Calling Out Hobelim: Is God Good and All Powerful?

ding

Confront reality
Oct 25, 2016
Houston
hobelim , you have been called out.

I will be arguing the position that God is not good and all powerful. hobelim - if he chooses to accept this challenge - will be forced to argue that God is good and all powerful.

Hobelim, do you believe that God good?

do you believe that God good?

Sorry for butting in, if you want me to go away just say so and I'm gone.

I believe that God has given us free will to make our own decisions, plus the capability to think and reason things out and to learn from our mistakes and the mistakes of others, and I call that a gift that is good. So, IMHO God is good for giving us choices to make instead of merely being just another unthinking herd animal that has no emotions. Would you want to live without love, happiness, joy? God has given us the opportunity to know these things, and I call that good too. And if we make the wrong decisions and suffer the consequences, isn't that actually good too? Cuz if there are no consequences then who learns anything of importance?

Sorry for butting in, if you want me to go away just say so and I'm gone.

I believe that God has given us free will to make our own decisions, plus the capability to think and reason things out and to learn from our mistakes and the mistakes of others, and I call that a gift that is good. So, IMHO God is good for giving us choices to make instead of merely being just another unthinking herd animal that has no emotions. Would you want to live without love, happiness, joy? God has given us the opportunity to know these things, and I call that good too. And if we make the wrong decisions and suffer the consequences, isn't that actually good too? Cuz if there are no consequences then who learns anything of importance?
I appreciate your response. I suspect it is more of response than hobelim will provide.

hobelim , you have been called out.

I will be arguing the position that God is not good and all powerful. hobelim - if he chooses to accept this challenge - will be forced to argue that God is good and all powerful.

Hobelim, do you believe that God good?
If you say God is not all powerful then how then do you define God?

After all, this is how God is defined and largely accepted
  • 1.(in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
  • 2.(in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity:
And how do you say God is not "good"? What is "good"? What is "bad"?

These terms you must define before continuing.

If you say God is not all powerful then how then do you define God?

After all, this is how God is defined and largely accepted
  • 1.(in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
  • 2.(in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity:
And how do you say God is not "good"? What is "good"? What is "bad"?

These terms you must define before continuing.
Thanks. I'll cross that bridge with hobelim, if he ever shows up.

New Topics

Forum List

Back