Calls For Joe Rogan to Host Presidential Debate After Chris Wallace Blasted by Both Sides

Billiejeens

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2019
The first presidential debate of 2020 between President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden took place Tuesday night moderated by Fox News's Chris Wallace who has been heavily criticized for being seen as unable to keep the debate on track.

Hellllo Chris Wallace??? Looking for a moderator here. Jesus Christ what a fricken mess," journalist Soledad O'Brien wrote.

Podcaster Ira Madison tweeted: "The fact that Chris Wallace didn't follow up on Trump's 'Proud Boys stand by' call to violence. He's an embarrassment. This debate is a joke."

"Chris Wallace has completely lost control of this debate," ex-GOP strategist Steve Schmidt said.

The debacle led to many calling for Wallace to be replaced by Joe Rogan as the moderator for future debates.

Athlete Lance Armstrong tweeted: "What happened to this idea that @joerogan ought to host a presidential debate?! Time to restart that conversation."

BJ's Pull quotes

First of all, I want no one else in the room, just the three of us," he said on the episode. "And you'd have to stream it live so no one can edit it, and I would want them in there for hours.

"If they wanted to do that—they both wanted to come here in Austin, sit down and have a debate—I would 100 percent do it."

Trump even responded to the suggestion on Twitter, replying: "I do!" When MMA fighter Tim Kennedy, tweeted about the idea and asked "who wants this?"

Last edited:
Why would we let a former reality TV show host conduct a debate with a reality TV show host pretending to be President?
I'm not interested in watching a bro fest (which like it or not, is exactly what Rogan is. Just another a-hole with an opinion).
There's a reason debates are supposed to be structured. It is supposed to prevent what happened last night.
Unfortunately, you have a guy that wants to play by his own rules. That isn't Wallace's fault.

Why would we let a former reality TV show host conduct a debate with a reality TV show host pretending to be President?
I'm not interested in watching a bro fest (which like it or not, is exactly what Rogan is. Just another a-hole with an opinion).
There's a reason debates are supposed to be structured. It is supposed to prevent what happened last night.
Unfortunately, you have a guy that wants to play by his own rules. That isn't Wallace's fault.
Because he likely does a better job then the compromised fools in the MSM.

Wallace is a witless tool, I have no idea why they chose him. Bret Baier might have done a lot better.

Regardless Jack, what you call 'structure' is the legacy prime time TV organizations like FOX, MSNBC, etc. conspicuous alignment in presenting one simplistic narrative that hypes and obsesses the same repetitive talking points "very fine people, Trump supports white supremacy, covid deaths are entirely Trump's fault, NYTimes tax report" and Wallace was being a hack repeating these trite talking points verbatim rather than moderating a proper debate. Trump knew this would happen and he came in armed to the teeth.
I believe Trump was incensed from the beginning that its biased Chris Wallace again chosen as moderator. Remember when Megyn ran a debate and Trump wouldn't even show up?
Bottom line this accelerates the extinction of the TV news media and their monolopy on debate coverage.
Let's get Joe Rogan ffs

Everybody's an a-hole with an opinion. People who went to journalism classes aren't immune from bias.

The nice thing about Joe Rogan, whether or not you care to acknowledge it, is that his show is FAMOUS for being non confrontational, and just letting the interviewee tell the listeners what they're about.

Essentially, Rogan has proved for years now that he's an exceptionally good fit for a position that requires someone to check their own bias and just moderate.

Unfortunately, the mainstream left has gone so far into their own biases that they believe that NOT taking Biden's side outright is proof of corruption, so the last thing they want is an unbiased moderator.

Forum List

Back