates. "
SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers solar flares auroras and near-Earth asteroids

debris_strip.jpg

Yep, just like obama. Stuff your head up your ass and let someone else deal with it. Jimmy abandoned the Shah so now Iran is run by Islamic zealots that much of the world's terrorism springs from! Liberals are too stupid to be put in charge of anything.

Yep, just like obama. Stuff your head up your ass and let someone else deal with it. Jimmy abandoned the Shah so now Iran is run by Islamic zealots that much of the world's terrorism springs from! Liberals are too stupid to be put in charge of anything.

Are you in the right thread? This is about China littering in Montana.

Are you in the right thread? This is about China littering in Montana.
Weird. I responded to rdean about Jimmy Carter and "4 years of peace".

Forum List

Back