Can one of you libs please explain something to me...

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
You guys are always saying the rich need to pay their fair share when it comes to taxes. Why?

Despite having multiple loopholes and tax shelters they are the ones paying the lions share of our nations bills while nearly half pay nothing. It seems to me that this argument has to sound silly to most people since so many pay nothing at all. And I'm not referring to state, local or sales tax.

So who isn't paying their share? I say the bottom half.

You guys are always saying the rich need to pay their fair share when it comes to taxes. Why?

Despite having multiple loopholes and tax shelters they are the ones paying the lions share of our nations bills while nearly half pay nothing. It seems to me that this argument has to sound silly to most people since so many pay nothing at all. And I'm not referring to state, local or sales tax.

The number of rich going off to war is near zero. They don't defend their own money. When you put money into a bank, you pay for them to keep that money safe. The rich have no right to just squeeze money from this country. Bank customers don't set the rate they pay, why should the rich?

Don't bother trying to argue because this is just common sense and for not being able to figure this out only proves you are about as smart as a walnut.

• Banned

The number of rich going off to war is near zero. They don't defend their own money. When you put money into a bank, you pay for them to keep that money safe. The rich have no right to just squeeze money from this country. Bank customers don't set the rate they pay, why should the rich?

Don't bother trying to argue because this is just common sense and for not being able to figure this out only proves you are about as smart as a walnut.

How can I argue with that? It had 0 to do with my tax question.

Idiot

the American economy.

Do they benifit the most and hold most of the money?

You are under the false assumption they("the rich") pay the lions share of the taxes.The truly rich hold nost of the wealth and most our tax dollars go to protecting their weath.

You are under the false assumption they("the rich") pay the lions share of the taxes.The truly rich hold nost of the wealth and most our tax dollars go to protecting their weath.

Do not the top 3% pay as much if not more than the other 97%?

when you own most of the shares you should pay most

Normally I ignore you but this begs the question....

"IF" we assume your premise is true then why do the bottom half pay no "shares" even though they have made "shares" ?

You missed my point. Those with the most DO pay the most while most with less don't just pay less, they pay nothing. How is that "fair" ?

It's really a question of how much is fair. Most people realize the rich guys oughta pay more than those less wealthy, which they do already. But the lib/dems want to spend more money on green programs and redistribute the wealth as much as possible , so they use the fairness issue to justify raising taxes.

From the conservative side, it makes no economic sense to raise anybody's taxes when the economy is in such bad shape, even Obama himself said so last december when he extended the Bush tax cuts. Now if things get going and the economy revives, you could begin to raise taxes IF you use it to pay down the debt rather than spend more. And I would insist the gov't reduce it's own waste and irresponsible spending as a precondition. They aren't spending the money they get now very wisely, I'll be damned if I'm going to support giving 'em more money until they change their ways.

Collectively, yes 'the rich' pay more; the concern lies with individual contribution as compared to the 'non rich'.

The perception is that the 'working class' (i am assuming you and I are each members) contribute more on an individual basis yet reap less benefits and do more of the dirty work.

I agree it does sound pretty ridiculous when people say the rich don't pay their fair share. For example, the top 1% pays about 28% of the total income tax, while making about 20% of the total income. To me, a fair share would be about 20%, if we assume a flat tax is the most fair. However, what's "fair" is not always what is best for the economy and the rich can afford to pay more. Therefore, I would frame it as "those who can afford to pay more." A progressive tax is asking for more than the fair share by definition.

Still the bottom half still pays payroll taxes and sales tax. And they do they pay a higher percentage of their income in these taxes than the rich do (because of caps on payroll taxes and becomes the middle class/poor don't have enough income to save money).

We don't tax "the rich," we tax income. Why do you bleeding hearts always want to personalize everything? You want to imagine there's some war on some elite class of people, instead of realizing all that's happening here is a calculation of what marginal rate is needed for each income bracket to pay the nation's bills. Unless you don't care about paying those bills, in which case who gives a shit?

Collectively, yes 'the rich' pay more; the concern lies with individual contribution as compared to the 'non rich'.

The perception is that the 'working class' (i am assuming you and I are each members) contribute more on an individual basis yet reap less benefits and do more of the dirty work.

Yea, I would love to have more tax breaks but if I get more breaks then someone else has to pick up the difference. Yet the bottom half pay nothing so I have to pick up their slack.

How is it "fair" to punish me with higher taxes because someone making less than me pays less or none at all? Is it my fault they didn't strive to be all they could?

We don't tax "the rich," we tax income. Why do you bleeding hearts always want to personalize everything? You want to imagine there's some war on some elite class of people, instead of realizing all that's happening here is a calculation of what marginal rate is needed for each income bracket to pay the nation's bills. Unless you don't care about paying those bills, in which case who gives a shit?

Lol, what?

Obama constantly says "the rich" should pay more. It's your class warfare not mine. I merely repeated the phrase constantly used by the left.

New Topics

Forum List

Back