Zone1 Can we have a threads per hour limit on USMB?

A new board rule limiting the amount of threads membership can create not only ignores, but would not resolve the root problem that dissuedes intelligent, functional discussion/debate (which was explained in Post # 24). Nor would placing the influencer/troll on ignore.
You don’t engage in intelligent and functional discussions or debates. Clearly, it isn’t one of your concerns. And no, you didn’t explain anything in post 24. You just bleated out your opinion. Not the same thing.

Of course, if you always see the useless clutter of a shitty posting member’s posting efforts, it can cut way down on the number of posts you even have to look at if you put him or her on ignore.

Once again, you’re worried about a problem that doesn’t even really exist.

i literally agreed to a post limit and no one cared lol
Damn man get outside.....This time of year (if I had a day off) when I was in my 30s I'd be out filling the larder and/or getting ready for bow season.....I'm old and broken-down now and can't navigate the ridges like I once did but I still manage to kill 100+ squirrels a year. ;)

Never said I was but I have a sneaking suspicion that you think you are.....Likely a real loser in life, most of the self-important ones are when it comes down to brass tacks.....But hey, maybe you are a one-off. :laughing0301:

Heh heh. This is actually quite humorous. I'll let it go. Just because you don't know.

You don’t engage in intelligent and functional discussions or debates. Clearly, it isn’t one of your concerns. And no, you didn’t explain anything in post 24. You just bleated out your opinion. Not the same thing.

Of course, if you always see the useless clutter of a shitty posting member’s posting efforts, it can cut way down on the number of posts you even have to look at if you put him or her on ignore.

Once again, you’re worried about a problem that doesn’t even really exist.

Well. As I've mentioned casually to you previously around the board, the Bull Ring is that way, my man ------------>

Any time. Any topic. You may lead. Just whistle. I'm usually in the neighborhood. I like to learn. Oh yes indeed!

Anyway. I'll give you two goobers the last word...

Last edited:
Damn man get outside.....This time of year (if I had a day off) when I was in my 30s I'd be out filling the larder and/or getting ready for bow season.
I live in lebanon, not exactly vegas or montana, i get outside more when i go to our house in the mountains, because the electricity goes off a lot, so there's more time to hang out, i prefer to be on twitter all day i admit

There's a lot more wrong than just that, but you're not addressing the problems.
What are the problems? How do you know that they are problems? Do you have reliable solutions to the problems?

I don't think the moderators are interested in saving this forum anymore. Maybe one of them will show an interest in addressing the problems.

I don't think you understand how difficult it would be to maintain the orderliness that you are probably envisioning. If I am wrong please enlighten me. Better yet, direct me to the discussion forum that works as you seem to imply is possible.

Immature behaviour in general has taken over and maybe there's nothing can be done about that?
Why don't you believe that correcting some of the problems might also control the quality of the discussions? I don't get it - how do you not connect the two???

Last edited:
I expect more from this forum than the childish nonsense it's becoming now.
I'm mildly interested in saving the sky from falling but I know that to bring it back, in my opinion, is going to take a concerted effort by the moderators.
How about joining me in building the discussion forum that will meet your idea, I am sure it will be popular, and make money!

Last edited:
Not sure if its the older bro or the younger one but he is not a Bot just has a lot of time on his hands.
He already said he posts and his "husband" has access to his account and uses it, if you can believe him.

I have zero problem with what or how much anyone posts. It's no concern to me, and shouldn't be for anyone else.

Seems strange to me that anyone keeps a tally on another's posts. That's all I'm seeing

A new board rule limiting the amount of threads membership can create not only ignores, but would not resolve the root problem that dissuedes intelligent, functional discussion/debate (which was explained in Post # 24). Nor would placing the influencer/troll on ignore.

I didn't read the rest of your post, so I have no idea what you said before that. I just skipped to the end of it.
I gloss over most of your nonsense too.

How about joining me in building the discussion forum that will meet your idea, and I am sure it will be popular and make money.
What you fail to realize is when there are tough times folks like a little relief from it in the form of humor and yes, even sarcasm.

There is also the strong realization from those of us that have been on this rock for a very long time that there is shit-all to be done about our current predicament within the system in place.

I'd like to think that we could still vote our way out of this mess that we have put ourselves in but I'm not very optimistic concerning our prospects in that regard.

No need to talk it all to death at this point, just have some fun with it while you still can because unless I miss my guess we ain't seen nothing yet pain wise.

Everything is relative to one’s past experiences. Coming from several years of experience on political chatrooms influenced my personal take. What comparatives do you have with your political exchange/oppositional experiences besides USMB? Maybe this has impacted your stance?
I have been monitoring discussion forums since 2003, and nothing has impressed me, except for USMB not banning me for pushing my campaign for a constitutional convention series, debating that atheists posses dogma, discussing racism in America, and replying to really stupid posts.

I believe that there is a better way to deliberate the discussions, but it requires skin in the game, and an understanding that there have to be rules for debates.

Eventually, the venture will be the model for the actual government. Think about it. If we can correctly adjust the online discussion chaos to the point that we are able to identify the root of the problem and put forth a solution - why wouldn't we want that to be the rules of the government deliberation process?

In essence the American government should be better organized to solve the problems that we are arguing.

Last edited:
Well. As I've mentioned casually to you previously around the board, the Bull Ring is that way, my man ------------>
You define yourself by this Board. Very sad. Pathetic even.
Any time. Any topic. You may lead. Just whistle. I'm usually in the neighborhood. I like to learn. Oh yes indeed!
You are in luck. Take the universe of all there is to know and learn. You’re the little dot on the outside. No overlap.
Anyway. I'll give you two goobers the last word...
I neither need to be given the last word nor concern myself if you sneak in some more of your gibberish.

I feel a certain pity for you. I’ll therefore help you out. Try posting ON topic. Try to remember that the thread is NOT about you nor your desire to be seen as smart.

Turn your vanity down a few dozen healthy notches. Keep in mind that you are indeed a fail in life. Self awareness would be of enormous benefit for a shallow little troll like you.

What you fail to realize is when there are tough times folks like a little relief from it in the form of humor and yes, even sarcasm.
What you fail to realize is that we are supposed to be avoiding the tough times. We are supposed to be approaching world peace. Nobody has figured out how to do that, yet. It is absurd to believe that it is impossible.

There is also the strong realization from those of us that have been on this rock for a very long time that there is shit-all to be done about our current predicament within the system in place.
Instead of wasting time doing what it is that you do, how about trying to describe some of the problems and what you think would be the solution.

I'd like to think that we could still vote our way out of this mess that we have put ourselves in but I'm not very optimistic concerning our prospects in that regard.
We will not be able to vote in a correction to the government except for a complete reordering of all three levels of government. The three-part separation model is junk. We need a better separation model.

No need to talk it all to death at this point, just have some fun with it while you still can because unless I miss my guess we ain't seen nothing yet pain wise.
Before any war their will be an attempt to negotiate peace - that is when the proposal for a new government model will make sense.

I have been monitoring discussion forums since 2003, and nothing has impressed me, except for USMB not banning me for pushing my campaign for a constitutional convention series, debating that atheists posses dogma, discussing racism in America, and replying to really stupid posts.

I believe that there is a better way to deliberate the discussions, but it requires skin in the game, and an understanding that there have to be rules for debates.

Eventually, the venture will be the model for the actual government. Think about it. If we can correctly adjust the online discussion chaos to the point that we are able to identify the root of the problem and put forth a solution - why wouldn't you want that to be the rules of the government deliberation process?

In essence the American government should be better organized to solve the problems that we are arguing.
I agree with your life philosophy PL that most every problem has a solution. The part about “understanding that there have to be rules for debates” reads pretty straightforward, until we get into recognizing that many of us are not here to participate in a formal debate, at least not as a sole way of having a discussion. Clean debate threads should help those who want to participate in a more formal debate with set goalposts.

Most people want to pick and choose what they do in life, and it’s no different on this message board. My short-sighted take: posters will never agree about which rules, how many rules or no rules. Of course, opinion polls could be conducted and we might find agreement about what a problem is, but again it will fall back to the disagreement about HOW to resolve the problem, if at all.

Like our fine politicians on the hill can agree that a problem needs to be resolved but agreeing about HOW to resolve any problem mostly involves the typical tug-of-war game: back-and-forth, back-and-forth never forward.

I expect more from this forum than the childish nonsense it's becoming now.
I'm mildly interested in saving the sky from falling but I know that to bring it back, in my opinion, is going to take a concerted effort by the moderators.
You should leave for one more suited to you.

I suggest ummag.com

Like our fine politicians on the hill can agree that a problem needs to be resolved but agreeing about HOW to resolve any problem mostly involves the typical tug-of-war game: back-and-forth, back-and-forth never forward.
The problem is wrapped up in the inadequate separation of government.
I want to solve that problem. I am too far advanced in the effort, and there is too much fame and fortune to be had to abandon the ambition.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back