California Says Don’t Charge Electric Cars

One doesn't need to be an Einstein to figure out the best time to due certain things is during off-peak hours. But then those that believe our future is grounded in coal probably will require an extra measure of guidance.
As the population soars--there will be no off peak hours...ergo electric car useless.

That's not true. There is clearly more energy available at night. But it's pretty stupid to tell people they can't charge their cars during the day if they need to.

But clearly you're right on the central issue that Democrats are pushing us to electric cars yet still oppose any sort of energy generation as if it doesn't take energy to charge electric cars
The wind almost always dies off at night and the sun goes down, so the only “clean” energy available most nights is hydro and atomic and California does not have many hydroelectric or atomic plants.

Yes, but wind is a small amount of the power too. Certainly wind does vary through the day. Most power however doesn't, you don't ramp up and down coal or gas plants through the day. So they have more capacity at night.

California is really fucked up though since they flat out don't have enough power, they are like a third world country, and they do it themselves
You need to get an education. California has plenty of electricity for most times. We have contracts to buy power from neighboring states if we get pinched in a heat wave.

• Disagree
Reactions: 007
One doesn't need to be an Einstein to figure out the best time to due certain things is during off-peak hours. But then those that believe our future is grounded in coal probably will require an extra measure of guidance.
As the population soars--there will be no off peak hours...ergo electric car useless.

That's not true. There is clearly more energy available at night. But it's pretty stupid to tell people they can't charge their cars during the day if they need to.

But clearly you're right on the central issue that Democrats are pushing us to electric cars yet still oppose any sort of energy generation as if it doesn't take energy to charge electric cars
The wind almost always dies off at night and the sun goes down, so the only “clean” energy available most nights is hydro and atomic and California does not have many hydroelectric or atomic plants.
On the pacific coast line winds are always moving.

Always moving doesn't mean they always produce energy at the same rate. It's not binary
When air is moving it will spin a rotatory blade. The speed in not that important as they only spin so fast.

• Disagree
Reactions: 007

Yes, but wind is a small amount of the power too. Certainly wind does vary through the day. Most power however doesn't, you don't ramp up and down coal or gas plants through the day. So they have more capacity at night.

California is really fucked up though since they flat out don't have enough power, they are like a third world country, and they do it themselves
You need to get an education. California has plenty of electricity for most times. We have contracts to buy power from neighboring states if we get pinched in a heat wave.

You don't know what you're talking about. California has had brown outs for decades because of your stupid laws restricting free energy production.

And the point isn't having energy for "most times" like a third world country. It's having energy for peak times like you were a first world country. Almost nowhere else do they run out of energy on hot days and turn off power like California

On the pacific coast line winds are always moving.

Always moving doesn't mean they always produce energy at the same rate. It's not binary
When air is moving it will spin a rotatory blade. The speed in not that important as they only spin so fast.

That there's a maximum speed doesn't mean that slow speeds produce as much energy as the maximum speed.

Democrats have no logical ability.

So if my car tops out at 100, I'm going as fast at 50 as if I'm driving 70. That's the argument you just made

I have, and it doesn't affect me in any way... I have central air.
Oh yeah, i suppose caring would require you to care about other people. I forgot i was talking to a 21st century american conservative. Totally my mistake. Sorry to have distracted you from yourself.

Forum List

Back