Cain remarks regarding 2 people in the GOP debate that booed Soldier's QUESTION?

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
WASHINGTON -- Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain said Sunday that he should not have stayed silent after the audience at a GOP debate booed a gay soldier serving in Iraq.
The Georgia businessman told ABC's "This Week" that it would have been "appropriate" for him to have defended the soldier. None of the candidates on stage at the Sept. 22 forum responded to the boos.

"In retrospect, because of the controversy it has created and because of the different interpretations that it could have had, yes, that probably -- that would have been appropriate," Cain said, when asked if he should have asked the audience to respect the soldier.
Cain said it wasn't immediately clear to him what had drawn the audience's scorn, adding, "I happen to think that maybe they were booing the whole 'don't ask, don't tell' repeal more so than booing that soldier."

Cain: I Should've Defended Gay Soldier From Boos At Debate | Fox News

Barry is out there right now campaigning on this--basically stating that we had all of the GOP candidates standing up there--not defending this gay soldier--BLA--BLA--BLA. Acting as if the WHOLE audience was in agreement--when it's clear on video recording that it was 1 or two people who were'n't booing the soldier--BUT only BOOED the QUESTION asked.

HERE IS THE VIDEO:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuqFkbLkST4]GOP Debate Audience Members Boo Gay Solider - YouTube[/ame]

The repeal of DADT--is here to stay--PERIOD. And personally I have no problem with Gays serving in our military. In the past if gays were outed on their sexual preference they were booted out of the military. That's what the repeal of DADT is all about. It's simply a protection for them that should their sexual preference be known--that they can no longer get booted. And I am fine with that.

But--I am also sick and tired of debates getting diverted into social issues. We have a huge social issue in this country right now that is affecting 15 million unemployed--another 25% considered underemployed--a sky-rocketing deficit--an enormous--wreck less out of control spending government--and that's what I want our candidates to TALK about--BECAUSE these issues affects every single American in this country.

Herman Cain should have realized what the 2 boo's were about too. THE QUESTION. Instead he got cornered into another discussion that the leftwing media constantly goes after. If it's not gay rights--then it's going to be about abortion--:cuckoo:

Last edited:
It comes to something when people cannot make their feelings known towards a question.... if they had been booing the man, I'd object to it too. But the facts are they were not.

Should have, would have, could have..

Obama's picked up on this as well.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/187816-you-want-to-be-commander-in-chief.html

Telling a lie often enough does'nt make it the truth.... :eusa_whistle:

The boo's were directed at the question asked.... NOT the soldier.

I've watch plenty of debates..and quite honestly I can't remember this sort of behavior from audiences.

At most you see polite claps at the end of a statement.

They aren't doing themselves any favors. Booing the "question" (Which I don't believe they were booing) or the Soldier. And the candidates should have reacted better to that.

At least the moderators should have said something.

Forum List

Back