California's Split Personality: Should it split into 6 new states?

Should California split into 6 states?

• Yes, this will allow California's diversity to be better represented

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, other reason not listed here (explain)

• No, this is just a Silicon Valley effort to create their own state

• Total voters

Destroyer2

Worst. Title. Ever.
Aug 25, 2013
SixCalifornias - initiative to create six states

Tim Draper (a Silicon Valley-based investor) wants to add a proposition to the 2014 California ballot to split California into 6 new states, which would each have their own state governments and their own 2 Senators.

Should it be done?

(Personal opinion: No, cause it's silly and there's no reason to :tongue:)

Six states seems unnecessary, but I think folks in the Inland Empire and the inland rural areas in the central and northern parts of the state have a good case to be made for wanting to split off from the coast. Right now the state is being run according to interest of the coastal folks and their priorities are not the same as the inland folks and in many cases the laws and regulations they have passed have hurt the livelihood of the rural parts of the state. I think splitting the state in two is justified if that's what people want, although it is very unlikely to happen any time in the near future.

It won't happen.

Approval would require congressional approval. The addition of ten new senators (yes, six "new" states" but elimination of the "old" one, hence a total of 12 of which 10 would be additional) would dilute the Senate and diminish the power of other pre-existintg states.

Depending on the size of each of the six "new" states there might also be some dilution in The House though probably not.

So The House might buy it but it would never survive The Senate no matter which party were in majority at the time.

California should legalize marijuana.

69700d1149589021-why-marijuana-shouldnt-legalized-special-tax-stamp.jpg

crazy times we live in

multiple states want to break apart and some want to leave.

I think HI is voting on leaving the union. considering the shitty economy they have, they'd be fucked

Six states is crazy, and going way too far.

Two states is reasonable though. Northern CA and Southern CA are extremely different, way more different then North and South Dakota are.

Two states is reasonable though. Northern CA and Southern CA are extremely different, way more different then North and South Dakota are.

That might be workable but only if it were possible to allow those two states just ONE senator each and keep the total number of representatives the same as it is now. Especially if it's an odd number (California IS sorta odd) and one had to be split down the middle. Physically.

California is a beautiful state, it has it all but this liberal infestation and union govern-mental power has brought it bent over and on it's knees you might say..

Last edited:

That might be workable but only if it were possible to allow those two states just ONE senator each and keep the total number of representatives the same as it is now.

Well, it's not possible and frankly that's a stupid idea anyway. Why should the two hypothetical states of North and South California only have one U. S. Senator when their populations would still be higher than most of the other 49?

I have no problem if they want to reorganize themselves into six states. Let them govern themselves as they choose.

That might be workable but only if it were possible to allow those two states just ONE senator each and keep the total number of representatives the same as it is now.

Well, it's not possible and frankly that's a stupid idea anyway. Why should the two hypothetical states of North and South California only have one U. S. Senator when their populations would still be higher than most of the other 49?

Oh, I agree, that won't happen. But the creation of even TWO new Senate seats would queer the deal for the rest of The Senate who would see their power diluted. If the total number of senators remained constant (as would the number of representatives, that being population based) then enough present senators might be convinced to let it happen.

I could see The Senate agreeing to let two states consolidate and therefore a reduction of two senate seats since that would increase the power of those remaining.

But it's not about power - it's about service.

I mean, isn't it?????

such love of your fellow Americans.

you people are traitors and want to see this country shredded into fighting factions simply because you cant win elections legally

This country will win and you people will LOSE.

The distruction you seek will never come,

This country will come together again.

You will never win

such love of your fellow Americans.

you people are traitors and want to see this country shredded into fighting factions simply because you cant win elections legally

God created California. He did not intend it to be an outhouse where libtard ideas are created and shipped to soil other parts of the nation.

California should legalize marijuana.

69700d1149589021-why-marijuana-shouldnt-legalized-special-tax-stamp.jpg

Now that's the best and only workable idea I've seen yet. It helps the whole state equally. The farmers have something to farm that doesn't need as much water as other crops, doesn't deplete the soil and can be made into food, fuel, fiber and just good old smoke!

I'm a 5th Generation Californian and I support this idea...legalize ALL forms of the hemp plant!

Industrial-Hemp.jpg

Forum List

Back