Can we be honest here?

Yes I am. The ability of Social Media platforms to mobilize large numbers of young clueless voters should not be underestimated. They are ALL clearly biased against Trump and will be utilizing every resource to sway the election to Biden.
Very good point, Mike. Thank you. I'm not in the LEAST bit worried. President Trump WILL be re-elected in a landslide.
I hope you're right Bluz. I never thought I would see people so easily manipulated as they have been this year.

It's difficult to see how he survives his ignoring and even preventing testing of the virus. The virus itself is apolitical. Saying Team Trump did a good job not only requires ignoring facts, it requires ignoring the world. LOL

Even assuming a large maj of Whites change their minds on policing and systemic racise - OR MORE LIKELY - if the uncivil and anarchist protestors become the story, Trump still wears the dead albatross around his neck.

Trump's campaign will be more negative that Obama's 12 campaign. We'll see.

Do you think Americans are that dumb? Protests and riots took place in Democrat cities, and Democrat states, the Mayors did little to nothing about it, the rioters were Democrats, and they were upset about the conduct of a police officer in one of their Democrat cities.

But that's Trump's fault?

Those BLM protests deeply damaged Trump.
They showed him as callous and out of touch.
I can see Trump recovering from those protests.....But not the economy or COVID

The Wuhan virus and the economy are the same thing. We had the best economy in 50 years before the virus came along, and people will remember that.
The Good ole days of the Obama/Trump economy are gone.

All we can look at is how Trump has performed in a crisis and it has not been good.

He did all he could possibly do. You are forgetting some factors here: first off, the media didn't report on half of what the President was doing. To find out, you had to be on his Twitter account. But in the debates, Trump will tell the country (and world) what they did and since when. It will be the first time many of the voters will hear about it. Next thing is the Durham investigation is supposed to wrap-up by the end of summer according to the AG. Nobody knows what's in it because unlike the Democrats, the Republicans don't run to their media friends and leak information.

The President is not king. He can't implement whatever he desires. Many of the problems we experienced with the virus was due to our bureaucracies--not the President. I also think the Democrats are going to try and avoid talking about the virus given their actions and positions during the start of all this.

It's difficult to see how he survives his ignoring and even preventing testing of the virus. The virus itself is apolitical. Saying Team Trump did a good job not only requires ignoring facts, it requires ignoring the world. LOL

Even assuming a large maj of Whites change their minds on policing and systemic racise - OR MORE LIKELY - if the uncivil and anarchist protestors become the story, Trump still wears the dead albatross around his neck.

Do you think Americans are that dumb? Protests and riots took place in Democrat cities, and Democrat states, the Mayors did little to nothing about it, the rioters were Democrats, and they were upset about the conduct of a police officer in one of their Democrat cities.

I disagree about how people view the protests. The only ones who think Trump handled them wrong are the progressives who hated Trump anyway. People fear violence and except for minorities, they don't understand what BLM is trying to say.

They showed Dims as a gang of malicious thugs who hate white people. They hurt Biden far more than Trump. when the election comes around do you actually believe that the majority of property owning productive Americans are going to pull the lever for the candidate who supports such rampant lawlessness?

Trumps polling tanked once the protests started.
I think when history looks back at the Trump presidency, it will determine his decision to gas protestors so that he could photo-op with a Bible as his downfall.

Reminds me of Dukakis in that stupid tank

1593543416419.jpeg

1593543559741.jpeg

Last edited:

The Wuhan virus and the economy are the same thing. We had the best economy in 50 years before the virus came along, and people will remember that.

All we can look at is how Trump has performed in a crisis and it has not been good.

He did all he could possibly do. You are forgetting some factors here: first off, the media didn't report on half of what the President was doing. To find out, you had to be on his Twitter account. But in the debates, Trump will tell the country (and world) what they did and since when. It will be the first time many of the voters will hear about it. Next thing is the Durham investigation is supposed to wrap-up by the end of summer according to the AG. Nobody knows what's in it because unlike the Democrats, the Republicans don't run to their media friends and leak information.

The President is not king. He can't implement whatever he desires. Many of the problems we experienced with the virus was due to our bureaucracies--not the President. I also think the Democrats are going to try and avoid talking about the virus given their actions and positions during the start of all this.
I’m not looking for excuses

Do you think Trump is in a better situation today than he was six months ago?

Are any of our USMB Conservatives more concerned about Trumps re-election chances compared to six months ago?
My very liberal millennial daughter told me the other day that there is no way she is voting for "creepy hair-sniffing dementia Joe" -- her words, not mine. She also said that she probably wouldn't vote for Trump, but maybe for whomever the Libertarian candidate is or maybe just skip the presidential vote and just vote the down ballot races.
I don't think her position is unusual for millennial's.

Your daughter is an outlier
There is strong....I hate Trump sentiment among younger voters
The polls show it
No she isn't.
There is also a strong anti-geriatric sentiment among younger voters.

Are any of our USMB Conservatives more concerned about Trumps re-election chances compared to six months ago?
Much more concerned actually, Winger! Joe Biden in the White House has become even scarier than it was before. Where I thought he was just an idiot back then...I'm more convinced now that he's going senile and it's happening rather quickly. If Trump doesn't win...we're in deep trouble!

Well, you're not the only one either:

Nearly four-out-of-10 voters believe Joe Biden has dementia. Most voters, including just over half of Democrats, feel it is important for the likely Democratic presidential nominee to publicly address the issue.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 38% of Likely U.S. Voters think Biden is suffering from some form of dementia. Based on what they have seen and read, 48% disagree, but 14% are not sure. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Twenty percent (20%) of voters in his own party think Biden has dementia. But that compares to 66% of Republicans and 30% of voters not affiliated with either major party.

I’ve been consistent from the start that Trump-Biden was going to be a close one so my position has not changed.

That’s what I’ve said as well. If you ask me today I think Biden wins, but it’s a fluid situation between now and election time.

Why does the OP ask,what has changed?

Not in the least bit. It's likely that this Wuhan virus will be with us by the election, and you can't handover this country to a guy like that given our situation.
Yet, the COVID virus has destroyed his Presidency. How do you see Trump recovering in four months?

Do you think more of the same will do it?
Covid/tanked economy hurt him; protests are turning off a lot of people and may bring him a different element. So it's probably about even right now. But polls are fickle and no one should trust that he has lost a lot of support.

So you saying voters are that ignorant?

Yahoo virus = China

Riots = Democrats turning on each other

Trumps not a Conservative, but seeing as the only other choice is Biden .... lets just say I would rather set my ass on fire than vote for Joe.

The President never proclaimed being a conservative, but I don't know anybody in recent times that led more conservatively.
Trump spends like a Democrat.
And if he didnt, during this covid crisis, you'd be bitching about that too

Much more concerned actually, Winger! Joe Biden in the White House has become even scarier than it was before. Where I thought he was just an idiot back then...I'm more convinced now that he's going senile and it's happening rather quickly. If Trump doesn't win...we're in deep trouble!
Biden seems quite adept at attacking Trump and he launched another attack on his horrible COVID response today.

For a senile, old man, he seems to be damaging Trump.

I’m not looking for excuses

Do you think Trump is in a better situation today than he was six months ago?

Not six months ago, no. But the election is over four months away. In politics, events that take place a week before the election can turn things around dramatically. What's going on today is meaningless.

Why does the OP ask,what has changed?

Not in the least bit. It's likely that this Wuhan virus will be with us by the election, and you can't handover this country to a guy like that given our situation.
Yet, the COVID virus has destroyed his Presidency. How do you see Trump recovering in four months?

Do you think more of the same will do it?
Covid/tanked economy hurt him; protests are turning off a lot of people and may bring him a different element. So it's probably about even right now. But polls are fickle and no one should trust that he has lost a lot of support.

So you saying voters are that ignorant?

Yahoo virus = China

Riots = Democrats turning on each other
I think this Democrat nonsense all year (including covid) will cause mass CONSERVATIVE turnout.

In the last 6 months we learned that Biden fingered a female staffer, is coming unglued and has only 2 criteria for VP: 1) are you a Biden approved black and 2) do you now posses or have you ever had a vagina.

Not worried

The D's have picked their weakest link, what's to be more concerned about.

As far as the issues, personally I believe that events that have yet to occur will really determine the election.

Well, you're not the only one either:

Nearly four-out-of-10 voters believe Joe Biden has dementia. Most voters, including just over half of Democrats, feel it is important for the likely Democratic presidential nominee to publicly address the issue.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 38% of Likely U.S. Voters think Biden is suffering from some form of dementia. Based on what they have seen and read, 48% disagree, but 14% are not sure. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Twenty percent (20%) of voters in his own party think Biden has dementia. But that compares to 66% of Republicans and 30% of voters not affiliated with either major party.

Trump has a solid 42 percent of the vote that will ignore him shooting someone on Fifth Avenue

That only 38 percent are buying the Biden has dementia nonsense does not work in your favor

Of course.
Government shut-downs of huge chunks of the economy during a pandemic will
always make it more difficult for the incumbent.
Even if the opponent is a life long politician in cognitive decline.

Forum List

Back