Can somebody please name just one thing, just one, that NK has done to anybody??

Um, turning a few dozen million men, women and children into destitute prisoners?

Shooting people who try to escape the country?

Torturing and killing a few hundred thousand people who spoke their mind?

Stuff like that, you mean?
Have you been to Africa lately? Just askin
Hey the topic is about North Korea. Keep up. And where in Africa are you talking about? In case you don't know Africa is not a country, it is a continent made up of many tiny warlike countries where black people put rings in there noses and live in mud huts. Other parts of Africa have A-rabs, and other parts have got them some white people. Now, what about the missile lil Kim lobbed over Japan?

Korean Leaders Call For ‘Complete Denuclearization’ Of The Peninsula, End Of Korean War
“The two leaders declare before our people of 80 million and the entire world there will be no more war on the Korean peninsula and a new age of peace has begun,” the declaration said.

Other than showing the world these half ass NUKE test, what harm exactly has this little yellow guy done?

WHEN THE MUSLIMS DECLARE PEACE.....THAN LETS TALK!!
I'm not sure what your point is, but this morning I was thinking, this is the bullshit we end up with when two major world powers stick their nose in a little bitty country's civil war. Ought to be illegal for any country to get involved in another country's business. We were terrified that communism was going to take over the world and China was jovially playing along with the North Koreans who wanted to go red.
Now 65 years later, instead of Korea being able to sort it out for themselves and end this damned thing, the US and China are the ones who will decide if peace happens for Koreans.
Sometimes the US makes me sick.
NK has artillery and nukes aimed at SK who is out gunned. Why do you want tyrants to be given free reign to threaten and attack innocent populations? What is the point of having alliances with other nations if we are just going to ignore their plees for help when they need it?

Why are you so fucking stupid?

Korean Leaders Call For ‘Complete Denuclearization’ Of The Peninsula, End Of Korean War
“The two leaders declare before our people of 80 million and the entire world there will be no more war on the Korean peninsula and a new age of peace has begun,” the declaration said.

Other than showing the world these half ass NUKE test, what harm exactly has this little yellow guy done?

This level of ignorance is irresponsible.

.....but those who are intelligent instead of mindless leftists can look at the stark contrast between the two countries and thank the U.S. for helping to bring prosperity to at least one of them.

That makes you sick, but it makes me along with my various Korean friends quite grateful.
I'm not talking about who has the best economic system. A democracy vs. a dictatorship is going to have a preordained outcome. A representative, fair government is always going to win in the long run. Sometimes it is just a very long run, at least from our perspectives. From the perspective of history, though, not so long at all.

Boy, do you ever talk out of both sides of your mouth. The U.S. helped bring that representative, fair government to South Korea yet you say you hate the United States for it.

Intelligent, fair minded people would curse China for propping up North Korea, instead. It's too bad your reflexive anti-Americanism does not allow you to be either fair or intelligent on the subject.
I am not "anti-American!" I didn't say I hate us; it makes me sick when we get in the imperialism business. I know we aren't the only one. But since you are a blind right winger who can't tell what anyone from left of you is actually saying, why am I bothering with this at all. For the others on this thread who have ears, I guess.

I'm not sure what your point is, but this morning I was thinking, this is the bullshit we end up with when two major world powers stick their nose in a little bitty country's civil war. Ought to be illegal for any country to get involved in another country's business. We were terrified that communism was going to take over the world and China was jovially playing along with the North Koreans who wanted to go red.
Now 65 years later, instead of Korea being able to sort it out for themselves and end this damned thing, the US and China are the ones who will decide if peace happens for Koreans.

Hmm...you do realize that Communism WOULD have taken over the world if it wasn't for constant U.S. intervention throughout the 60's - 80's??
1) Soviet Union would absolutely still exist.
2) They would have most likely controlled the VAST majority of world oil reserves.
3) China and the USSR would most likely have a strong relationship, with China likely controlling all of Asia including Japan.

You could go on.
The world would look entirely different if not for the USA.
You could be right. But communism collapsed of its own horrific idealized weight, didn't it? I'm not saying the US is the only one who stuck their noses in. Communism was what some folks wanted, bless their hearts. China and Russia had a bazillion peasants who were sick of living like slaves, anyway. No way it could have taken over in the West without a bunch of unhappy plebes. Which we were smart enough not to have.
I'm talking out my ass. Forgive me. I just hate all this sticking our noses in.

It did not, USSR collapsed because it could not keep up with America's militarily or economically. And it needed to do both in order to maintain it's world influence. If it didn't not have to A) keep up with America for influence and B) Not have to worry about a war with America, it would have certainly flourished.
If Russia/China got to do whatever they wanted without having to worry about the VERY big brother in the west...they would have long ago taken over the Middle East...including Afghanistan. They lost in Afghan because of several reasons, one of them being America supplying Afghan with weaponry and using it's influence to get Saudi Arabia and Pakistan to provide military aide as well. They would have strongarmed everyone else to control the entire Peninsula. Of that, there is no doubt.

People across the globe owe their existence to America having the worlds biggest stick...by far.
America's influence and protection are what gives most people across the globe their freedom and Democracies.
I can be proud of us at times. When we are in a situation like this, though, I am not feeling it.
And Mike says I'm a media fed puppet....

Hmm...you do realize that Communism WOULD have taken over the world if it wasn't for constant U.S. intervention throughout the 60's - 80's??
2) They would have most likely controlled the VAST majority of world oil reserves.
3) China and the USSR would most likely have a strong relationship, with China likely controlling all of Asia including Japan.

You could go on.
You could be right. But communism collapsed of its own horrific idealized weight, didn't it? I'm not saying the US is the only one who stuck their noses in. Communism was what some folks wanted, bless their hearts. China and Russia had a bazillion peasants who were sick of living like slaves, anyway. No way it could have taken over in the West without a bunch of unhappy plebes. Which we were smart enough not to have.

It did not, USSR collapsed because it could not keep up with America's militarily or economically. And it needed to do both in order to maintain it's world influence. If it didn't not have to A) keep up with America for influence and B) Not have to worry about a war with America, it would have certainly flourished.
If Russia/China got to do whatever they wanted without having to worry about the VERY big brother in the west...they would have long ago taken over the Middle East...including Afghanistan. They lost in Afghan because of several reasons, one of them being America supplying Afghan with weaponry and using it's influence to get Saudi Arabia and Pakistan to provide military aide as well. They would have strongarmed everyone else to control the entire Peninsula. Of that, there is no doubt.

People across the globe owe their existence to America having the worlds biggest stick...by far.
America's influence and protection are what gives most people across the globe their freedom and Democracies.
I can be proud of us at times. When we are in a situation like this, though, I am not feeling it.
North Korea hasn't just fucked with our allies, they have threatened the US with nuclear strikes on many occasions. What the fuck is this "imperialism" bullshit?

You could go on.
I agree on that....

But ALL of that which we did to keep the spread of communism, would have been done by the people the Right Wing call,

THE evil DEEP STATE! :eek:

:D

no?

Other then killing his Uncle and his own Brother?

I got nothin.

You could go on.

North Korea hasn't just fucked with our allies, they have threatened the US with nuclear strikes on many occasions. What the fuck is this "imperialism" bullshit?
------------------------------------------------- from what i heard the TRUMP will not allow the 'norks' to have nuke weapons . And if the TRUMP follows through with that thinking and policy than thats the end of it .

You could go on.

That's very true. WHY do they see us as a threat? Could it be because we are parked on their border with our finest military on the planet? We have been there since LONG before nuclear weapons were a twinkle in a dictator's eye. I'm glad we could help South Korea, but we didn't do it to be helpful OR to make them "free." We did it to keep a weak country as ally in Asia on the border of China where we really want to be hanging out.
Please.

You could go on.

That's very true. WHY do they see us as a threat? Could it be because we are parked on their border with our finest military on the planet? We have been there since LONG before nuclear weapons were a twinkle in a dictator's eye. I'm glad we could help South Korea, but we didn't do it to be helpful OR to make them "free." We did it to keep a weak country as ally in Asia on the border of China where we really want to be hanging out.
Please.

One of the greatest leaders of all time...Winston Churchill said "You cannot negotiate with a tiger, if your head is in it's mouth!"
Always be thankful that America is the world's Tiger. Our Navy alone can destroy whole countries, they are not just city destroyers...with full usage...they can turn an entire country into a fine powder. And not use a single nuclear weapon in the process.
Thank God it is America that has this might. And not someone else.

i think that we are still at War with the norks aren't we OldLady ??

I am not "anti-American!" I didn't say I hate us; it makes me sick when we get in the imperialism business. I know we aren't the only one. But since you are a blind right winger who can't tell what anyone from left of you is actually saying, why am I bothering with this at all. For the others on this thread who have ears, I guess.

I am not a right winger. I merely reject your anti-liberal, authoritarian leftist politics. Like most of your ilk, you do not stand FOR anything at all, least of which being a positive and liberal way of living. All you know is what you stand against, and so support that which also stands against.

There is a very clear distinction between North and South Korea. You toss out your usual stupid buzz phrases like "Imperialism" to decry the process that you hate, but is actually the very process that liberalized South Korea and lifted it into prosperity. meanwhile, you say nothing about the authoritarian process that has kept North Korea in the dark.

You are a double talking bull shit artist, and nothing more. You simply ditto all the de rigueur uber-left buzz terms, oblivious to the fact that what you hate like you do is actually the process of liberalization and emancipation. You can call it whatever you want in order to march in lock step with your equally stupid little comrades, but at the end of the day, any thinking individual would choose the system in South Korea over that of the North any day of the week..

What the fuck is this "imperialism" bullshit?

One thing you will find from radical leftists is that they talk via slogans and buzz phrases rather than actual issues and ideals. That way, they don't have to think, but merely adopt the agreed upon code.

Anything that supports the spread of liberal, western values they call "imperialism". Conversely, any form of extreme authoritarianism they defend, since they are authoritarians, themselves.

If you think of politics as having both a left/right axis and an authoritarian/libertarian one, these individuals are in the extreme upper left corner. Actual liberals are in the lower left quadrant and closer to the center.

You could go on.

Please.
...and why did we park our ships on their border?

And this is, hands down, the DUMBEST thread ever posted.

You, who are supposed to be all about equal treatment and human rights....makes a thread like this.

Good God
Uh, ever hear of a country called Africa? View attachment 190245

Never heard of a country called Africa. Usually its the white people who get called ignorant for saying something like that. You do know that NK is so repressive that their population cant even get outside news without risk of being imprisoned or shot right? you cant send photos out of that country without risk of being imprisoned, or shot. last I checked, countries within the continent of Africa still have freedoms NK people wish to god they could have. Anyway, your the one who started this thread about NK, now your deflecting to a country called Africa that doesnt exist.... good job

Please.
...and why did we park our ships on their border?
She hates the United States for helping to prevent South Korea from being just like north.

There is no reasoning with such people because you cannot reason a person out of a position when they never used any reason to establish it.

Her antipathy to western values blinds her.

Forum List

Back