California ballot iniatives will increase the crime rate there....why do they do these things?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This is just insane....

California Voters Once Again Vote For More Crime & Less Freedom

Prop 57
Near the top of that list, in order of importance, is Prop 57. I have written about this proposition in the past, and discussed how it will release thousands of “non-violent” violent felons from prison. The way the proposition does that is by essentially reclassifying the following list of violent felonies as “non-violent.”

• Rape by intoxication
  • Rape of an unconscious person
  • Human Trafficking involving sex acts with minors
  • Domestic Violence involving trauma
  • Failing to register as a sex offender
  • Lewd acts against a child
  • Drive-by shooting
  • Assault with a deadly weapon
  • Hostage taking
  • Attempting to explode a bomb at a hospital or school
  • Supplying a firearm to a gang member
  • Hate crime causing physical injury
  • Arson
  • Discharging a firearm on school grounds
  • False imprisonment of an elder through violence
With the passage of Prop 57, felons sitting in prison who were convicted of those suddenly no longer violent crimes are now eligible for early release.

You know, because back when the state released thousands of felons under AB109, that had no detrimental effects on public safety (sarcasm). Just like two years ago when the California voters passed Prop 47 which reducing many crimes that were previously felonies down to misdemeanors, making it impossible for law enforcement to take the criminals to jail. Many of those reclassified crimes have very real effects on average citizens who end the victims of those crimes, silly little crimes such as business burglaries, vehicle theft (depending on the value of the car), and theft of firearms. Again, the passage of that has had very little negative repercussions, unless you consider that whole 12% increase in violent crime all over the state in just one year.

Read more: California Voters Once Again Vote For More Crime & Less Freedom

States rights, move and vote there if you're upset.

Not upset twit......they can let all the murderers out if they want........just wondering why the morons there keep doing it....

States rights, move and vote there if you're upset.

Not upset twit......they can let all the murderers out if they want........just wondering why the morons there keep doing it....

Guess you'll have to get used to being perplexed, I would have thought you'd be used to that by now.
The wisest man who ever lived said, before he died, "I only know I know nothing." It is the ignorant, the shallow, the child-like, the provincial, the uneducated, and the stupid who know everything about everything.

Forum List

Back