California Bill Would Protect Unlicensed Drivers From Arrest

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
His bill will allow those convicted of DUIs and that have their licenses pulled, to drive. Legal immigrants may buy insurance, but ILLEGAL immigrants do not. Why should they? Once they’ve caused an accident while driving drunk, they just run away from the scene. What I want to know is are there any Hispanic politicians in California who are loyal Americans, supporters of the laws they swore to uphold, and don’t think that they are Mexicans on a mission from God to reconquer the state for Mexico?

Calif. bill would protect unlicensed drivers from arrest

The legislation by Assemblyman Gil Cedillo, D-Los Angeles, would change police procedures at drunken-driving checkpoints, prohibiting officers from arresting drivers and immediately impounding their cars if their only offense is not having a license.

Supporters say the bill, AB353, would impose a consistent policy statewide - some agencies confiscate unlicensed drivers' cars now, and some do not - while keeping DUI checkpoints from being turned into traps for otherwise law-abiding illegal immigrants who cannot obtain licenses.

"In most parts of California, you basically have to have a car," said Mark Silverman, director of immigration policy at the Immigrant Legal Resource Center. "You have to be able to drive to survive, to get anywhere. Because of that, the truth is, immigrant drivers without licenses will be driving anyway because of the necessity. The towing of cars will not stop people from driving."

more in link

Oh please!

Supporters say the bill, AB353, would impose a consistent policy statewide - some agencies confiscate unlicensed drivers' cars now, and some do not - while keeping DUI checkpoints from being turned into traps for otherwise law-abiding illegal immigrants who cannot obtain licenses.

Anyone see an issue with this?

Rosenberg said the solution isn't to allow illegal immigrants to drive without licenses, but to make it legal for them to take the proper tests and get licenses.

Thank you Sanctuary San Fransisco, home to Pelosi!

barf!

Yea and they keep voting for her. Don't understand the mentality of Northern California residents. And I don't think any Hispanic representative in Calif. has the American people at heart in anything they do.

It is the responsibility of the Federal Government to secure our borders and enforce immigration policy.

California countries spent a considerable amount of dollars on the arrest, detention, and court process of foreign nationals who have entered our state illegally. The state of CA houses many foreign nationals in our prisons at considerable cost to the taxpayers.

Why hasn't the Congress acted and passed comprehensive immigration reform?

As long as foreign nationals reside in our state, it makes no sense to not allow them to secure CDL's and require that they have insurance, or post a bond, as required by law.

Penalties for driving w/o a CDL can be changed, so that a citation for driving w/o a license becomes a misdemeanor. Cars driven by unlicensed drivers could also be sold as a public nuisance. All of which might adversly effect all of us legally residing here, for simply forgetting our wallet.

The costs and dangers associated with illegal immigration are great, so why isn't the Congress doing something? Have many days has the current Congress been on vacation?

His bill will allow those convicted of DUIs and that have their licenses pulled, to drive. Legal immigrants may buy insurance, but ILLEGAL immigrants do not. Why should they? Once they’ve caused an accident while driving drunk, they just run away from the scene. What I want to know is are there any Hispanic politicians in California who are loyal Americans, supporters of the laws they swore to uphold, and don’t think that they are Mexicans on a mission from God to reconquer the state for Mexico?

The legislation by Assemblyman Gil Cedillo, D-Los Angeles, would change police procedures at drunken-driving checkpoints, prohibiting officers from arresting drivers and immediately impounding their cars if their only offense is not having a license.

"In most parts of California, you basically have to have a car," said Mark Silverman, director of immigration policy at the Immigrant Legal Resource Center. "You have to be able to drive to survive, to get anywhere. Because of that, the truth is, immigrant drivers without licenses will be driving anyway because of the necessity. The towing of cars will not stop people from driving."

more in link

Pretty pathetic. So much for equal protection, and rule of law. California is losing it fast.

It is the responsibility of the Federal Government to secure our borders and enforce immigration policy.

California countries spent a considerable amount of dollars on the arrest, detention, and court process of foreign nationals who have entered our state illegally. The state of CA houses many foreign nationals in our prisons at considerable cost to the taxpayers.

As long as foreign nationals reside in our state, it makes no sense to not allow them to secure CDL's and require that they have insurance, or post a bond, as required by law.

Penalties for driving w/o a CDL can be changed, so that a citation for driving w/o a license becomes a misdemeanor. Cars driven by unlicensed drivers could also be sold as a public nuisance. All of which might adversly effect all of us legally residing here, for simply forgetting our wallet.

The costs and dangers associated with illegal immigration are great, so why isn't the Congress doing something? Have many days has the current Congress been on vacation?

All of which might adversly effect all of us legally residing here, for simply forgetting our wallet.
False argument.

Why doesn't CA just give every illegal a house, car, and job, all on the taxpayer's dime?

And liberals wonder why people say they're soft on crime. :cool:

And you wonder why I usually ignore you? Daveboy, soft on crime I'm not.

You resort to hyperbole because you can only comprehend simple issues with simple solutions; immigration reform is complex, and The Congress failing to tackle this issue has created serous problems for local and state agencies at great cost to the taxpayers.

All of which might adversly effect all of us legally residing here, for simply forgetting our wallet.
False argument.

Really. Did I miss something? This is the second time in a day or two you've suggested my reasoning is false w/o offering a correction. Please explain, otherwise I might conclude your daveboy in drag.

Why doesn't CA just give every illegal a house, car, and job, all on the taxpayer's dime?

You resort to hyperbole because you can only comprehend simple issues with simple solutions; immigration reform is complex, and The Congress failing to tackle this issue has created serous problems for local and state agencies at great cost to the taxpayers.
You bitch at Congress for not reforming immigration law, when the laws we have aren't being enforced and your own state rewards criminals, and you call ME simple?

Yes, you're soft on crime. Why are you not demanding your state government stop rewarding illegals?

more in link
Cedillo is called "One Bill Gill" out here.....all this fucker cares about is Licenses for Illegals.....and he will get shot down and come up with yet another type of Bill to give Illegals Licenses....this being yet another.....the guy is more of a Mexican Legislator than an American one.....

What is wrong with drunken irresponsible lying fraudulent cheats gettting punished? Only in California would THIS be an issue. This is soooo friggin' stupid.

Last edited:
All the latino legislators are there to look after Mexico. Why? California has already handed over the Golden State to Mexico on a silver platter. If you don't believe it, come visit us sometime.

USAR, did you tell us elsewhere this week what happened to the suit to get the vaulted BC of Obama?

You bitch at Congress for not reforming immigration law, when the laws we have aren't being enforced and your own state rewards criminals, and you call ME simple?

Yes, you're soft on crime. Why are you not demanding your state government stop rewarding illegals?
I guess he doesn't want to stop rewarding illegals.

Oh please!

Anyone see an issue with this?

Rosenberg said the solution isn't to allow illegal immigrants to drive without licenses, but to make it legal for them to take the proper tests and get licenses.

Thank you Sanctuary San Fransisco, home to Pelosi!

barf!

What exactly is a...

...otherwise law-abiding illegal immigrants...?

If I am not allowed to drive without a license.... why should people who are already criminals be allowed to drive without a license?

Forum List

Back