Can the USA ever be United again?

Redfish

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2013
The Big Easy
When one reads the various threads on this message board, listens to the media, listens to the rhetoric coming out of DC, it becomes a real concern whether this country has become so divided politically and philosophically that it may not ever be united again.

we have always had different ideas, but we have always been able to find the common ground and go forward as Americans with a common purpose. I do not see that happening today.

Thoughts, comments.

We have become so divided, politically, socially and philosophically that we can never be divided again. We can be a totalitarian dictatorship where the ruling class suppresses all dissent so that it appears we are united, but that's not real unity. Those who dissent will be an attractive constituency for an external force to exploit.

We all know that USA is united now

Really? is that why congress has not been able to get anything done? Is that why there is so much partisan hate filling the internet and TV? Is that why obama has said he will rule by dictate?

explain how we are united in a common cause at this period in time.

When one reads the various threads on this message board, listens to the media, listens to the rhetoric coming out of DC, it becomes a real concern whether this country has become so divided politically and philosophically that it may not ever be united again.

we have always had different ideas, but we have always been able to find the common ground and go forward as Americans with a common purpose. I do not see that happening today.

Thoughts, comments.

No, the divide is too wide. The government has created it, successfully.

And what a great avatar you have there, Redfish. :thup:

In some ways I agree with you, yet then look back at history and see things have been the same pretty much since the beginning of these great United States. History seems to have a way of repeating itself. I do think that with todays 24/7 news we as a whole have just become more aware. I do believe though, that there is a certain amount of rewriting of past historical events that is being fed to our children that could truly one day bring us to our destruction, if ways are not found to effectively counteract it.

I have posted many times that imho. Obama is the worst, most clueless president in usa history.i saw obama in a dream last night. In last night's dream i was in a whitehouse room i walked up to obama and shook his hand and said,"i want to be nice to you,help me! But you must help me,obama shook my hand and said,your words touch my heart" just a dream?. In tonight's state of the union speech obama could save his presidency and really help the country if he would offer a olive branch and apologize for telling untruths,his arrogancy and offer to make a new start for the sake of the country and really work with congress.obama could turn everything around and go into history as a great president. ""all his choice""!!!

We all know that USA is united now

Really? is that why congress has not been able to get anything done? Is that why there is so much partisan hate filling the internet and TV? Is that why obama has said he will rule by dictate?

explain how we are united in a common cause at this period in time.

And this is what the GOP is going to try to do to help close the divide...:cuckoo:

WASHINGTON — Republican leaders in the House of Representatives, mindful of the changing face of the U.S. electorate, are expected to introduce their own guidelines this week for legalizing millions of undocumented immigrants. And that’s reigniting another identity crisis over the future of the GOP.

Some on the right have begun to mobilize against House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, with hopes of quashing plans to introduce a series of immigration-related bills.

more: WASHINGTON: Will Boehner’s immigration ‘principles’ help struggling GOP? | Immigration | McClatchy DC

No.

Never.

Unless dimocraps commit mass suicide. :eusa_dance::eusa_pray:

obama5year.png

WORST.PRESIDENT........EVER.

Even worse than Tricky Dick. Or the rapist. Or Truman.

Worst ever.

Biggest reason why? Look at the spread between Patriotic Americans and dimocrap scum... Massive.

The worst part? dimocraps don't care. They just aren't interested.

Just remember something, dimocraps..... Payback's a bitch

Thoughts, comments.

No, the divide is too wide. The government has created it, successfully.

And what a great avatar you have there, Redfish. :thup:

Ya, like my fish? thanks :smiliehug:

Things have been pretty much the same, until now. Now the people no longer have the same values, no longer hold the same traditions, no longer celebrate the same holidays or agree on the same national heroes. We are divided on every level.

Thoughts, comments.

No I don't see it happening. Not even with another civil war.

Thoughts, comments.

Conservatives don't want a united country. Conservatives want to balkanize America every way they can,

under the banner of their own perverted definition of 'liberty'.

This board only looks that way because we have alot of type A, hyper partisan members on this board. People who actually give a shit about politics, political junkies. Only about ten million a day watch cable news. The vast majority of Americans are politically inept and couldn't tell you who their Senator or Congressman are. So to us, a tiny minority of the electorate, that actually follow politics, yea it looks like America is divided, but in reality most Americans would rather vote on American Idol or Survivor than take their fat asses to the polling place to vote in national elections.

Thoughts, comments.

No I don't see it happening. Not even with another civil war.

then what is the solution, divide the country? change our sytem of government? hold a constitutional convention? just let it fall apart?

This board only looks that way because we have alot of type A, hyper partisan members on this board. People who actually give a shit about politics, political junkies. Only about ten million a day watch cable news. The vast majority of Americans are politically inept and couldn't tell you who their Senator or Congressman are. So to us, a tiny minority of the electorate, that actually follow politics, yea it looks like America is divided, but in reality most Americans would rather vote on American Idol or Survivor than take their fat asses to the polling place to vote in national elections.

a sad commentary, but probably true.

Forum List

Back