Can God make things never happened?

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
The Book of Revelations and a few other books too, including the Gospels, hint, and even declare, that God will "wipe away the tears of the Saints". Plus that there will be a new Earth. Plus that lions will sit down with lambs in harmony.

Can God do these? And how can we imagine this happen?

My theory is that since physics seems to show that time itself can be looked at as just a bunch of frames that are only different configurations of the world, God can add or remove a few of these configuration. Without knowing that there was a possibility for something to happen, we can't experience its effects, even if that possibility is removed after it happened.

Your take? How will God do these? Or is the whole premise of those Books different and there is no such thing?

The Book of Revelations and a few other books too, including the Gospels, hint, and even declare, that God will "wipe away the tears of the Saints". Plus that there will be a new Earth. Plus that lions will sit down with lambs in harmony.

My theory is that since physics seems to show that time itself can be looked at as just a bunch of frames that are only different configurations of the world, God can add or remove a few of these configuration. Without knowing that there was a possibility for something to happen, we can't experience its effects, even if that possibility is removed after it happened.

Your take? How will God do these? Or is the whole premise of those Books different and there is no such thing?

Not any stranger than the concept of heaven.

Can God make a weight He can't lift?

Man has not the frame of logic or language to deal with God and His Nature.

The concept of heaven is interesting. It may be a place of rest. It could be argued that the number of things that need to be in balance to lead to that rest is not countable.

Can God make a weight He can't lift?

Man has not the frame of logic or language to deal with God and His Nature.
Yes, human mental polarity is a problem, but if we lift that, then have we done away with all logic? Including God deleting time frames?
We don't have the logic or the language to talk about it in a manner that is worthwhile. All we can do is acknowledge the unscalable cliff.

Yes, God can wipe away every tear. We will no longer remember the former things for they will have passed away and therein there will be no more remembrance of such things as would make us grieve - perhaps some unspeakable horror suffered while on earth. God will wipe away every tear.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Revelation 21:4

Won't it be a lovely sight to see the lion lay down with the lamb? The natural realm will reflect the spiritual realm (perfection) - even as it does now here on earth (sin & death), it is even a reflection of Jesus Christ the Lion of Judah and his lambs which are his bride. Perhaps even a depiction of the Shulamite and her beloved! (Song of Songs)
_____
Remember the story of King David and Nathan? Nathan the prophet tells David the following story. What did the lamb represent? The wife of Uriah. The prophet of God used a lamb to depict someone's wife. Look:

12 And the Lord sent Nathan unto David. And he came unto him, and said unto him, There were two men in one city; the one rich, and the other poor.

2 The rich man had exceeding many flocks and herds:

3 But the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter.

4 And there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own flock and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto him; but took the poor man's lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him.

5 And David's anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, As the Lord liveth, the man that hath done this thing shall surely die:

6 And he shall restore the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity.

7 And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;

8 And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.

9 Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the Lord, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon.
_________
The lion and the lamb shall indeed lay down together - this is a picture of perfect rest. There is no question but that we shall see lions and lambs laying at rest with one another but the same shall be the case for Jesus Christ and His Bride. We shall be at perfect rest. No spiritual warfare. No violence, wickedness or unholy thing shall be there.

Last edited:

First, you should bear in mind that the books Revelation and Hebrews are contested and probably NOT authentic. There was a lot of controversy about them at the Council Of Nicaea in 325 AD when the Bible was being assembled.

Second, God is not your faerie godmother and cannot do magic. Whatever has happened has happened.

Third, we live in a continuous present. There is no such thing as past or future just the present. There is no such thing as time.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it for a while.

:D

The concept of heaven is interesting. It may be a place of rest. It could be argued that the number of things that need to be in balance to lead to that rest is not countable.
I am sure there is plenty of work to do in Heaven.

The idea that it is a place of rest was created in the Middle Ages when people worked like slaves for virtually nothing except a meager roof over their heads and rags to wear, plus porridge to eat.

A thousand one...a thousand two....etc...etc

The idea that it is a place of rest was created in the Middle Ages when people worked like slaves for virtually nothing except a meager roof over their heads and rags to wear, plus porridge to eat.

Porridge... YUK!

You mean like the time you droped your cell phone in the toilet and had to fish it out with your bare hands?
THAT event will not be erased, but your memory of it can have pieces erased. Like I described many times with brain mapping and storage technology as part of 1 of the 3 methods of resurrection, eternity would be painfullly tedious if not for the ability to control perceptions of time and memory of monotonous procedures.
In the case of erasing painful events from the memory this is mostly reserved for those who suffer traumatic events through them, (like people who can't function normal because of the trauma), so it's not gonna be a common procedure.

You mean like the time you droped your cell phone in the toilet and had to fish it out with your bare hands?
THAT event will not be erased, but your memory of it can have pieces erased. Like I described many times with brain mapping and storage technology as part of 1 of the 3 methods of resurrection, eternity would be painfullly tedious if not for the ability to control perceptions of time and memory of monotonous procedures.
In the case of erasing painful events from the memory this is mostly reserved for those who suffer traumatic events through them, (like people who can't function normal because of the trauma), so it's not gonna be a common procedure.
You seem to assume a going back to the previous environment. The Books contradict that.

Then it is the same today as in the Middle Ages or worse, if you run out of credit or welfare.

We will no longer remember the former things for they will have passed away

In my understanding of occult theology we will ultimately remember everything in perfect detail. We are the sum of our experiences, and to take away memory permanently would make us need to experience life all over again in order to know ourselves. I believe we reincarnate hundreds, if not thousands of times in a cycle of spiritual evolution through which our soul grows. One of the reasons we reincarnate in the physical world is that we cannot remember past life experiences, and that may be a mercy in the short term. But in the end we achieve a state of grace when we no longer need incarnation, and have settled all the karma of past lives. At that time we remember every detail of all our lives as all memory is stored in the soul. The soul has a formless body of light that is infinitely expandable and can contain limitless memories, unlike the brain which can only remember from birth and has a limited capacity. According to Frank J. Tipler in his book, ' The physics of immortality' if we lived in the physical body for eternity we would not be able to remember anything after the first thousand years, because all our memory cells of the brain would be used up. So bang goes your theological paradise.

God's love and grace can heal things where there is no sign they ever existed.
That doesn't mean it never happened.

But when ppl report they can walk or see again after being debilitated for life, it's like they never were in the first place. Medically their records show otherwise but their physical bodies may not show any signs of previous conditions.

God's love and grace can heal things where there is no sign they ever existed.
That doesn't mean it never happened.

But when ppl report they can walk or see again after being debilitated for life, it's like they never were in the first place. Medically their records show otherwise but their physical bodies may not show any signs of previous conditions.
This is interesting, and this also may mean I think that everyone may have experienced the most hellish conditions in the past with various likelihoods, but can't remember it. Or maybe true to the future too.

Forum List

Back