Cameras monitoring ALL American streets; good or bad idea?

Anonymous1977

(NOT AFFILIATED WITH GROUP CALLED, "ANONYMOUS")
Nov 7, 2014
האי שלי
Do you think it would be a good or bad idea to have cameras monitoring ALL American streets? Do you think that crime rates would drop? Would you feel safer on the streets?

I think that it is a good idea, that crime rates would drop, and yes I would feel safer on the streets.

One, there is no Constitutional presumption that one in public about his affairs has a protected right to privacy.

Two, CCTV in Britain has been a great aid to police and deterrent to criminals.

We have 8 cameras in my maintenance shop at work and someone managed to steal a makita drill and it's charger a few weeks ago, so go figure

Good idea.

While I don't think cameras reduce crime as much as help make sure the guilty get caught and punished after the fact, anything that does that is fine by me.

Only the guilty fear surveillance.

Do you think it would be a good or bad idea to have cameras monitoring ALL American streets? Do you think that crime rates would drop? Would you feel safer on the streets?

I think that it is a good idea, that crime rates would drop, and yes I would feel safer on the streets.

You all who think this is a good idea, do the USSR proud.

You all know what goes good with cameras? Electronic monitoring bracelets. You guys want to wear one of those?
Seeing as how you are giving up freedoms to the government.

And are not a couple of you posters Repubs who are all concerned about intrusive government? LMAO. Or are you all Dems and want intrusive government? Can't tell the difference anymore.

You have to pay someone to monitor it.

It's not like the Truman show

Not necessarily...is anyone paid to monitor cameras in banks and convenience stores? A street monitoring system could work like those cameras.
You dont understand employees are right there monitoring behavior and watching the monitors it is only a few square feet , protecting there territory , not hundreds of miles

You all who think this is a good idea, do the USSR proud.

You all know what goes good with cameras? Electronic monitoring bracelets. You guys want to wear one of those?
Seeing as how you are giving up freedoms to the government.

And are not a couple of you posters Repubs who are all concerned about intrusive government? LMAO. Or are you all Dems and want intrusive government? Can't tell the difference anymore.

So cameras in banks and convenience stores are Soviet style entities & "government intrusion?" That just sounds silly. If the majority of the American people wanted cameras monitoring their streets, then cameras monitoring the streets in 100% American.

What?
Cameras lie, we are the land of innocent until proven guilty, you.don't know what altercation happened before the camera caught it between two people

What?
Cameras lie, we are the land of innocent until proven guilty, you.don't know what altercation happened before the camera caught it between two people

There are trials in America to examine evidence and footage from cameras is evidence.

Do you think it would be a good or bad idea to have cameras monitoring ALL American streets?

Now, do you wanna talk about banks? Or as your first post indicated, and I responded to, do you wanna talk about government placed cameras on American streets?

You know the difference between "private" and "government"? Sure you do. So why you trying to change the channel?

If the majority of the American people wanted cameras monitoring their streets, then cameras monitoring the streets in 100% American.

When will your education tell you that we in this country do not make decisions based on simple majorities?
Were you aware of that?

Forum List

Back