Can someone show me ONE conservative ideal that has actually worked?

R

rdean

Someone started a thread titled: "Can someone show me ONE liberal ideal that has actually worked?"

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...eal-that-has-actually-worked.html#post2195133

People came up with endless ideas. Now the really odd part. Conservatives have tried to take credit for liberal ideas.

Examples:

Abolition

Women's right to vote

Social Security

Medicare

So I started thinking, "Where are the conservative ideas?" Beyond "let's cut taxes", what are they? We all know two areas where they are failures, "science and the economy".

And the ideas are:

First, please define the conservative ideology as either post or pre FDR, as conservatives today were classical liberals PRE-FDR.

Last edited:
Can someone show me ONE conservative ideal that has actually worked?

US_incarceration_timeline.gif

The Constitution is generally a clasically liberal document and has worked quite well once its conservative flaws were knocked out of it.

The constitution is a conservative document and it has worked out pretty damn well.

One poor example, from hundreds of years ago, which was considered "liberal" for it's time? Is that it?

Cause I couldn't think of any either.

First, please define the conservative ideology as either post or pre FDR, as conservatives today were classical liberals PRE-FDR.

Today's conservatives are today's conservatives.

Stop living in the past.

Someone started a thread titled: "Can someone show me ONE liberal ideal that has actually worked?"

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...eal-that-has-actually-worked.html#post2195133

People came up with endless ideas. Now the really odd part. Conservatives have tried to take credit for liberal ideas.

Examples:

Abolition

Women's right to vote

Social Security

Medicare

So I started thinking, "Where are the conservative ideas?" Beyond "let's cut taxes", what are they? We all know two areas where they are failures, "science and the economy".

And the ideas are:

Representative Democracy.

The Constitution is generally a clasically liberal document and has worked quite well once its conservative flaws were knocked out of it.

(cough - BULLSHIT - cough)

OK, steer (cause you are obviously sterile): you want the document when minorities and women could not vote; you want the document when slavery was constitutional; you want a reactionary la la land.

Go to, silly fellow, go to.

Can you show me ONE liberal that can have an original thought and not have to COPY a conservative?

Rule of Law is a conservative idea that has stood the test of time.

Contrast that with the volatile whims of monarchs, dictators, and other statist/mob/cult leader structures.

The constitution is a conservative document and it has worked out pretty damn well.
um.... no.

It was far from conservative. It spat in the face of all the conservatives (Tories) stood for.

All conservative ideas have worked when implemented.

Yea, TODAY it's conservative, but when it was written, it was wildly liberal.
It remains liberal, by definition, as it remains rooted in the liberal ideology, although it's taken on many Leftist elements.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back