Cali, the Open Borders state has the least open Borders in America.

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
Cali is all about sanctuary cities and Open Borders right.

Well As a former 48 State Trucker I have to ask one thing. Find this kind of Funny. Why is California the only state in the Union where you can not just drive from one state to another with out a check point? That's right with all other 47 Lower States you can drive from one to another and not even notice if you don't read the sign, But if you try to enter California you have to stop, and can be checked for Certain produce and wild Life, among "other" things.

always found that strange. When ever I took a load to Cali I was strange feeling like I was going into another country when I entered a State of the United States.

Well As a former 48 State Trucker I have to ask one thing. Find this kind of Funny. Why is California the only state in the Union where you can not just drive from one state to another with out a check point? That's right with all other 47 Lower States you can drive from one to another and not even notice if you don't read the sign, But if you try to enter California you have to stop, and can be checked for Certain produce and wild Life, among "other" things.

always found that strange. When ever I took a load to Cali I was strange feeling like I was going into another country when I entered a State of the United States.

That's odd.

When I drove from CA to AZ (in 74), I was stopped by the AZ police at the border to insure that I wasn't bringing in any produce.

I lied of course because I had a DREADED CAlifornia orange with me that I was planning on illegally eating for lunch.

Hey, what can I say?

I'm a scofflaw from way back.

"Papers? You must haff zee papers!"

California is a nanny state. Has been since forever and will continue to be. We are expecting to be inundated with the illegals from Alabama! That will make Jerry Brown soooooooo happy. I'm sure he is already looking into how many perks he will be giving them as a welcome!

we dont want Cooties.....i hope that answers your question.....

Because of the produce business in Ca. they always wanted to protect from any invasive species of insects that could potentially ruin the crops by piggybacking on out of state fruit and veggies. I could see their point.

California Border Protection Stations (BPS):
First Line of Defense in Protecting Our Environment and Resources from Invasive Species

OTAY%20MESA%20SECOND%20INTERNATIONAL%20MEXICO%20BORDER%20CROSSING.JPG

CDFA > Help Protect California - BORDER STATIONS

Someone's stance on the Dream ACT: I think the DREAM Act is a very bad idea, and there are many reasons why.

The most important reason is there is a process for immigrating to the United States already in place. Geography should not factor into the right of a person to break our country’s laws.

Is it a tragedy children are brought to America illegally by their parents to live a life in the shadows of the U.S. However, why didn't the parents of these children make the right decision and apply for citizenship? For themselves and/or their children?

With citizenship comes responsibility, and it seems that is not really the issue.

Free public education, health care and many other benefits are granted to people living in the United States who are not entitled to them. Illegal immigrants receive all of these benefits without renouncing their citizenship or loyalty to their home country, and often slandering those of us who point out their actions as racist or unfeeling.

All of us are immigrants from somewhere. Very few of us can trace our lineage to before Christopher Columbus landed on these shores. Millions have sought a better life, with a hope of freedom and better fortune in this great country.

The difference is their first act in their adopted country was not an illegal one.

In very simplistic terms that any parent will understand, suppose you have three children. The middle child gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar, is sufficiently scolded and instructed to stay out of the cookie jar. Moments later, you catch the child with several cookies, including one half eaten.

According to the DREAM Act, you would have to give this child the cookies. But wait. What about the other two children? The ones who followed the rules?

Those two get nothing, as the cookies are now all gone, taken by the child who broke the rules and was rewarded for doing so.

Bill rewards illegals who break rules | FLORIDA TODAY | floridatoday.com

Rewarding bad behavior is the rule of many countries. It seems that rule came to the USA many moons ago. It is now too late.

Forum List

Back