Can Science Ever Prove One Way Or Another Whether Or Not People Are Born Gay?

I never killed the First Born of Egypt or killed millions in a flood

So, yes, I am
The Egyptians we're ruthless slave holders. They killed many of their slaves. God liberated the slaves How many slaves have you liberated?

You don't care about slavery?

I'm suppose to condemn those born differently than others? God condemns them even though he created them?

Yanno........................in my experience, it has been the people who claim to know God the best, that condemn other people the most (especially those who don't think or believe as they do).

As far as what I've been able to glean from religion, when I have to stand before God to answer for my life, the only 2 that are going to be at that meeting are myself and the Big Man, nobody else. So, anyone out there that is human can condemn me all they want to, because they aren't going to be the ones to reward/punish me for my life. Only God will, so as far as I'm concerned, anyone else's opinion as to how I live my life doesn't really mean squat to me, since they can neither reward me with Heaven or consign me to Hell.

Yanno........................in my experience, it has been the people who claim to know God the best, that condemn other people the most (especially those who don't think or believe as they do).

As far as what I've been able to glean from religion, when I have to stand before God to answer for my life, the only 2 that are going to be at that meeting are myself and the Big Man, nobody else. So, anyone out there that is human can condemn me all they want to, because they aren't going to be the ones to reward/punish me for my life. Only God will, so as far as I'm concerned, anyone else's opinion as to how I live my life doesn't really mean squat to me, since they can neither reward me with Heaven or consign me to Hell.

Absolutely. They seem to think God is weak and they have to condemn others for him. If someone is doing something counter to God's will, he is perfectly capable on his own to address that. He never put me in charge.

I know of many a church that have ran people off. I kinda doubt that is God's plan.

A 2 year old kid will make the same arguments when someone tells them touching a hot stove will hurt you very badly.

But you're right except for the fact that we're ALL part of this culture and you're way is destroying the culture.

The Egyptians we're ruthless slave holders. They killed many of their slaves. God liberated the slaves How many slaves have you liberated?

You don't care about slavery?
Were their babies ruthless slave holders?
Why didn’t God kill the slave holders instead of innocent babies?

If God opposed slavery, why didn’t slavery make it into the Ten Commandments after Moses freed the slaves?

Were their babies ruthless slave holders?
Why didn’t God kill the slave holders instead of innocent babies?

If God opposed slavery, why didn’t slavery make it into the Ten Commandments after Moses freed the slaves?
God doesn't oppose slavery. But not all slavery is the same, and He laid down rules as to how even slaves should be treated. But you're better than God, remember? Again, how many slaves have you freed?

Sounds like you don't have an answer either.
one of my youth buddies was gay, despite having 3 sisters and 2 parents engaging in an active sexlife with each other.
so at some point it hits the 'too much' mark, and i decide to stop being friends with him.
see him 20 years later, talking with his dad in front of the home where he grew up, in all leather outfit.
i could not hide the surprised look on my face ;)

God doesn't oppose slavery. But not all slavery is the same, and He laid down rules as to how even slaves should be treated. But you're better than God, remember? Again, how many slaves have you freed?

Yes, slavery is still slavery
The Bibles approval of slavery was used as justification for a thousand years

God had the ability to make a stand against Slavery and he took sides with the slave holders

one of my youth buddies was gay, despite having 3 sisters and 2 parents engaging in an active sexlife with each other.
so at some point it hits the 'too much' mark, and i decide to stop being friends with him.
see him 20 years later, talking with his dad in front of the home where he grew up, in all leather outfit.
i could not hide the surprised look on my face ;)

That still doesn't answer my question.

Yes, slavery is still slavery
The Bibles approval of slavery was used as justification for a thousand years

God had the ability to make a stand against Slavery and he took sides with the slave holders
God ALLOWED people in debt to sell their services to free themselves from debt.

The slavery of ancient Egypt was not something God condoned.

For the most part, God gives you the freedom and free will you want. This is the world rebellious people like you created.

You don't want God ruling on your lives so He gave you what you want. But now you bitch and moan that the god you REJECT doesn't intervene and save you from the decisions you made.

Experiments on our closest relatives ... the rats ... shows that these deviant behaviors can be induced with just overpopulation ... the opposite of homosexuality ...

Fucking like rabbits (Gen 9:1) is it's own end ...

1. EVERYBODY has hardships. Nobody is immune from them.
You can be gay, straight, black, white, christian, athiest, etc..... Nobody is ever immune from hardships.

2. Being "gay" is a choice. Being a homosexual is not. Yes Virginia, there IS a difference......if you want to get scientific about it.

3. If you do enough research on this, you will find that there are equal scientific "studies" done on both ends of the spectrum. Some "scientists" even proclaim they found the "gay gene". Which is a load of bullshit to me, as they have yet to produce any evidence.

For my belief.......until something else with proven, rock solid facts changes it...........I believe that your "preferences" are just a part of your biological makeup. Being homosexual is as about as "abnormal" as the color of skin you were born with, or the color eyes you were born with, or the color hair you got. Not everybody has blond hair, not everybody has green eyes, not everybody has "white" skin. Not all males are attracted to women, not all women are attracked to men.

Yeah, I know that sounds like there WOULD be a "gay gene", but if there were actually such a thing, there would be a DNA anomally they would have found by now. And they haven't found diddly squat.

So, if you want to consider this "the way one was born", then thats the way you need to think about it.

God ALLOWED people in debt to sell their services to free themselves from debt.

The slavery of ancient Egypt was not something God condoned.

For the most part, God gives you the freedom and free will you want. This is the world rebellious people like you created.

You don't want God ruling on your lives so He gave you what you want. But now you bitch and moan that the god you REJECT doesn't intervene and save you from the decisions you made.
He did?

Did that include whipping, rape of female slaves, working from dawn to dusk?

Actually, the percentage of people who are gay hasn't changed much over the ages. It's always been around 10 percent of the human population (give or take a percent or two)...
We can make that number virtually any number we want. If we define "gay" and anyone who's ever had any kind of sexual arousal of any kind from anyone of the same sex (including being goosed in PE class) then we can up the % gay to 98% or even higher. otoh, the Census Bur. has the % same sex wedded couples down around one percent of all married couples.

Baron Von Murderpaws being gay as acting upon your homosexuality that is?

Being "gay" is like being a democrat or republican. It's a choice you make.
"Gay" is a term that was twisted from the definition of "being happy", to "being a homosexual". But that's just American slang doing it's slimey best to pervert all words into sexual innuedo's.

Like all Christians aren't sadistic, lying, backstabbing perverts..........
Like all Athiests aren't anti-everything know-it-alls............
Like not all Democrats are evil, sadistic, tyrannical, money grubbing murderers..........

Not all "gays" are homosexuals.

Trying to think of a good analogy for you..............hmmmmm.............

How about this........

Homosexual is a state of being.
Gay is a state of chosen mentality.

It's difficult for most people to understand the difference, because they've been brainwashed with all the bullshit, fucktardery, lies, and coersion all their lives about this subject.

Another way to look at it.............

Homosexual is what's always been a part of you, even at conception.
Gay is your personal choice, or........what you have become from a product of your environment.

Not sure if I'm making any of this clearer or not.

Being "gay" is like being a democrat or republican. It's a choice you make.
"Gay" is a term that was twisted from the definition of "being happy", to "being a homosexual". But that's just American slang doing it's slimey best to pervert all words into sexual innuedo's.

Like all Christians aren't sadistic, lying, backstabbing perverts..........
Like all Athiests aren't anti-everything know-it-alls............
Like not all Democrats are evil, sadistic, tyrannical, money grubbing murderers..........

Not all "gays" are homosexuals.

Trying to think of a good analogy for you..............hmmmmm.............

How about this........

Homosexual is a state of being.
Gay is a state of chosen mentality.

It's difficult for most people to understand the difference, because they've been brainwashed with all the bullshit, fucktardery, lies, and coersion all their lives about this subject.

Another way to look at it.............

Homosexual is what's always been a part of you, even at conception.
Gay is your personal choice, or........what you have become from a product of your environment.

Not sure if I'm making any of this clearer or not.
:slap:

Baron Von Murderpaws Not really I'm afraid, but for the record you're one gay I actually respect because you hate the fact that it's become an agenda as much as the rest of us. That's my biggest issue right there as if they want to be treated as equals they should act like it instead of superior and special to straights.

A 2 year old kid will make the same arguments when someone tells them touching a hot stove will hurt you very badly.

But you're right except for the fact that we're ALL part of this culture and you're way is destroying the culture.

Exactly how is "my way" destroying the culture? Do you even know what my way is? And, please don't presume to know who I am, how I think, or how I act both in private and in public based on some posts that I put up on an anonymous message board.

And...............I stand by my original statement. Nobody who is human has the right to condemn me to hell for things I do, or have done, just as I have no right to condemn others. I don't know the situation they are reacting to, nor do I know why they reacted in that particular way, as I haven't lived their life.

I'm asking this question because atheists on here repeatedly use the excuse that since they don't believe in the Bible that they just jump to the conclusion that people are either born gay or straight especially since being gay has its hardships.

So far, I don't see any arguments in the world of science proving this one way or the other. Am I missing something? Btw, this isn't meant to be a gay bashing thread, so please don't make it one. Just looking for answers here to this ages old debate about a possible gay gene.
well, i dunno about true atheists, i'm in the middle on Religion (those Churches didn't get built due to fantasies, but how much political sway The Bible has in the real world these days, is debatable as well)..
but gays in general will fall into some categories : those born with the gay gene, those who learn to be gay in their pre-teen or puberty days, and those who become gay due to party interactions in their 20s or later years.

Forum List

Back