California Recall Election Cost About $300 Million

The recall only requires 12% of the total voters in the last governor's election to sign a petition to recall.

If the governor does not get 50% of the California vote to stay he is recalled and removed,

and on the same ballot is all the candidates running against the governor, this recall had 48 candidates running.

Whomever of those candidates that gets the most votes, becomes the new governor....even if they only got 5% or 10% of the votes cast by Californians, and the residing governor who got 49% of the Californian vote loses.... The Candidate as exampled that only gets 5% of the vote, WINS....and becomes the new Governor.

That whole process is just plain wrong and very undemocratic.

There should be a way to recall, but this isn't it, imo.
Democrats need to change it, they are in charge and have been for a long time. I don't blame anyone that uses the laws that are on the books, it is up to lawmakers to change it. You would have thought that they would have gotten smart after Wilson, but it seems Californians aren't all that smart, they just like to blame instead of fix.

Especially since the DNC runs the state now.

It will get much harder to challenge their iron rod of control, as it always does.

Now if you want to argue Dims care about spending money........well............I have a bridge I would like to sell ya.

Dims pay about the same for lunch or dinner.
The recall vote was six months before the Primary in CA which will be on June 7, 2022.

The cost to the recall election was over one quarter of a Billion Dollars. The GOP has made the claim that it only cost $6.99 for every woman, man and child in CA. Keep this in mind:

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a phrase describing the persuasive power of numbers, particularly the use of statistics to bolster weak arguments.

Democrats need to change it, they are in charge and have been for a long time. I don't blame anyone that uses the laws that are on the books, it is up to lawmakers to change it. You would have thought that they would have gotten smart after Wilson, but it seems Californians aren't all that smart, they just like to blame instead of fix.
I agree, their legislature needs to rewrite it!...and they should have, already!!!

Lots of people want to change the laws.
I’d say they lost a lot more than 300 million. By keeping this idiot the solicited their fealty to government whims. A loss of rights that will never come back. A governor who will make the most draconian rules he can for you, for your own good of course, but rules that will never apply to him and his friends. He will destroy your business while exempting his. He will put you in jail for doing what he is free to do.

Yeah, I’d say over all 300 million dollars is the least valuable thing that was lost in this recall.

It's a good thing our governor stayed in office. The republican would have brought in DeSantes or some other red state governor to show how to run the schools republican style. Dead kids everywhere. Lot of business for the E.R.'s and mortuaries though.

Still funny how companies and individuals are leaving the state, people complaining about mandates and then wokeness, celebs leaving like Joe Rogan and even elon musk leaving, the homeless problem and all kinds of other problems. Then enough people sign to have a recall election and the governor that turned California into a shit hole still manages to win by a huge margain and stays.

The recall vote was six months before the Primary in CA which will be on June 7, 2022.

The cost to the recall election was over one quarter of a Billion Dollars. The GOP has made the claim that it only cost $6.99 for every woman, man and child in CA. Keep this in mind:

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a phrase describing the persuasive power of numbers, particularly the use of statistics to bolster weak arguments.
First off September to June is not six month but math isn’t a strong suit for you. Secondly after the Davis recall California’s legislature would have changed the law but they didn’t and someone who is obeying the law that Democratic lawmakers failed to change, filed a petition. It seems to me this is a major failure of the lawmakers not the people of California exercising their rights. Funny how you blame citizens following the law and not your moronic lawmakers. You partisans a whiny little cowards.

How did the alleged 300m break down? Money spent by both candidates for advertising? Overtime for poll workers? Consider the alleged 300m to be a economic incentive.

Forum List

Back