Can Science Ever Prove One Way Or Another Whether Or Not People Are Born Gay?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
Easter Island (USA)
I'm asking this question because atheists on here repeatedly use the excuse that since they don't believe in the Bible that they just jump to the conclusion that people are either born gay or straight especially since being gay has its hardships.

So far, I don't see any arguments in the world of science proving this one way or the other. Am I missing something? Btw, this isn't meant to be a gay bashing thread, so please don't make it one. Just looking for answers here to this ages old debate about a possible gay gene.

I'm asking this question because atheists on here repeatedly use the excuse that since they don't believe in the Bible that they just jump to the conclusion that people are either born gay or straight especially since being gay has its hardships.

I believe in the Bible and I believe science will progress to the point of understanding how all of this works.

So far, I don't see any arguments in the world of science proving this one way or the other. Am I missing something? Btw, this isn't meant to be a gay bashing thread, so please don't make it one. Just looking for answers here to this ages old debate about a possible gay gene.
It's interesting that when it comes to identical twins....if one is gay, there's a 40% chance the other is also....even if they are raised separately.

Yes, science has already proven that some people are born gay. Some of those are born intersexual.

They will prove it when and if they identify a gene that say 99.9% of gays have, and .01% of straights have.

Common sense tells me that gay are born gay. Assuming that gay guys' feelings toward men are as strong as my own feelings toward women, it isn't something that they choose.

I kid that Barbara Eden in IDOJ was who made me "decide" to become straight. But in reality, by aged nine, I didn't know what sex was, but if thought about a nude girl, sproingggg!

They will prove it when and if they identify a gene that say 99.9% of gays have, and .01% of straights have.

Common sense tells me that gay are born gay. Assuming that gay guys' feelings toward men are as strong as my own feelings toward women, it isn't something that they choose.

I kid that Barbara Eden in IDOJ was who made me "decide" to become straight. But in reality, by aged nine, I didn't know what sex was, but if thought about a nude girl, sproingggg!
I agree that people are likely born either straight or gay. I mean, I get why a girl might choose to be with other women. But I can’t wrap my head around why any guy would choose to be with another guy. It can’t be a matter of choice. No sense it makes that way.

The experts on Homosexuality say that they are born that way.

The only real experts are those who are Homosexual because they know what their sexual attractions are and when they felt them.

The overwhelming number say they always felt that way while almost none say it was a decision they made in later life

It’s a good question but also kind of sad if you think about it. Take yourself and the love and attraction you feel for men. Let’s say those feelings you had were not accepted by society. They were considered wrong and perverted and a sin. And there needs to be scientific proof to show that you naturally feel the way you feel otherwise the world would continue considering it a mental disorder. Just think about that for a little while. Because that’s exactly the situation that gay people have had to deal with every day of their lives.

And my question is… why? It seems like such a pointless thing to fight about. Let people be who they are and love who they want. It doesn’t hurt anybody.

My cousin is gay and she hid it for half of her life… even tried getting married to a man and having a kid. When I talk to her now she will tell me that she knew even as a child that she was different and as hard as she tried to be “normal” her natural feelings never went away. Why are we as a society trying to demonize her? She is an incredible person

She also loves Trump so I know you two would be friends :)

It’s a good question but also kind of sad if you think about it. Take yourself and the love and attraction you feel for men. Let’s say those feelings you had were not accepted by society. They were considered wrong and perverted and a sin. And there needs to be scientific proof to show that you naturally feel the way you feel otherwise the world would continue considering it a mental disorder. Just think about that for a little while. Because that’s exactly the situation that gay people have had to deal with every day of their lives.

And my question is… why? It seems like such a pointless thing to fight about. Let people be who they are and love who they want. It doesn’t hurt anybody.

My cousin is gay and she hid it for half of her life… even tried getting married to a man and having a kid. When I talk to her now she will tell me that she knew even as a child that she was different and as hard as she tried to be “normal” her natural feelings never went away. Why are we as a society trying to demonize her? She is an incredible person

I don't agree with bullying anybody, but I also didn't write the Bible. Again just asking a question because I'm curious about the body and what all goes inside of it. The brain specifically.

I don't agree with bullying anybody, but I also didn't write the Bible. Again just asking a question because I'm curious about the body and what all goes inside of it. The brain specifically.
Our society has more compassion than the Bible which tends to be intolerant

I can only speak on my own experience.
I have a gay nephew that pretty much everyone knew was going to be gay by 3 or 4 years old.
And sure enough, he is gay. And always was. Never had a girlfriend. He is 36 now.
Also... a boy of one of the fellas at the office... all of us knew the kid is gay except the dad.
It was very evident when he was in grade school.
Sure enough... he came out about a year ago. He is now a senior in high school.

Forum List

Back