Can Cops Get A Fair Trial In America?

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
How come this old N is still here, he should retire like Charles Rangel...

CAN COPS GET A FAIR TRIAL IN AMERICA?
Al Sharpton's cop-bashing circus is back in full swing.
May 15, 2017

Michelle Malkin
poice.jpg

Sharpton's "prayer vigil" isn't about expressing faith in God. It's about stoking the fires of identity politics at the altar of social justice. Sharpton's no man of peace. He's the fetid pile of human manure who ruined New York prosecutor Steven Pagones' life with the incendiary Tawana Brawley rape hoax. He stoked anti-Semitic hatred in Crown Heights after a tragic car accident — leading to the frenzied mob murder of rabbinical student Yankel Rosenbaum. He has inveighed against "crackers" and cracked jokes about "offing the pigs."

Also headlining the self-serving service in Tulsa this week: Sharpton's rabble-rousing heir and fellow race fabulist, Benjamin Crump. He's the Florida-based celebrity lawyer for the Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown families who gained international notoriety perpetuating the "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" lie. Crump first parachuted into town last fall to snatch up the Crutcher family as new clients and to instigate protests outside Tulsa police headquarters demanding Officer Shelby's scalp.

Nearly 200 marchers wielded "Black Lives Matter" signs and screamed "Fire Betty!" before a police investigation was complete. Others waved "white silence is violence" posters or a photo of a police badge labeled "License to Kill." One protester took to the microphone to declare that "a good white man is a dead white man."

"There is a First Amendment right of free speech. There also is a First Amendment right to petition the government for a redress of grievances. But for outsiders at a criminal trial, there is no First Amendment right to petition the jury and browbeat it into delivering one's preferred verdict," the lawyers from opposite sides of the political aisle argued.

If real justice surrenders to social justice in the courtroom, we all lose.

:lol:

This might be the most unintentionally hilarious headline of all time. I don't believe that even Malkin could have typed that with a straight face.

On the other hand, I have no doubt that you felt no irony when you cut-and-pasted the story, because you're a mindless drone.

No cop has ever had a "fair" trial in America. The deck is always stacked in their favor.

Most cops never go to trial. They use the magic "Get out of jail free" phrase "I was in fear for my life" and it all goes away.

I think that because of the way our legal system and society is run, cops get more than their fair treatment.

I believe that a great first step to combat this obvious societal problem would be to institute mandatory minimum sentences on police officers who commit perjury while under oath during any criminal trial. And those mandatory sentences should be equal to the maximum that the defendant was in jeopardy of receiving.

How many of you think that lead detective Mark Fuhrner would have committed perjury under oath on the stand in OJ's murder trial if he knew he was facing the death penalty for lying rather than a small fine? Personally I think he would have told the truth.

I think that because of the way our legal system and society is run, cops get more than their fair treatment.

I believe that a great first step to combat this obvious societal problem would be to institute mandatory minimum sentences on police officers who commit perjury while under oath during any criminal trial. And those mandatory sentences should be equal to the maximum that the defendant was in jeopardy of receiving.

How many of you think that lead detective Mark Fuhrner would have committed perjury under oath on the stand in OJ's murder trial if he knew he was facing the death penalty for lying rather than a small fine? Personally I think he would have told the truth.
Death penalty for lying, you are as deranged as the left, how about hate crime for killing a cop, then we can execute them twice...

Death penalty for lying, you are as deranged as the left, how about hate crime for killing a cop, then we can execute them twice...
No, not a death penalty for simply telling a lie. A death penalty for lying under oath at the murder trial in which the defendant was in jeopardy of capital punishment.

Personally, I think perjury by police officers would drop dramatically. Practically eliminated.

I also think that voter fraud should be punishable by the death penalty.

Why not a death penalty for lying if the case is a death penalty one?

The scenario described is one where the cop is essentially trying to get someone convicted by lying under oath. You beat your chest and wonder if we can see the cops get a fair trial, what about the fair trial for the ones the cop is lying to convict?

LAPD officer found guilty of perjury in drug case

The police officers lied, and because of those lies a man may have gone to jail for a decade, or two. They faced no such severe punishment for their lies.

What is the problem with expecting the police to tell the truth, and having a sliding scale on the punishment they face for lying? The more severe the charges are based upon those lies, the more severe the punishment should be for telling those lies. If the cop doesn't want to go to prison for years, then it is very simple. Tell the fucking truth.

But I want to thank you. It has been one of my contentions that even the most rabid police supporters believe the cops are committing crimes like perjury and planting evidence. Those supporters believe that the cop lying is a good thing, because it gets the "guilty" off the street. It doesn't matter if some innocent go to prison, they were probably guilty of something. Besides, the cops are the only defense we have.

By making the argument you have, you have confirmed the truth of my contention, granted only in your case. You know the cops are lying, and don't want them punished for it. You know the police are corrupt, but you figure that it's ok, for whatever reason you want to give yourself. Perhaps it is because most of the victims of their lies are black. Perhaps it is because it isn't you who is in jeopardy of losing your freedom, and life.

It doesn't matter your justification in your own mind. You know the police are lying, and you want to insure they are not held accountable for it.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

The scenario described is one where the cop is essentially trying to get someone convicted by lying under oath. You beat your chest and wonder if we can see the cops get a fair trial, what about the fair trial for the ones the cop is lying to convict?

The police officers lied, and because of those lies a man may have gone to jail for a decade, or two. They faced no such severe punishment for their lies.

What is the problem with expecting the police to tell the truth, and having a sliding scale on the punishment they face for lying? The more severe the charges are based upon those lies, the more severe the punishment should be for telling those lies. If the cop doesn't want to go to prison for years, then it is very simple. Tell the fucking truth.

But I want to thank you. It has been one of my contentions that even the most rabid police supporters believe the cops are committing crimes like perjury and planting evidence. Those supporters believe that the cop lying is a good thing, because it gets the "guilty" off the street. It doesn't matter if some innocent go to prison, they were probably guilty of something. Besides, the cops are the only defense we have.

By making the argument you have, you have confirmed the truth of my contention, granted only in your case. You know the cops are lying, and don't want them punished for it. You know the police are corrupt, but you figure that it's ok, for whatever reason you want to give yourself. Perhaps it is because most of the victims of their lies are black. Perhaps it is because it isn't you who is in jeopardy of losing your freedom, and life.

It doesn't matter your justification in your own mind. You know the police are lying, and you want to insure they are not held accountable for it.
Good for a bump and ---> :blahblah:so so full of sh*t you can take yo blm and stick it up your wazoo mOOHamMud...

Good for a bump and ---> :blahblah:so so full of sh*t you can take yo blm and stick it up your wazoo mOOHamMud...

Explain the difference then. In scenario one I try to kill you by aiming a rifle at you and pulling the trigger. In scenario two I frame you for kidnapping and murder. In which scenario are you the most dead?

Better yet. What is worse? Someone stealing $500 from you. I know. You are a CIA trained wet work assassin who has killed people on every continent. What ever. For the purpose of this discussion let's pretend it is possible for someone to steal your wallet. Or someone planting drugs on you so you go to jail for years?

I could go on and on. So which is worse?

A moment away from years in prison. Or a life taken. All by the cops you beat your chest and cry can't get a fair trial.

Cop perjury is common. Yet the cops rarely suffer. Sometimes it is so outrageous that even the Judge gets angry about it.

:clap2:
When a cop tells you to stop and you keep walking to your car and reach for something your going to get your head blown off...

THE FAILED OBAMA LYNCHING OF OFFICER BETTY SHELBY
May 18, 2017

Daniel Greenfield
shelby.jpg

The Obama BLM lynch mob doesn't keep coming up with much once they get in front of a jury. The lynch mob insisted on dragging Officer Betty Shelby in front of a jury for shooting Terrence Crutcher, a thug on PCP who was reported firing a gun.

And the jury, four of whose members were African-American, did its job. And justice prevailed.

Of course the media is in mourning. The mayor has announced that the jury's verdict changes nothing. (Who cares about the truth anyway.) But once again the police lynch mob has failed to get their case past a jury.

The Failed Obama Lynching of Officer Betty Shelby

Don't like it, go burn down your side of town like always... :blowup:

New Topics

Forum List

Back