Can we have a talk about Madison Cawthorn? Stolen Valor and a College dropout yet.....

The commie mentioned congresscritters and there are 535 of them, it took it several posts to get more specific.

It's all good. I understood you from the beginning.

You made a point that we have 535 members of congress to be worried about. He misinterpreted you to mean you were only talking about the House for some reason. You both should move on, IMO, but it would be okay if you fight about more interesting things. :)

Getting back to Cawthorn....

Seems it takes a pretty mean person to start a thread like this one about a guy who was nominated to the Naval Academy, presumably because he has a background that is much more respectable than most of us, who then nearly dies when he is critically injured during his last year of High School (I presume), and ends up being an elected member of Congress.

I mean, they are claiming that the guy used his tragic accident as a knowingly-false excuse for not getting into the Naval Academy. They are doing so without proof of this serious allegation, when the time perioud does not support their unsubstantiated claims. They are doing it out of hate and with their innate "cancel culture" mentality they have, to be vengeful against anyone they disagree with.

They are willing to post accusations like this at a public forum, but seem to be unable to offer any real proof. Reminds me of the #MeToo movement where you are supposed to believe women, some of whom have made false claims of serious misconduct.

The documentation of that mendacity has been posted in this thread several times, from its beginning, including a court deposition. That you choose not to read them is your problem. It's also been pointed out that he blatantly lied about that accident, throwing his friend who saved his life under the bus. And, that Mark Meadows, who sponsored his nomination to the Naval Academy, also didn't want him in Congress. And other sleazy stories in his past --- they're all here. Plus, he was on the stage inciting the insurrection mob January 6th.

All of that said, this is our issue in NC-11 to exorcise. Obviously the district has been gerrymandered bigly, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't extend to Virginia.

Well maybe you'll get lucky and Meadows will run in 2022, he's pretty popular in that area.

The documentation of that mendacity has been posted in this thread several times, from its beginning, including a court deposition.

Sorry, but I avoid Twitter and Twitter links with screenshots are not much proof of anything.

Nomination was December 3rd, 2013.
Proof:
(page 23)

Accident was April 3rd, 2014.
Proof:
(page 2)

Rejection letters are sent by mid April, but who knows when Cawthorn got his, other than it was some time before the accident.
Proof:
(first bullet)
and
(page 148 of the pdf)

Here is what his website says:
"Madison was homeschooled in Hendersonville and received a full ride ROTC scholarship to NC State and was also nominated to the U.S. Naval Academy by Rep. Mark Meadows in 2014. However, Madison’s plans were derailed that year after he nearly died in a tragic automobile accident that left him partially paralyzed and in a wheelchair."
Proof:

I am pretty sure Madison's plans for the rest of his life were derailed that year.

Must be easy for some abled folks who can still walk and stand to attack someone in a wheelchair because they happen to be a Republican.

His statements that he was nominated, and that his life was derailed shortly thereafter are factually correct. He did not say he was accepted. He did not say that he served. Yet, the OP made a serious accusation of Stolen Valor. In writing.

OP should look up "libel."

Last edited:
NO, there are 435 in the House, where Madison :gay: Cawthorn is, and each of them represents a DISTRICT, not a country, as you yourself just acknowledged in your second sentence, directly contradicting your first. Further YOU don't get to decide where *I* live, Tovarich. Perhaps you should worry about your own Rep.
He is obviously including the Senate in the count of 535 "congresscritters."

Obviously he is. He's slow that way. Doesn't seem to understand that Senators represent states and Congresscritters represent "districts".

What about states with only one Congressional District?

NO, there are 435 in the House, where Madison :gay: Cawthorn is, and each of them represents a DISTRICT, not a country, as you yourself just acknowledged in your second sentence, directly contradicting your first. Further YOU don't get to decide where *I* live, Tovarich. Perhaps you should worry about your own Rep.
He is obviously including the Senate in the count of 535 "congresscritters."

Obviously he is. He's slow that way. Doesn't seem to understand that Senators represent states and Congresscritters represent "districts".

What about states with only one Congressional District?

They have a single Congresscritter called "at large". For example when I lived in Vermont Bernie Sanders was my Congressman, because he was everybody's Congressman in that state.

THIS state however has 13. Cawthorn's is District 11. That's where I am, that's where Bones is.

The documentation of that mendacity has been posted in this thread several times, from its beginning, including a court deposition.

Sorry, but I avoid Twitter and Twitter links with screenshots are not much proof of anything.

Nomination was December 3rd, 2013.
Proof:
(page 23)

Accident was April 3rd, 2014.
Proof:
(page 2)

Rejection letters are sent by mid April, but who knows when Cawthorn got his, other than it was some time before the accident.
Proof:
(first bullet)
and
(page 148 of the pdf)

Here is what his website says:
"Madison was homeschooled in Hendersonville and received a full ride ROTC scholarship to NC State and was also nominated to the U.S. Naval Academy by Rep. Mark Meadows in 2014. However, Madison’s plans were derailed that year after he nearly died in a tragic automobile accident that left him partially paralyzed and in a wheelchair."
Proof:

I am pretty sure Madison's plans for the rest of his life were derailed that year.

Must be easy for some abled folks who can still walk and stand to attack someone in a wheelchair because they happen to be a Republican.

His statements that he was nominated, and that his life was derailed shortly thereafter are factually correct. He did not say he was accepted. He did not say that he served. Yet, the OP made a serious accusation of Stolen Valor. In writing.

OP should look up "libel."

Wonderful synopsis of all those factoids I told you were already here. Yeah I already know all that, including the dates, and pointed it out.

The "stolen valor" assessment, as I read it (I'm not the OP) comes from Cawthorn's attempts to sell his accident as a cause of his Naval rejection (which it clearly was not). This was a topic buzzing around these parts for months, as you can see from the datelines.

And again, that's hardly the only issue we have with this prima donna. Many of the other unrelated ones tie right back to the mendacity factor --- e.g. the bizarre story where he accused his friend who saved his life, of leaving him in the car to die. Shit like this indicates a personality with a shall we say tenuous relationship with Reality.

And again, that's hardly the only issue we have with this prima donna. Many of the other unrelated ones tie right back to the mendacity factor --- e.g. the bizarre story where he accused his friend who saved his life, of leaving him in the car to die. Shit like this indicates a personality with a shall we say tenuous relationship with Reality.

Well maybe next you should jump all over him for claiming that he was nominated in 2014, when in was actually in Dec 2013. That would be classy.

Dude claimed that his plans were derailed after losing his ability to walk, and this thread accuses him of Stolen Valor for stating that.

I wish him the best of success. I bet that he will have really big shoes to fill someday.

Regards,
Jim

Well maybe next you should jump all over him for claiming that he was nominated in 2014, when in was actually in Dec 2013. That would be classy.

Dude claimed that his plans were derailed after losing his ability to walk, and this thread accuses him of Stolen Valor for stating that.

I wish him the best of success. I bet that he will have really big shoes to fill someday.

Regards,
Jim

See, that's just the problem, you "wish him the best of success". That's what too many voters here did, just because he was in a car accident.

Regards,
Jim

See, that's just the problem, you "wish him the best of success". That's what too many voters here did, just because he was in a car accident.

Or perhaps they liked his policies better.

Regards,
Jim

He ain't got no "policies", he's 25 fucking years old.

Regards,
Jim

He ain't got no "policies", he's 25 fucking years old.

Yet he was elected to congress by your neighbors. LMAO

Forum List

Back