Can we beat climate change by geoengineering the oceans?

lkn6pbiw1ra91.jpg

dont believe any news site, look at their source. The report from scientists give the evidence.

My apologies ... I have to judge this paper the same way I judge The Alarmists attempts ... the actual data is thin, and the claims grandiose ... I wish the author is right, but with only access to the abstract, I can't say either way ...

Specific heat capacity is a physical constant that says how much energy is needed to increase the temperature by 1ºC ... different substances have different values ... for dry air at environmental temperatures, this is very close to 1 joule of energy per gram per degree Celsius; for water this value is closer to 4 J/g/ºC ... that means it takes four times the energy to heat water a degree than it is dry air ...

Thus the ocean is The Great Moderator in all these thermodynamic affairs ... and this the main reason global warming is a very very slow process ... 2ºC in the next 100 years is trivial, but the same in the air and in the ocean ... and won't solve our drinking water problems ...

Forum List

Back