Can I vote without a voter registration card?

Avalon1

Rookie
Jul 26, 2018
I registered to vote a month ago and I received a confirmation letter in the mail a week later saying that I was registered, I didn't keep the letter though. So it's been a little over a month and I still haven't received my voter registration card, it must have gotten lost in the mail or something. I called my county voter office but they gave me the runaround and didn't seem interested in sending me a replacement, they just said that I can vote without a voter registration card. Is that true? Can I vote without a voter registration card?

I just have my ID and I have no idea what my voter registration number is, the state's online voter registration lookup literally doesn't say what my voter number is. The state that I live in is Missouri.

I registered to vote a month ago and I received a confirmation letter in the mail a week later saying that I was registered, I didn't keep the letter though. So it's been a little over a month and I still haven't received my voter registration card, it must have gotten lost in the mail or something. I called my county voter office but they gave me the runaround and didn't seem interested in sending me a replacement, they just said that I can vote without a voter registration card. Is that true? Can I vote without a voter registration card?

I just have my ID and I have no idea what my voter registration number is, the state's online voter registration lookup literally doesn't say what my voter number is. The state that I live in is Missouri.

In our state once you have registered your name will be put on a list. When you go to vote they will check your ID and find your name and address on the list, so, you don't need your registration card, you just need your ID. Then they put a line through your name to show that you have voted.

Usually you just sign when you vote

Just speak Spanish.

Usually you just sign when you vote
In Alabama you are required to have a pix ID. Court rules legal.

The ID is not a problem since I already have that, I was inquiring about having the voter registration card.

I have not had a registration card for voting in all my life as a voter.

They look you up in the voter registration list at the polls. It is just quicker to have your card with you.

Call the state voter fraud dept. Got mine in days.

In 50 years of voting I have yet to show ID.

You may be provisionally voting and it may not count, but it is completely your choice.
A provisional ballot is marked as such. Mine is not marked as provisional.

Things are changing.

I've voted absentee at the county courthouse for years, just told them who I was, where I lived etc...usually just took my voter registration card...and they handed me a ballot.

This year I needed a picture ID and I had to sign a sworn affidavit that I would not be available to vote on election day.

Okay so I voted today and it wasn't a big deal at all, they checked me in very quickly and I had to give a signature. My mom somehow lost her voter registration card so I didn't quite feel so bad for not having mine lol!

Forum List

Back