Can Governors legally ban religious services?

No constitutional question in this at all.

There IS NO constitution.

Hasn't been since day one of Regime Obama when the little shit shredded and smoked it for the hemp content of the paper.

Get over it.

Are some states violating people's 1st amendment rights?

Freedom of Religion

View attachment 340717

They are if any thing other than EMS, fire fighters, police, or free food banks, are open for business.

If this is a real pandemic then close everything until the emergency is over.

*****SMILE*****

:)

I don't think essential services have ever been closed during an epidemic - people must have a way to get food, medicine, money.

View attachment 340723

We've never had the government telling people to close down and stay at home during a epidemic either.

I allowed EMS and the free food banks to remain open.

Why do you need money? WalMart won't be open unless they want to start handing out free food in the parking lot.

*****SMILE*****

Yes the govt. has told people to wear masks and stay at home and there are instances when travelers have entered into a quarantine zone to be forced into quarantine in US history. This is not a new occurence to humans and the world.

View attachment 340728

If you want martial law in a district because of a "pandemic" then lock it down totally.

"Essential Services Only"

I provided the essentials by leaving EMS, police, fire fighters, and free food banks.

Stay home because nothing else is open except perhaps energy, water, and sewage, providers and they're brown bagging and only on the job if absolutely necessary.

Retail stores are unessential. Ran out of liquor? Want to shop for a new dress? Don't like the can of beans the free food bank gave you?

Well that's too damn bad you're in lock down!

*****SMILE*****

The little town I live by never shut down, the restaurants didn't close..Every damn thing was open for business. The campgrounds let people stay for free and the state stopped checking for fishing license so it was gratis....What is yer obsession with stay at home orders to protect people? I managed to do several jobs during the period and shook hands with people, I use no masks ever. Why are you trying to over dramatize this period in time?

View attachment 340745

Then leave the churches decide whether they want to open or not.

Otherwise lock it all down!

*****CHUCKLE*****

Run for office, change rules, don't tell me

Freedom of Religion

View attachment 340717

They are if any thing other than EMS, fire fighters, police, or free food banks, are open for business.

*****SMILE*****

I don't think essential services have ever been closed during an epidemic - people must have a way to get food, medicine, money.

View attachment 340723

We've never had the government telling people to close down and stay at home during a epidemic either.

Why do you need money? WalMart won't be open unless they want to start handing out free food in the parking lot.

*****SMILE*****

Yes, we actually have - during the 1918 flue epidemic. If only free food banks were allowed to be open and not grocery stores - they would be swamped and emptied in days. They aren't equip to handle the entire public and the entire public doesn't need their charity.

View attachment 340741

Then I suppose the grocery stores can donate what they have to the food banks to feed the public or have it confiscated by the government to do so.

*****SMILE*****

I think that's a recipe for riots.

1590434764992.png

There's already protests and civil disobedience in states and cities where lock downs are being extended on only certain businesses and organizations for forever and day.

What difference does it make?

Let those governors and mayors in those locked down states call out the national guard and police and have someone shot in the name of their tyranny and see what happens.

*****FLAMING CHUCKLE*****

:FIREdevil:

Attachments

• 1590425131463.png
    1590425131463.png
    17 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Freedom of Religion

View attachment 340717

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 340723

*****SMILE*****

Yes the govt. has told people to wear masks and stay at home and there are instances when travelers have entered into a quarantine zone to be forced into quarantine in US history. This is not a new occurence to humans and the world.

View attachment 340728

If you want martial law in a district because of a "pandemic" then lock it down totally.

"Essential Services Only"

I provided the essentials by leaving EMS, police, fire fighters, and free food banks.

Stay home because nothing else is open except perhaps energy, water, and sewage, providers and they're brown bagging and only on the job if absolutely necessary.

Retail stores are unessential. Ran out of liquor? Want to shop for a new dress? Don't like the can of beans the free food bank gave you?

Well that's too damn bad you're in lock down!

*****SMILE*****

The little town I live by never shut down, the restaurants didn't close..Every damn thing was open for business. The campgrounds let people stay for free and the state stopped checking for fishing license so it was gratis....What is yer obsession with stay at home orders to protect people? I managed to do several jobs during the period and shook hands with people, I use no masks ever. Why are you trying to over dramatize this period in time?

View attachment 340745

Then leave the churches decide whether they want to open or not.

Otherwise lock it all down!

*****CHUCKLE*****

Run for office, change rules, don't tell me

1590425363587.png

You're the one that wanted to argue about what could and couldn't be open.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Freedom of Religion

View attachment 340717

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 340723

*****SMILE*****

Yes, we actually have - during the 1918 flue epidemic. If only free food banks were allowed to be open and not grocery stores - they would be swamped and emptied in days. They aren't equip to handle the entire public and the entire public doesn't need their charity.

View attachment 340741

Then I suppose the grocery stores can donate what they have to the food banks to feed the public or have it confiscated by the government to do so.

*****SMILE*****

I think that's a recipe for riots.

View attachment 340746

There's already protests and civil disobedience in states and cities where lock downs are being extended on only certain businesses and organizations for forever and day.

What difference does it make?

Let those governors and mayors in those locked down states call out the national guard and police and have someone shot in the name of their tyranny and see what happens.

You can agree or disagree with the restrictions, but they aren't being singled out for their religion. They're being asked to follow the same restrictions as people who want to go to a bar, and get drunk.
They were singled out and were to remain closed...and they have tighter restrictions in a cap on how many may be inside despite fact distancing would allow more

These restrictions apply to all religions so how has anyone been singled out? Is one religion entitled to special rights?

Freedom of Religion

I don't think it has anything do do with Freedom of Religion... More about being able to peacefully assemble. I'm... Pretty sure that if those people who were arrested for gathering in groups decided to sue they would win. Thing is they are arresting poor people, and like it has been for quite some time, the media isn't doing it's job.

Freedom of Religion

Religious services are not banned. Gathering people together in an unsafe manner contrary to public health and safety standards.

Churches are holding services online, outdoors and in drive-in theatres.

Jesus NEVER preached in a church. He always preached outdoors.

This idea that rights are being violated by restricting gatherings which help the virus spread tells me Americans have a warped idea of what “freedom” really means.

The failings and shortcomings of generations of Republican economic and social engineering have produced a weak, sickly nation, unable to properly protect or ensure health care and safety for all.

Democrats aren’t out to destroy America. They’ve patched up the economy twice after Republicans crashed it. I don’t think it’s coming back this time. Trump has done way too much damage.

Trump did promise that he would run the country the same way he runs his company and that’s exactly what he’s done. Trump has left a trail of bankrupt investors, dissatisfied customers and bad debts in his wake. American banks won’t lend to him.

Keep believing Republicans. It’s really working well for you.

These restrictions apply to all religions so how has anyone been singled out? Is one religion entitled to special rights?
[/QU
So what you're saying is that you're singling out all religions and those who believe in the name of your pandemic tyranny?

This obviously is NOT what I said. The US Supreme Court has held that religious people are subject to laws (laws of "general applicability") that apply to everyone. You cannot claim that your religious affiliation excuses you from obeying speed limits, for example, even if you are speeding because you are late for a religious meeting.

Do tell what "tyranny" is going on.

This obviously is NOT what I said. The US Supreme Court has held that religious people are subject to laws (laws of "general applicability") that apply to everyone. You cannot claim that your religious affiliation excuses you from obeying speed limits, for example, even if you are speeding because you are late for a religious meeting.

Do tell what "tyranny" is going on.
1590430667244.png

If they apply to everyone then you'll have no problem closing down everything except EMS, police, fire fighting, and free food banks.

Those are the only essential services that should be available if this is really that big of deal.

No parks, no beaches, no WalMart, no whatever, until the pandemic is over,... STAY AT HOME!!!... because everybody's going to die because they don't know what to do unless the government tells them what to do!!!

*****CHUCKLE*****

Last edited:

Forum List

Back