California Governor Gavin Newsom wins recall election in a landslide!

So what. No one has a right to tell a woman what to do with her body. You are nothing but the American branch of the Taliban.
So what you ask? So your emotion driven girlyman post was bullshit and I proved it. Then you followed it up with another emotional girlyman post. Maybe you need a Midol and a fainting couch.

Yep, it was a LANDSLIDE!!!!! Go Newsom!!!!!

1632198028227.png

So it did shrink, first time since at least 1900? I'll stand by my prior post, thanks.

Last year, California’s population decreased for the first time in recorded history and it lost a congressional seat. The state is starting to develop a two-tiered society, with higher-income, educated tech workers clustering in the major coastal cities while lower-income, less-educated workers are relegated to the interior of the state or forced out altogether. Now, a new study finds that business headquarters are also leaving the state at a record pace.

Fr
om 2000 to 2020, California experienced a net loss of 2.6 million people to other U.S. states.
ts total population was propped up by natural population increases and strong foreign immigration, but in 2020 foreign immigration decreased and the state’s birth rate continued its steady decline. As a result, California’s total population fell by 182,000 people.

More worrying for California than the actual number is the trend. There were more relocations in the first half of 2021—74—than in all of 2018 or 2020, and the monthly average in 2021 so far—12—is double the overall average of six. So, while reported relocations slowed down during the pandemic, they are accelerating as the economy reopens. It’s unclear whether this is the new normal, but it’s not a good sign for California.

California is losing tax payers, and gaining tax takers. California used to fund its government on business tax revenues, now it has largely shifted to income taxes. As earners leave California is going to resemble Detroit.

You mean those uneducated "entrepreneurs" that operate leaf blowers and wash dishes?

I lived in California for decades. We only need so many taco stands.
And you might like to know California is booming, economy shot up 14.8% in 2020. The States GDP is now 3.2 trillion dollars, almost equivalent to what 25 other states in the US make. My sister enjoys living there, wouldn't live anywhere else. She is a reasonable person who understands there's a lot of give and take in this world, and is always willing to do her part to make it a better world.

And you might like to know California is booming, economy shot up 14.8% in 2020. The States GDP is now 3.2 trillion dollars, almost equivalent to what 25 other states in the US make. My sister enjoys living there, wouldn't live anywhere else. She is a reasonable person who understands there's a lot of give and take in this world, and is always willing to do her part to make it a better world.
The California exodus is not a fable. I'm glad your sister loves California so much.
Lot's of other "reasonable" people feel differently, however.

And no matter how rosy California looks financially they are still facing down tens of trillions of dollars
in unfunded mandates. His tax base is fleeing and all the illegal immigrants in Mexico, and wherever.
will not fill that gap.

If Newsom and his backers think this problem will go away if they just ignore it he might find out
that's not likely to happen.

The California exodus is not a fable. I'm glad your sister loves California so much.
Lot's of other "reasonable" people feel differently, however.

And no matter how rosy California looks financially they are still facing down tens of trillions of dollars
in unfunded mandates. His tax base is fleeing and all the illegal immigrants in Mexico, and wherever.
will not fill that gap.

If Newsom and his backers think this problem will go away if they just ignore it he might find out
that's not likely to happen.
California is leading the nation in its fight for a livable, fruitful future. I only hope the nation will follow. This world would be a terrible loss if we continue down the same path of reckless endangerment.

California is leading the nation in its fight for a livable, fruitful future. I only hope the nation will follow. This world would be a terrible loss if we continue down the same path of reckless endangerment.
Print that up and put it on a t-shirt.

Print that up and put it on a t-shirt.
I live in Nebraska, all my representatives are Republicans unfortunately. I'm in concert contact with them on the issues. On the bright side people here are changing they want wind and solar energy and for the first time electric autos and hybrids have outsold gasoline and Diesel autos. Slowly but surely the public will eventually convince their representatives the world is worth saving. The cost of doing things now far outweigh the cost we will endure for not doing things. It's a win-win situation.

I live in Nebraska, all my representatives are Republicans unfortunately. I'm in concert contact with them on the issues. On the bright side people here are changing they want wind and solar energy and for the first time electric autos and hybrids have outsold gasoline and Diesel autos. Slowly but surely the public will eventually convince their representatives the world is worth saving. The cost of doing things now far outweigh the cost we will endure for not doing things. It's a win-win situation.
Cool, let’s see the link that electric cars are outselling gas and diesel in Nebraska.

Cool, let’s see the link that electric cars are outselling gas and diesel in Nebraska.
It was on the news a couple weeks ago maybe you can access channel 7 ABC Omaha station to gain access to that information. This article might help, Nebraska is adjusting to the change. Home ->N. PDF Electric Vehicles in Nebraska-Plug In America.

It was on the news a couple weeks ago maybe you can access channel 7 ABC Omaha station to gain access to that information. This article might help, Nebraska is adjusting to the change. Home ->N. PDF Electric Vehicles in Nebraska-Plug In America.
So you have a big nothing. That is what I thought, thanks.

Forum List

Back