CAIR - White House Causing 'Islamophobia'

red states rule

May 30, 2006
The whiners from CAIR are at it again. It is not the fault of terrorists. It is not the fault of radical Muslims. It is Pres Bush's fault

CAIR blames White House for boosting 'Islamophobia'
By Audrey Hudson and Sara A. Carter
July 18, 2007

A Muslim civil rights group yesterday blamed the Bush administration for promoting "Islamophobia" and said the "war on terror" won't stop terrorists.

"The new perception is that the United States has entered a war with Islam itself," said Parvez Ahmed, chairman of the national board of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).

"Terrorism is a tactic. You cannot eradicate it by declaring a war against it. The war on terror is causing us infinitely more harm than the terrorists could have ever imagined."

Mr. Ahmed, who spoke at a CAIR symposium at the National Press Club, said the war against terrorists is driven by an "irrational" fear that the Bush administration has inculcated in the American public. The chance of being killed in a terrorist attack, he said, is 1 in 80,000 over a lifetime.

"It is important to bear in mind that terrorists cannot destroy America," he said, appearing on a panel discussing the symposium theme, "Attacking Islam: Implications for Social Cohesion and U.S. Relations with the Muslim World." The U.S., he said, is too powerful and too resourceful for terrorists to defeat.

The Bush administration's policies in Iraq have driven a deep wedge between Muslims and non-Muslims in the United States, he said.

"Policies driven by fear will be naturally irrational. Thus, in this state of irrationality, the Bush administration, often through their surrogates, have resorted to fear-mongering. This has unleashed a vicious cycle, one in which fear leads to bad policies and bad policies lead to more fear.

"The popular discourse in America today remains mired in stereotypical denouncements about Islam. As a result, Muslims and their faith remained misunderstood, feared and shunned."

for the complete article

http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070718/NATION/107180076/1001

"The new perception is that the United States has entered a war with Islam itself," said Parvez Ahmed, chairman of the national board of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).

"Terrorism is a tactic. You cannot eradicate it by declaring a war against it. The war on terror is causing us infinitely more harm than the terrorists could have ever imagined."
No shit, of course we are in a war against Islam, and not "terrorism" per se.

Mr. Ahmed, who spoke at a CAIR symposium at the National Press Club, said the war against terrorists is driven by an "irrational" fear that the Bush administration has inculcated in the American public. The chance of being killed in a terrorist attack, he said, is 1 in 80,000 over a lifetime.
I'm sure his friends in AQ are working to change that statistic.

"It is important to bear in mind that terrorists cannot destroy America," he said, appearing on a panel discussing the symposium theme, "Attacking Islam: Implications for Social Cohesion and U.S. Relations with the Muslim World." The U.S., he said, is too powerful and too resourceful for terrorists to defeat.
Terrorism itself would probably not be able to defeat America, but liberalism sure as hell can. Liberalism and Terrorism are great allies in the War on America.

The Bush administration's policies in Iraq have driven a deep wedge between Muslims and non-Muslims in the United States, he said.
Thats because non-Muslims have nothing in common with Muslims. Iraq has nothing to do with it. If anyone likes the idea of freedom, its not going to mesh with Islam.

"Policies driven by fear will be naturally irrational. Thus, in this state of irrationality, the Bush administration, often through their surrogates, have resorted to fear-mongering. This has unleashed a vicious cycle, one in which fear leads to bad policies and bad policies lead to more fear.
Yes, God forbid anyone actually be afraid of a maniac muslim terrorist blowing more poeple up. I guess all the killings we see everyday in Iraq by terrorists aren't happening. 9/11 never happened. Its just Bush and his policies that are making us feel this way!

"The popular discourse in America today remains mired in stereotypical denouncements about Islam. As a result, Muslims and their faith remained misunderstood, feared and shunned."
Muslims and their faith are all to well understood, hence why they find themselves shunned by most people.

No shit, of course we are in a war against Islam, and not "terrorism" per se.

Really? Than why are Muslim countries our allies in the WoT?

I'm sure his friends in AQ are working to change that statistic.

Any evidence for this claim?

Terrorism itself would probably not be able to defeat America, but liberalism sure as hell can. Liberalism and Terrorism are great allies in the War on America.

You are a fucking moron. I doubt you even know what Liberalism is.

Thats because non-Muslims have nothing in common with Muslims. Iraq has nothing to do with it. If anyone likes the idea of freedom, its not going to mesh with Islam.

Actually there are plenty of Muslims in this country who are fully integrated with American society and have a definine idea of freedom.

Yes, God forbid anyone actually be afraid of a maniac muslim terrorist blowing more poeple up. I guess all the killings we see everyday in Iraq by terrorists aren't happening. 9/11 never happened. Its just Bush and his policies that are making us feel this way!

Congratulations on completely misinterpreting them.

Muslims and their faith are all to well understood, hence why they find themselves shunned by most people.

Shunned by bigots by you perhaps, but most people are more accepting.

I'd say that most countries whose governments that are helping us are doing so under great protest by their people. Do you honestly believe that the good 'ol folks support the US in its "WoT"?

Um, everytime they try to blow people up?

lol. Thats the best defense you can come up with for liberalism?

Actually there are plenty of Muslims in this country who are fully integrated with American society and have a definine idea of freedom.
Right, thats why most Muslims in this country disagree with our policies, kinda like you do.

Misinterpreting who?

Shunned by bigots by you perhaps, but most people are more accepting
Awww, does this mean we can't be friends?

I'd say that most countries whose governments that are helping us are doing so under great protest by their people. Do you honestly believe that the good 'ol folks support the US in its "WoT"?

Some do, some don't. Of course actions like Gitmo and Abu Ghraib have turned popular opinion in many states against the US. But at the beginning before we were committing atrocities, many Muslim populaces were behind the US.

Um, everytime they try to blow people up?

The claim that AQ is his friend.

lol. Thats the best defense you can come up with for liberalism?

Considering I am arguing with someone who obviously doesn't know what it is, and is just posting rhetorical bullshit, yes. If I thought you were generally interested in it instead of just wanting to get your rocks off trashing something you know nothing about perhaps I would have bothered really explaining it. But I know you won't read it.

Right, thats why most Muslims in this country disagree with our policies, kinda like you do.

Most Americans Muslim or not disagree with our policies. Thats because the Bush Administration is a royal fuckup.

Misinterpreting who?

The article.

Awww, does this mean we can't be friends?
[/quote]

Not at all. I'm sure this disease of idiocy you have is curable.

What the hell is in the water in Texas that makes these people so stupid?

Considering I am arguing with someone who obviously doesn't know what it is, and is just posting rhetorical bullshit, yes. If I thought you were generally interested in it instead of just wanting to get your rocks off trashing something you know nothing about perhaps I would have bothered really explaining it. But I know you won't read it.

Right, I know nothing about liberalism. Glad you're here to tell me these things. Considering I grew up in the liberal armpit of the world, southern California, I think I know plenty about liberalism and its goals. I went to school with a bunch of mexicans, many of which I watched piss away their free taxpayer paid educations because playing 'lil gangsta was more important to them. I know nothing of liberalism, even though just about every day I read their blogs and their illogical rantings. I know nothing about liberalism, even though I supported Clinton during the '90s.

Sorry to burst your bubble slapnuts, but I know all to well about liberalism.
But I liked your speech, it was entertaining. :eusa_clap:

The day we found out who was responsible and what country they were hiding in. We should have just put the president saying see ya. You support terrorism then you have commited an act of war on my country. And then we should have nuked the shit out of their capital citites. I guarantee they would say ok I'm done i dont want any more. Thats what the japanese did after hiroshima and nagasiki. They started it they attacked Pearl Harbor. Then decided to back down like the pussies they are

Shunned by bigots by you perhaps, but most people are more accepting.

Islam is a blast

"Policies driven by fear will be naturally irrational."

Let's see...

I'm afraid of being arrested, so I don't commit crime. Irrational?
I'm afraid of splitting open my head, so I wear a helmet. Irrational?
I'm afraid of getting beaten up, so I don't mouth off to men bigger than me. Irrational?

Nah.

Forum List

Back