Can someone HELP..

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
OK here's the problem....

I belong to two other sites, besides this one...
The problem is at time's when I click on a certain article, the site clicks off and I have to go back and reconnect with the site and start things all over..

It's happened to me here a few times, and at this moment, akiboys post about WHAT WOULD GEROGE BUSH DO!!!!!!!!!!! in the chat section is doing it to me right now... I clicked on it, and Usmb clicked off of the radar screen...... But his other post in reviews works fine for me....
It's happened to me on the other sites too, it's not like it's on a regular basis, but every now and then???
It's had me confused for awhile... But I guess I didn't want to ask anyone in case they thought I was NUTS......

Anyone else have this problem? Or am I just getting computer insanity...

Thanks..
I hope I explained it well enough for you all to understand....:beer:

What browser are you using? I use Internet Explorer and while it does freeze up once in a while, it's pretty rare. I've never had it just disappear off my screen.

I'm using Internet Explorer also.....

You might have a virus or a worm. Are you getting that pop up box that asks you if you want to send a report to Microsoft? Always click "don't send" on that, btw.

I picked up some virus or worm a few years ago and it got so that IE wouldn't stay open for more than a couple of minutes at a time. But I always got that box that asked if I wanted to send a report.

How long ago did this start? If you have Windows XP you should be able to use the "go back" feature. That's what I did. I went back about a month and it solved it.

I'm using Internet Explorer also.....
i ran this issue past my BIL who is here right now (and he's also a networking manager for 3 companies) and says to go to microsoft and download the updates for IE, then reboot your computer. That most likely will solve the problem because there have been some new updates released. Then set your computer to read for updates daily for windows. You may also want to defrag after downloading the updates before rebooting just so it helps speed things up.

my BIL says another thing you may want to do is download the free spyware killer called 'ad-aware SE' by Lavasoft. It is a great software to run every month to keep everything kosher on your hard-drive...

i love having a tech in the family-i don't have to pay for stuff to be fixed-i just buy him a case of beer! :tng:

I had a virus on my old computer that would close my browser if i hit a link that said virus, norton and a few other anti-virus programs. It would also close if I typed that in the browser. I couldn't even open Norton to get rid of it!

Thanks everyone for the help...

Fuzzy I'll give your advice a whirl...

I do have avast antivirus downloaded and I also have a thing called system mechanic 6, that cleans, repairs and will look for maleware, spyware and all that jazz...

I did notice in the last couple of weeks that avast showed a banner that it had caught a virus trying to come from, youtube? If I recall I think it was called Iborg or something like that..Then avast came on and told me no worries, that all I had to do was click on abort and I would be OK...

So I'm pretty sure it's not a virus...But then again I'm no computer scientist...

:thanks:

Forum List

Back