Can anyone help with this question about "ISIS?"

Anonymous1977

(NOT AFFILIATED WITH GROUP CALLED, "ANONYMOUS")
Nov 7, 2014
האי שלי
Hi,

I hope that you are doing fine today. I am doing fine.

I was wondering this about "ISIS," if they really are what the American media claims that they are, why hasn't the whole world risen up and attacked them yet?

Can anyone help with this?

Peace...Anonymous1977

More than 60 countries, most of them Muslim, have joined Obama's coalition to fight ISIS. Most recently, Jordan finally joined the fight. More than 80% of the air strikes against ISIS have been at Obama's orders.

Hi,

I was wondering this about "ISIS," if they really are what the American media claims that they are, why hasn't the whole world risen up and attacked them yet?

Peace...Anonymous1977

ISIS is simply the latest tool in a never-ending progression of tools corporations use to justify wars which make them money. Because private businesses supply everything militaries use, if we never had wars, these businesses wouldn't make any money. Yet to justify wars, when most everyone would say war and death is a bad thing, you need to scare people into believing something or someone's SO bad that war is the only response.

Thus there's always going to be some country, group, or individual SO bad that violence is the only way to resolve the issue. Before the BIG problem was ISIS, it was al-Qaeda. Before terrorism was the global threat it was Communism. On n on, never ending scapegoating and deception by the powers that be.

After ISIS is no longer scaring people suffienctly, some new group will take their place and this process will continue.

Hi,

Peace...Anonymous1977

ISIS is simply the latest tool in a never-ending progression of tools corporations use to justify wars which make them money. Because private businesses supply everything militaries use, if we never had wars, these businesses wouldn't make any money. Yet to justify wars, when most everyone would say war and death is a bad thing, you need to scare people into believing something or someone's SO bad that war is the only response.

Thus there's always going to be some country, group, or individual SO bad that violence is the only way to resolve the issue. Before the BIG problem was ISIS, it was al-Qaeda. Before terrorism was the global threat it was Communism. On n on, never ending scapegoating and deception by the powers that be.

After ISIS is no longer scaring people suffienctly, some new group will take their place and this process will continue.

This has to be - by far- the most bigoted, biased, ignorant off-theme post I've ever run across in this forum!

:9:

Hi,

Peace...Anonymous1977
Well, perhaps it is failure as a leader to truly understand the threat at its inception (and, arguable, his foreign policy actions that led to its growth). At one point he downplayed the threat, calling ISIS a "JV" team, telling America that the "tide of war is receding," while at the same time telling us he didn't have a clue as to what to do about them.

Hi,

Peace...Anonymous1977

This has to be - by far- the most bigoted, biased, ignorant off-theme post I've ever run across in this forum!

:9:

"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." - Albert Einstein

More than 60 countries, most of them Muslim, have joined Obama's coalition to fight ISIS. Most recently, Jordan finally joined the fight. More than 80% of the air strikes against ISIS have been at Obama's orders.

Sorry that I don't trust the American media enough to follow their reports about world events & thanks for the info...do you mean to say that 60 countries have failed to stop them? That doesn't sound quite right.

Peace.

Hi,

Peace...Anonymous1977

The West has been in one state of war or another in the Middle East since 1990 (the build up to the First Gulf War). Truthfully, selling the population of Europe and the Americas on yet another long and protracted war is going to be a tough sell, especially since it will be against an idea. And even if that war could be sold, the West simply doesn't have the stomach to do what that was would need: to wit, kill every member of ISIS and all the civilians associated with them. And that's before we add in the "Islam is under attack by Crusaders" angle the Muslim media will throw up.

It will take the Middle Eastern states doing the actual ISIS killing to get the job done. So far, Jordan is leading the attack, but until Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia start killing ISIS by the bushel, it's just going to keep on as a festering problem. And to get at the core of that problem, those states are going to be forced to deal with sectarian and tribal issues once and for all.

The West has been in one state of war or another in the Middle East since 1990 (the build up to the First Gulf War). Truthfully, selling the population of Europe and the Americas on yet another long and protracted war is going to be a tough sell, especially since it will be against an idea. And even if that war could be sold, the West simply doesn't have the stomach to do what that was would need: to wit, kill every member of ISIS and all the civilians associated with them. And that's before we add in the "Islam is under attack by Crusaders" angle the Muslim media will throw up.

It will take the Middle Eastern states doing the actual ISIS killing to get the job done. So far, Jordan is leading the attack, but until Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia start killing ISIS by the bushel, it's just going to keep on as a festering problem. And to get at the core of that problem, those states are going to be forced to deal with sectarian and tribal issues once and for all.

This doesn't make sense, Sir...the whole world went after Al-Quieda for their evil after 9/11. I believe that "ISIS" may not truly be what the American media is claiming that they are and that that is why the whole world has not attacked them.

How'd that war on Al Queda work out again? A trillion dollars spent, 5,000 dead soldiers, and Iraq and Afghanistan in virtual civil wars after all our nation building. Until the somebody goes after ISIS with a vengeance and dries up support for them by killing everyone who even thinks about harboring them, and going after the fundamentalist Muslim religious leaders, and figuring out a solution to the racial, tribal, and sectarian issues, there is no solution the West wants involved with.

As far as ISIS' supposed evilness, their actions speak for themselves. Shooting prisoners, beheading journalists, killing children, burning pilots alive, I mean, what more do you want? The Iraqi Sunnis shot themselves in the foot by allying themselves with ISIS. I get that they had a raw deal by Malaki, but they are going to reap what they have sown.

How'd that war on Al Queda work out again? A trillion dollars spent, 5,000 dead soldiers, and Iraq and Afghanistan in virtual civil wars after all our nation building. Until the somebody goes after ISIS with a vengeance and dries up support for them by killing everyone who even thinks about harboring them, and going after the fundamentalist Muslim religious leaders, and figuring out a solution to the racial, tribal, and sectarian issues, there is no solution the West wants involved with.

As far as ISIS' supposed evilness, their actions speak for themselves. Shooting prisoners, beheading journalists, killing children, burning pilots alive, I mean, what more do you want? The Iraqi Sunnis shot themselves in the foot by allying themselves with ISIS. I get that they had a raw deal by Malaki, but they are going to reap what they have sown.

Sir, I saw pictures of the deformed children left in Iraq after chemical bombing there by America, so I don't know how much America can boast against brutality. I do not know "ISIS" and I do not support them; I do not believe the behavior that is alleged against them of killing innocent people is Islamic; if they are as evil as they are reported to be by the American media then I would think that the whole world would attack them.

Peace.

The world doesn't want pulled back into yet another endless war in the Middle East, especially one that would require something barely short of genocide to win, and one that would be propagandized as nothing more than another Crusade. It's best to let the Muslim states take care of ISIS and simply provide them the tools and resources to do it.

This doesn't make sense, Sir...the whole world went after Al-Quieda for their evil after 9/11. I believe that "ISIS" may not truly be what the American media is claiming that they are and that that is why the whole world has not attacked them.
The whole world didn't go after al Qaeda after 9/11. They were given sanctuary in Pakistan and the US ran away from the chase and fight to go fight in Iraq.

ISIS is a local problem best solved by local forces. That local forces AREN'T doing so to any great degree shows how little a threat it actually is. Much of what we think ISIS is then is the result of pro-war western propaganda and agenda. If it's so major why isn't KSA, Iraq, Iran, and others doing anything about it?

The problem is the Kurds are under-equipped and neither Iraq nor Turkey want a powerful Kurdish minority that could possibly break away into an independent Kurdistan. Iraq is too fractured to do much, even with the Shia majority and an ISIS-aligned Sunni minority (and one that has military training at that). Throw in the religious leaders that are backing ISIS and their proclamations, even only semi-overtly. Just too many pieces that don't want to go head-to-head with ISIS withing states that are at risk.

So we can go after Saddam for NOTHING, but we can't attack "ISIS" for SOMETHING.

SOMETHING DOESN'T ADD THE F*CK UP.

ISIS has saturated itself into the local populace making it impossible to wage attacks on them most of time without causing massive amounts of civilian casualties. The war being waged is one of attrition. The air campaigns are designed to whittle down their numbers and resources so that when the ground war begin
The whole world didn't go after al Qaeda after 9/11. They were given sanctuary in Pakistan and the US ran away from the chase and fight to go fight in Iraq.

They were not given asylum in Pakistan. The Pakistani government condemned Al-Quieda, LIAR:

Reactions to the September 11 attacks - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Ya, that's why Bin Laden lived down the street from a officers military academy for all those years.

Hi,

Peace...Anonymous1977
What does the 'American media' claim they are?

New Topics

Forum List

Back