Calling Out Bulldog: God is not a baby killer

ding

Confront reality
Oct 25, 2016
Houston
This is a 1v1 match between bulldog and myself. It's not a free for all. Unless you are Bulldog please don't add your comments to this thread.

BULLDOG believes that God is a baby killer.

I will be arguing that it cannot be said that God directly creates evil, or has the direct intention to produce evil because God only produces existence. All the great evils which men cause to each other because of certain intentions, desires, opinions, or religious principles, are due to non-existence, because they originate in ignorance, which is absence of wisdom. The numerous evils to which individual persons are exposed are due to the defects existing in the persons themselves. We suffer from the evils which we, by our own free will, inflict on ourselves and ascribe them to God, who is far from being connected with them. Man himself is the author of this class of evils.

So bulldog, make your case for God the baby killer and I will show you how illogical your argument really is.

Or you can run away - which is what I expect you will do.

I told you I was not interested in seeing you tap dance and divert. I have no intention of participating with your silliness beyond this one post.

I noticed your claim in this call out thread doesn't completely cover the discussion we were having, but you chose the small part you felt more comfortable defending. also, you didn't specifically define evil. I consider killing child or adult as punishment for the actions, or inaction of their parents to be evil. Military action that specifically targets women and children, even the non-combatant ones is evil. The god in the bible is supposedly all knowing and all powerful. He could certainly strike down, or order the striking down of the specific ones guilty of some infraction without having to kill those not responsible for those infractions. Only a perverse and evil god would do that.

Exodus 12:12
“On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord.

A military force intentionally killing women and children, and even the animals is evil
1 Samuel 15 3
. 3 Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’ ”

There are several more stories in the bible where the god depicted can only be described as petty, hateful, and, yes, evil.

I told you I was not interested in seeing you tap dance and divert. I have no intention of participating with your silliness beyond this one post.

I noticed your claim in this call out thread doesn't completely cover the discussion we were having, but you chose the small part you felt more comfortable defending. also, you didn't specifically define evil. I consider killing child or adult as punishment for the actions, or inaction of their parents to be evil. Military action that specifically targets women and children, even the non-combatant ones is evil. The god in the bible is supposedly all knowing and all powerful. He could certainly strike down, or order the striking down of the specific ones guilty of some infraction without having to kill those not responsible for those infractions. Only a perverse and evil god would do that.

“On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord.

A military force intentionally killing women and children, and even the animals is evil
1 Samuel 15 3
. 3 Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’ ”

There are several more stories in the bible where the god depicted can only be described as petty, hateful, and, yes, evil.
You don't actually believe that any god killed babies, do you? There's the flaw in your logic. You are literally making an argument that you don't even believe yourself.

Again... you don't believe that happened though, do you? So your logic for dismissing the existence of God is flawed.

1 Samuel 15 3

You are blaming Jewish embellishment on God and using that as your proof there is no God. It's idiotic. It's the kind of logic an imbecile would use.

There's more than one way to skin a scared cat.

1672403264751.png

I've deleted other posters from this weird thread, but it would be better in a PM.

Shouldn't be a problem. He'll get tired of talking to himself in a little while and wander off to watch cartoons.

Don't count on it.

Sorry, but a god that in a fit of anger would order the deaths of every living person and animal, even those who were too young to have broken any laws, is bloodthirsty and cruel.
You are blaming Jewish embellishment on God and using that as your excuse to not believe in God. It's idiotic.

And you are a coward for running away from discussing it in the bull ring.

Forum List

Back