Can we blame Trump for the rise in gas prices?

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
:banana::banana:

AAA Gas Prices

upload_2018-1-24_15-1-43.png

Two components. The very reason we didn't dive deeper into recession was low interest rates and gas. Without both we'd still be in a deep recession. If both rates and gas are rising, then..............................................

Does it really matter...I'm sure you'll blame Trump for the sun going down tonight.

Actually you will find that I give very little blame or credit to any POTUS. Their influence is way overstated by most people for both the good and the bad.

Yeah, I can tell from comment #3.

Somehow I think you missed the point of comment #3...which is that Trump is not responsible for any of those things...and neither was Obama or Bush or Clinton or...well you get the idea...mabye

Does it really matter...I'm sure you'll blame Trump for the sun going down tonight.

Actually you will find that I give very little blame or credit to any POTUS. Their influence is way overstated by most people for both the good and the bad.
Well that's true in many cases, but he has really helped business, not just with the tax cut, but with the gutting of regulations.....
Regulations against selling spoiled food are one thing, but those that require a mirror in a bathroom be a certain spec is really really stupid.

Regulations against selling spoiled food are one thing, but those that require a mirror in a bathroom be a certain spec is really really stupid.

cannot argue with that!

The key factor driving prices higher is falling supplies of oil. The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries has kept a tight lid on output following a recent deal to extend oil production cuts.

And declining production in Venezuela, which is being roiled by political and economic turmoil, has contributed to the price spike.

Gas prices head up when they usually head down in winter

he's as responsible for gas prices as he is for the unemployment and dow jones numbers.

on that I agree 100%.
Gas is an international commodity with a world market. You are both ignorant, or at least silly.

As are stocks traded on the stock market.
Stocks are not imported nor exported nor is s there global demand for them.

It's just a stupid argument.

The president has far more control over some things than others, although he fully controls very little outside of the WH.

Forum List

Back