Can a centrist win Florida?

amrchaos

Pentheus torn apart
Nov 1, 2008
Miami
On the surface, Charlie Crist is now trailing a distant second(losing by 9% to Rubio). But if the polls are accurate, Rubio will need at least a 42% favoring to have a chance at winning a run-off.

Why is that--Meeks is holding down the left(18%) vote and 3/4 of undecided independents fleeing right are the only hope for Rubio to take the election.(The arguement for the 3/4 is to assume they are part of the right wing populist movement. Fortunately for Christ, this is an overestimate to account for lack of enthusiasm of the left for Crist.)

A strange election math, is it not? But not to strange if you consider that NO, let me repeat, NO supporter of Meeks will endorse nor vote for Rubio unless Rubio cuts a deal with the left. Waiting for Hell to freeze over or Pigs to sprout wings is most likely than that to occur--unless Rubio is a much more calculating politician than Crist.

As of now, I give Crist a 60% chance of pulling off a "non-tea party affiliated" upset

What do you think?

I think the Tea party has fucked up another can't lose seat

There is not a certified Tea Party candidate here in Florida, and Meeks did not poll well against any individuals either.

The race looks like it is between the Gov and the Speaker of the House. It is like a Republican primary with the exception that everyone gets to vote.

He's not going to win, but yes, a centrist can win in Florida. But the centrist has to have the machinery of a political party behind him or her.

Agreed, though the Democrats could pull the plug on Meek in the hopes that Crist will caucus with them (which is very, very likely).

He's not going to win, but yes, a centrist can win in Florida. But the centrist has to have the machinery of a political party behind him or her.

Agreed, though the Democrats could pull the plug on Meek in the hopes that Crist will caucus with them (which is very, very likely).

Meek does not have a chance, but Christ has more statewide appeal

Senator Rubio has a lot going for him. He's a fiscal conservative. He's very young. good looking and hispanic. Florida has a large population of hispanics.. Jeb Bush has a good looking hispanic wife too.. Jeb Bush love Senator Rubio. and so do I. JEB has an even better looking hispanic son..

Meek does not have a chance, but Christ has more statewide appeal

Someone put this better than I but here goes.. when one leaves a party the party one left no longer trusts you,, also the party you went to doesn't trust you either.. ask arlen..

Forum List

Back