Can the US win in the Middle East attacking Iran?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017

https://history.army.mil/html/books/059/59-3-1/CMH_59-3-1.pdf

Remember, George W Bush was able to convince dozens and dozens of countries to join the US in attacking Iraq. Plus he had the support of NATO after 911.

Trump has basically squat sh!t on NATO. They will not help us now that Trump withdrew from the Iran nuclear treaty.
We all know Iran is ramping up nuclear material production and you can thank Trump for that. And that’s how NATO will see it.

So will the United States attack another Arab country on the other side of the world?

A country three times bigger than Iraq was?

You can bomb them into the Stone Age, and then what?

And will the US end up as the most feared nation on earth? Will the entire world see the United States as a rogue state headed by a crazy man?

So what do you think? Will the US attack Iran?

Then what?

It was for show only, we don't need any of them.

And oh God I got sick of the MSM hyberbole of Iraq's army that we smashed in days.

Remember, George W Bush was able to convince dozens and dozens of countries to join the US in attacking Iraq. Plus he had the support of NATO after 911.

Trump has basically squat sh!t on NATO. They will not help us now that Trump withdrew from the Iran nuclear treaty.
We all know Iran is ramping up nuclear material production and you can thank Trump for that. And that’s how NATO will see it.

So will the United States attack another Arab country on the other side of the world?

And will the US end up as the most feared nation on earth? Will the entire world see the United States as a rogue state headed by a crazy man?

Then what?

Then we'll stop.

• Banned
It was for show only, we don't need any of them.

And oh God I got sick of the MSM hyberbole of Iraq's army that we smashed in days.

Yeah the army was smashed in days. Why are we still there again? How many years has it been? Do you know there’s people in the military that weren’t born until after 911?

Wow, what an amazing and stunning success the Republicans led this country into.

Now they want to do it with Iran.

Since Iran is three times bigger than Iraq, will the US invasion be three times the disaster? Will it cost three times more? What is the goal again?

• Banned
The Iranian people are not Arabs. ... :cool:
That doesn't matter to rdean. In his mind there are only white devils and colored people.
Oh please. Colored people? I only know racists who say that.

Iran has like 80 million people and most of them are Shiite Muslim.

It’s like in this country there’s all those Christians. And they are black and brown and Asian and white.

But I noticed that republican right wing Christians are way different. They don’t believe in healthcare for children and helping the elderly and stuff like that. They just hate everybody not white.

Seems to me Iran is a little more unified.

I’d rather live here. But we have to be really careful around Republicans because they’re so violent and dangerous.

Read the things these Republicans say. It’s insanity. The same people believe we won in Iraq.

The Iranian people are not Arabs. ... :cool:
That doesn't matter to rdean. In his mind there are only white devils and colored people.
Oh please. Colored people? I only know racists who say that.

Iran has like 80 million people and most of them are Shiite Muslim.

It’s like in this country there’s all those Christians. And they are black and brown and Asian and white.

But I noticed that republican right wing Christians are way different. They don’t believe in healthcare for children and helping the elderly and stuff like that. They just hate everybody not white.

Seems to me Iran is a little more unified.

I’d rather live here. But we have to be really careful around Republicans because they’re so violent and dangerous.

In trying to wrap my head around what you just wrote and make sense of it I gave my self a headache

It is absolutely ridiculous to put one single military man or woman as risk of their lives taken, in to a war with iran, because of this bombing incident in the strait of two tankers, from other Nations, and where no one was injured and no tankers sank.

MY LORD, why are we even talking about such a move?

WAR, battles, skirmishes... kill people.... kills dads, and sons and brothers and sisters and moms and husbands or wives, of our fellow citizens.....

Warring for our troops should ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS be a necessary, last resort, very last option when our Nation is at a high risk.

Can the U.S. defeat an area the size of Alaska?

Can the U.S. defeat a nation of a mere 81 million?

Can the U.S. defeat a nation with a total economy of a mere 1.6 trillion?

Can the U.S. defeat a nation who has 20% of their population living in poverty?

Can the U.S. defeat a nation with 40% inflation?

Can the U.S. defeat a nation with 12% unemployment?

If we can't, we should be ashamed of ourselves.

The USA will never be the ones to attack Iran or draw first blood.

Well, maybe just organise a coup or two, perhaps a little regime change. Encourage your proxies to attack it. Nothing much. The odd airliner...

Well, maybe just organise a coup or two, perhaps a little regime change. Encourage your proxies to attack it. Nothing much. The odd airliner...
That is the whole problem. Any action which involves regime change is illegal under the UN. You can not put up a sniper and execute a country's leader. You cannot purposely bomb the location of the leader. You can if they are a terrorist organization but you can't if they are the leader of a country recognized by the UN. UN rules suck.

If a response is warranted it must be an all-out, nothing left alive, nothing left standing response.

Anything less is futile.
The problem would fix itself if we weren't restrained by UN rules restricting methods of regime change. We could arm their rebels and institute a coup but that would be against the UN rules to do so.

We can't go to war against Iran until there is no way to stop them without a war. Same thing with NK.

What I want is an end to all sanctions. Sanctions hurt the wrong people. Then if we have problems with ah qaeda or whatever and it leads back to Iran we execute Iran's leadership and tell the UN to go fuck itself.

Then what?
Why do you want war? Do you work for NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, or PBS?

Forum List

Back