Can incumbency overcome Obama's failed Presidency, to get reelected?

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic

While incumbency is a big advantage, it can not be the only thing, just
ask Jimmy Carter or Bush senior.

Historically, unemployment around 7.2 or higher will probably do him in, come election time.

Granted, the Left will do the usually "blame Bush"; but this falls stale upon the voter's
ears because they know it is not true.

People prefer to vote for "something" not against

What can Papa Obama offer?

Hope and Change ? Will not work, since at this point in time, people are full of Hope that
administrations will Change

It does appear, if things do not change, Papa Obama is done

Of course, their is the "luck" factor
and sometimes a day can be a "lifetime in politics"

Last edited:
I sure hope not, but never forget that the masses are asses...

Hope & change? I HOPE that I still have a little spare change left when Barry is through wrecking us...

Hope & change? I HOPE that I still have a little spare change left when Barry is through wrecking us...

Yes

but who better than the state to know how to spend that money

Even now, we see Papa Obama had to reign in EPA from regulating
the economy even more to death

The voter will have to think about
imagine what a 2nd term would mean, since he would have nothing to
hold him back and it will be his last chance to impose his "vision"
on the US

Since his speech will really be a campaign
speech, we shall see how much hope and change
is left
:eusa_angel:

Historically, unemployment around 7.2 or higher will probably do him in, come election time.

Granted, the Left will do the usually "blame Bush"; but this falls stale upon the voter's

Hope and Change ? Will not work, since at this point in time, people are full of Hope that

Only nine incumbant presidents have ever been voted out of office, but nearly all of them had economic problems.

I think Obama can win under the following circumstances -

1) The economy appears to make some recovery.
2) The REpublicans nominate someone who is unelectable.

Right now, I think the only person the GOP has who is electable is Rick Perry, and that assumes that there isn't some horrible thing that we don't know about the guy yet.

Only nine incumbant presidents have ever been voted out of office, but nearly all of them had economic problems.

Right now, I think the only person the GOP has who is electable is Rick Perry, and that assumes that there isn't some horrible thing that we don't know about the guy yet.

Histrionically, they say unemployment should be 7.2 or lower

That's spot on, although I'm not sure that Rick Perry can win some of the heartland states he's going to need to take without some changes in his political persona.

There is enough time left for many strange things to happen, and as long as the media are on his side, I make no predictions....

Since the pseudo-conned have been claiming the Obama Presidency a failure from before it started, your viewpoint is hardly suprising.

When a man goes into the voting booth he opens his wallet and looks. If there is more money in there than the last time he voted the incumbent gets his vote. If there is less he votes for change.

I am not sure where I heard that.

Let's be honest here.Most of the people who voted for Obama have no idea what's going on.Most of them have no idea who the VP is.,have no idea what the bush tax cuts ere all about,what the stimulus was supposed to do.

All they know is what the liberal controlled media tell them.Bush and the republicans are bad and Obama is Great.White people don't like Obama because he is black.

Obama gets the same voters back again...

Let's be honest here.Most of the people who voted for Obama have no idea what's going on.Most of them have no idea who the VP is.,have no idea what the bush tax cuts ere all about,what the stimulus was supposed to do.

All they know is what the liberal controlled media tell them.Bush and the republicans are bad and Obama is Great.White people don't like Obama because he is black.

Obama gets the same voters back again...[/QUOTE]

Don't think he'll get the Independents and polls show he has lost the "women" vote. There is time for much change, positive and negative.

I agree with most except
more white people voted for him than not

it is not the colour of his skin but his politics

Sadly the leech class that falls for the promises of free shit will make it difficult to defeat him. I half expect the seiu to start giving out crack rocks for votes. Just imagine the votes that would generate.

I agree with most except
more white people voted for him than not

it is not the colour of his skin but his politics

Hate to correct you, but that's not exactly true. Obama did not carry the White Vote. He did well- He got 43% of it, which is better than Kerry or Gore did. He got 43% of the White vote and McCain got 55%.

What put him over the top were blacks (95-5) Hispanics (61-39) and Asians (56-44).

I think Obama will have a much harder time of it this time because the economy is so bad. But we'll see. It really depends who the GOP puts up and how he does.

I think Obama will have a much harder time of it this time because the economy is so bad. But we'll see. It really depends who the GOP puts up and how he does.

I agree that it's going to be close. In addition to the factors that you mention, the state of the economy, or perhaps more accurately people's perception of the state of the economy, in autumn 2012 is going to be a crucial or even deciding factor.

Forum List

Back