Can any Evolutionist answer me?

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Put down your beliefs for a moment about how everything got here and just answer me this...

WHY?

Why do we have the only known perfect planet to substain all sorts of life?

Why do we just happen to have a moon that creates tides - thus affecting weather patterns?

Why did the Earth have an atmosphere if it never knew humans and animals would need air to breathe?

Why is our planet PERFECTLY placed - at the right distance - from the Sun for life?

Why did tree's start growing - which help replenish oxygen?

Why do humans create blood clots? It takes 3 seperate cells to form them and surely the original 1 or 2 cells couldn't have been waiting around "billions of years" for the 3rd cell to just happen to come along

If there is no ID then WHY THE HELL DID ALL OF THIS HAPPEN? I mean.. seriously...

Put down your beliefs for a moment about how everything got here and just answer me this...
I'll do my best...
Because.
Probably because we haven't even begun to discover the rest of the universe?
Why do we just happen to have a moon that creates tides - thus affecting weather patterns?
Well the only non-ID reasons would be chance and/or physics/mathematics/chemsitry.
Why did the Earth have an atmosphere if it never knew humans and animals would need air to breathe?
Why does the earth need to know anything? It's inanimate (unless you're some sort of hippy). Again, the atmosphere can be shown to be a result of chemical reactions and science and junk.
Why is our planet PERFECTLY placed - at the right distance - from the Sun for life?
Who's to say it's perfectly placed? Who's to say if it were a little closer or a little farther we wouldn't adapt to something else? What if each planet had conditions for life and natural selection resulted in only earth surviving?
Adaptation/evolution/natural selection... or is that not good enough?
Why do humans create blood clots? It takes 3 seperate cells to form them and surely the original 1 or 2 cells couldn't have been waiting around "billions of years" for the 3rd cell to just happen to come along
I'm not sure you really understand how evolution works...
If there is no ID then WHY THE HELL DID ALL OF THIS HAPPEN? I mean.. seriously...
Why does there have to be an absence of an ID in order for evolution to be true? And what do the first 4 questions even have to do with evolution?

One more time: Evolution is not a creation theory. Evolution is a modification/apadtation theory.

WHY?

Evolution does not Deny a greater being.

WHY?
The need to have an answer to the big question, "why?" is a human need created by our own egos. We're here and we think we're great, so surely there must be some great reason for our existence. The thing is, there doesn't have to be an answer. We're here as a consequence of our planet's ability to sustain life, not the other way around. If you put a rock next to a creek bed, moss will grow on it. If you put a rock in a desert, nothing will grow on it.

We haven't even begun to explore the rest of the universe. We don't know in any definitive terms that we're the only ones. The sheer size of the universe and the sheer number of stars, each having the possibility of towing planets in its gravitational wake, make it highly unlikely that we're alone. Not trying to get spooky, just stating facts.

Why does Jupiter have like 18 moons? Most planets have moons for the same reason we have a moon. Debris surrounding the Earth (that may have come from a collision with a small planetoid in our case) coalesced with the force of gravity to form the moon. If we had two moons, you'd be asking, "Why do we have two moons?"

Again, breathing organisms are a consequence of having an atmosphere, not the other way around. To quote Stephen Hawking, "The fact that life happened to occur on Earth is not however surprising or unlikely. It is just an application of the Weak Anthropic Principle: if life had appeared instead on another planet we would be asking why it had occurred there."

It just is. We are here because it is.

Plants are just a form of life. They took advantage of large amounts of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere by breathing it in. The resulting waste is oxygen, which we take advantage of. Again, oxygen isn't here because we breathe it. We're here breathing it because it's here. It was here before we were.

I don't know if I completely understand this question. If I do, then I think you really do not understand the process of evolution. It is a gradual process with no defined final stage or goal. Think of evolution as a passive process. Unlike a god, who would actively create, the process of evolution is just a name for passive adaptation. It's the passive process by which organisms adapt to their external environment. Evolution didn't create life. It's the process by which organisms progressively adapt.

That's an ego question. You think life is so miraculous and am so important, there must be a reason I am here! There doesn't have to be an answer. We're all flying through space as the moss growing on this rock. There doesn't have to be a reason for it. The fact that there is no reason has no impact on my life because I lead a happy and fulfilling life. As long as you enjoy life right up until the time you expire, maybe you shouldn't care about the "why" and worry instead about the "now."

WHY?

Hagbard Celine and The Clay Taurus answer to you.
But to add to their answers, UNiverse is very very large. We only know a microcospic part of it. So, the probability that there is somewhere in the Universe a cosmic configration allowing life is quite high. Recently, the scientists discovered more and more planets or solar systems near our, and they're finding more and more planets on which life could be possible (or have been possible).

Man came only 3 millions years ago. On 4,5 billions years, it's really short. So, during the 4,497,000,000 former years, lot of things happened to allaow the apparition of life and, finally, of the humain beeing.

Hagbard Celine and The Clay Taurus answer to you.
But to add to their answers, UNiverse is very very large. We only know a microcospic part of it. So, the probability that there is somewhere in the Universe a cosmic configration allowing life is quite high. Recently, the scientists discovered more and more planets or solar systems near our, and they're finding more and more planets on which life could be possible (or have been possible).

Man came only 3 millions years ago. On 4,5 billions years, it's really short. So, during the 4,497,000,000 former years, lot of things happened to allaow the apparition of life and, finally, of the humain beeing.

Actually our species has only been around for approximately 300,000 years.

New Topics

Forum List

Back