Calypso I

Damaged Eagle

Behind blue eyes
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 28, 2015
I have hours, only lonely
th

There I was a junior tech attached to his first sea command which also happened to be a forward deployed flag. We had pulled into Tel Aviv a couple days earlier and I was on liberty at the market with a few of the guys. It was a warm sunny day as we sucked down sodas and enjoyed the experience. We were strolling along and discussing what to do with the rest of our day when suddenly these female Israeli soldiers dressed in camouflage, with Uzi's tucked under their arms, approached. We said hello and were asked if we were off the American ship. We replied in the affirmative at which time one of them came right up to me and basically informed me that I was to be on the pier and dressed for a nice dinner at seven that night. The rest of the guys looked at each other and then at the rest of the women and received head shakes from them. As for myself who's going to argue with a gal that has a Uzi under her arm? I said alright at seven and the guys and I continued shopping with a slow walk back towards where the ship was moored.

I went back to the ship a couple hours later to get ready for my 'date'. Showed and shaved I pulled on a set of gray slacks, black leather belt, long sleeve white shirt, and black leather shoes. Feeling ready I proceeded to the quarterdeck where the officer of the deck and petty officer of the watch gave me a strange look as I requested permission to leave the ship and proceeded on down the gangway to the pier. There to be meet by a radiant young beauty dressed in a sleeveless sapphire dress that went down to just above her ankles. She was wearing white shoes with a slight heel spike and had let her raven hair that reached down to her shoulder blades down. There were looks of disbelief from the quarterdeck watches as she put her arm around mine and said "Come". Who was I to argue? I asked where we were going and she replied "dinner".

Dinner turned out to be ten or twelve blocks distant but it was a lovely walk as we strolled along in the evening sunlight. The restaurant was tucked away amongst the buildings but was larger than it looked from the outside. The tables were heavy wood with white tablecloths and very neatly kept. We were seated and given menu's... Of course I couldn't read them and suggested that she order something for the two of us. The meal turned out to be roast lamb, a small salad, a side of rice, a glass of semi sweet wine, and a small piece of cake with coffee afterwards. We sat and talked for a while with a short lesson on some polite phases in Hebrew for my personal benefit. As the meal came to an end I asked what now? Her reply was dancing.

So we spent the next hour or so at a small nearby place dancing and talking. I told her that I needed to be back on the ship prior to midnight because we were to leave in the morning and she told me she already knew that from the friends that were with her earlier in the day. However her intentions were to walk me back 'safely' to my ship. Which she did all the way to the quarterdeck. When we arrived at the bottom of the gangplank I asked her who the young man, he looked about ten, was that had been following us? She rolled her eyes and asked when did I know? My response was when I saw him in the restaurant kitchen I was sure but he's been with us since you meet me. Her response was "Nephew... Chaperone. He was supposed to be unseen." I chuckled and handed her a couple of dollars which she tried to refuse but I insisted that she take him out for some ice cream or something on me. She gave me a kiss with the quarterdeck watches ogling on in disbelief. I told her it had been a lovely evening and she told me she had enjoyed it also and had wanted to create a memory.

If you're reading this I still remember.

*****HAPPY SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:
th

There I was a junior tech attached to his first sea command which also happened to be a forward deployed flag. We had pulled into Tel Aviv a couple days earlier and I was on liberty at the market with a few of the guys. It was a warm sunny day as we sucked down sodas and enjoyed the experience. We were strolling along and discussing what to do with the rest of our day when suddenly these female Israeli soldiers dressed in camouflage, with Uzi's tucked under their arms, approached. We said hello and were asked if we were off the American ship. We replied in the affirmative at which time one of them came right up to me and basically informed me that I was to be on the pier and dressed for a nice dinner at seven that night. The rest of the guys looked at each other and then at the rest of the women and received head shakes from them. As for myself who's going to argue with a gal that has a Uzi under her arm? I said alright at seven and the guys and I continued shopping with a slow walk back towards where the ship was moored.

I went back to the ship a couple hours later to get ready for my 'date'. Showed and shaved I pulled on a set of gray slacks, black leather belt, long sleeve white shirt, and black leather shoes. Feeling ready I proceeded to the quarterdeck where the officer of the deck and petty officer of the watch gave me a strange look as I requested permission to leave the ship and proceeded on down the gangway to the pier. There to be meet by a radiant young beauty dressed in a sleeveless sapphire dress that went down to just above her ankles. She was wearing white shoes with a slight heel spike and had let her raven hair that reached down to her shoulder blades down. There were looks of disbelief from the quarterdeck watches as she put her arm around mine and said "Come". Who was I to argue? I asked where we were going and she replied "dinner".

Dinner turned out to be ten or twelve blocks distant but it was a lovely walk as we strolled along in the evening sunlight. The restaurant was tucked away amongst the buildings but was larger than it looked from the outside. The tables were heavy wood with white tablecloths and very neatly kept. We were seated and given menu's... Of course I couldn't read them and suggested that she order something for the two of us. The meal turned out to be roast lamb, a small salad, a side of rice, a glass of semi sweet wine, and a small piece of cake with coffee afterwards. We sat and talked for a while with a short lesson on some polite phases in Hebrew for my personal benefit. As the meal came to an end I asked what now? Her reply was dancing.

So we spent the next hour or so at a small nearby place dancing and talking. I told her that I needed to be back on the ship prior to midnight because we were to leave in the morning and she told me she already knew that from the friends that were with her earlier in the day. However her intentions were to walk me back 'safely' to my ship. Which she did all the way to the quarterdeck. When we arrived at the bottom of the gangplank I asked her who the young man, he looked about ten, was that had been following us? She rolled her eyes and asked when did I know? My response was when I saw him in the restaurant kitchen I was sure but he's been with us since you meet me. Her response was "Nephew... Chaperone. He was supposed to be unseen." I chuckled and handed her a couple of dollars which she tried to refuse but I insisted that she take him out for some ice cream or something on me. She gave me a kiss with the quarterdeck watches ogling on in disbelief. I told her it had been a lovely evening and she told me she had enjoyed it also and had wanted to create a memory.

*****HAPPY SMILE*****

th

*****HAPPY SMILE*****

:)

My favorite John Denver song I sang frequently at Karaoke. ♡♡♡♡♡♡
He apparently spent a long time cruising with Jacques Cousteau and wrote the enigmatic piece to celebrate his experience and the words in the song say it so very well. IMHO it is a masterpiece of universal music. Thanks for sharing your delightful story. My big brother was a Navy lifer.

New Topics

Forum List

Back