Calling for Israel to restrain? Why?

Semper Fi

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2003
Wisconsin
Why call for Israel to restrain? They have a legit opportunity to end much terror-induced violence in the mid-east. True, they should exercise caution so they might not hit any more civilians, but restraint from killing terrorists? No way.

As I stated before in another thread, this is no different than the US fighting al Qaeda and the Taliban after 9/11. I recall no calls for restraint then, why is the international community suddenly a band of terrorist sympathizers? Hezbollah and Hamas, by the looks of it, are far more capable of fighting a sustained war for long periods of time that al Qaeda was. I, for one, would prefer it if Israel takes them out now then have to deal with them stronger and fiercer later.

Given Israel's military and diplomatic past (their raid against Iraq's nuclear reactor in the 80's comes to mind), I doubt a few blue helmets will change their mind enough to call off a much needed ass-kicking.

Semper Fi said:
Why call for Israel to restrain? They have a legit opportunity to end much terror-induced violence in the mid-east. True, they should exercise caution so they might not hit any more civilians, but restraint from killing terrorists? No way.

As I stated before in another thread, this is no different than the US fighting al Qaeda and the Taliban after 9/11. I recall no calls for restraint then, why is the international community suddenly a band of terrorist sympathizers? Hezbollah and Hamas, by the looks of it, are far more capable of fighting a sustained war for long periods of time that al Qaeda was. I, for one, would prefer it if Israel takes them out now then have to deal with them stronger and fiercer later.

Given Israel's military and diplomatic past (their raid against Iraq's nuclear reactor in the 80's comes to mind), I doubt a few blue helmets will change their mind enough to call off a much needed ass-kicking.

If there is war, there will be civilian casualties, regardless of care taken.

Semper Fi said:

The EU and NATO think they can snap thier fingers and everyone is going to jump----the jig is up. The US has shown that it can operate without UN or EU support and Israel will do so too. It sucks for the UN and the EU to be exposed as limp-dicks.

The call for 'restraint' is to further appease the Muslim hordes. And to make Israel weaker, to force the US to be drawn in.
The more bad things that happen, the more Dems have a chance of winning elections.

Forum List

Back