Cain lost a lot of my respect tonight

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I saw him before the debate CLEARLY say he could see himself releasing all the terrorists in gitmo for one US soldier. Then during the debate he waffled and it didn't go over well. Then in the post debate he claimed he misspoke.

I'm sorry but that's not the kind of conviction I'm looking for nor is it a sane position. We have a man that double speaks now and I'm sad to say I'm quite sure he wouldn't trade hundreds of terrorists for one soldier. Truth in honesty.

It makes me mad because Cain seemed like he could pull something together but after tonight I just don't trust his judgement. Hell I trust the rhino that is Romney more now and that's saying something. I still like the root of his 9-9-9 plan but that's not gonna buy my vote.

I have said all along, he is not a professional. I like a lot of what he says but that isn't the same as being able to deliver on any of it. He is almost the GOP's Obama, just with a decent resume.

I have said all along, he is not a professional. I like a lot of what he says but that isn't the same as being able to deliver on any of it. He is almost the GOP's Obama, just with a decent resume.

Plus, you've made it clear how you feel about black people in positions of power.

Plus, you've made it clear how you feel about black people in positions of power.

No, actually I've never commented on that.
I will say you're an ignorant stupid shitbag. You can even quote me.

No, actually I've never commented on that.
I will say you're an ignorant stupid shitbag. You can even quote me.

Ya sure did.

I saw him before the debate CLEARLY say he could see himself releasing all the terrorists in gitmo for one US soldier. Then during the debate he waffled and it didn't go over well. Then in the post debate he claimed he misspoke.

I'm sorry but that's not the kind of conviction I'm looking for nor is it a sane position. We have a man that double speaks now and I'm sad to say I'm quite sure he wouldn't trade hundreds of terrorists for one soldier. Truth in honesty.

It makes me mad because Cain seemed like he could pull something together but after tonight I just don't trust his judgement. Hell I trust the rhino that is Romney more now and that's saying something. I still like the root of his 9-9-9 plan but that's not gonna buy my vote.

But Cain sold a lot of books and increased his speaking fees, his two main goals.

I will give him a mis-step or two. They all make them.

Nobody's perfect.

If we were looking for perfection, as the libs here tell us, we'd all vote for the re-election of "The One!"

:lol:

Listen Cain is not a politican, and he is a conservative, who's been sucessful....Politics is a buisness in itself, we need someone that knows the business............Im sure we can find someone who is not a politican, a conservative, and has done well on the board, I still wouldn't elect him/her president....these polls showing him in the lead are BS BTW.

Last edited:

But Cain sold a lot of books and increased his speaking fees, his two main goals.

Say what you will the people made him a serious contender. His lack of principals took that away.

Say what you will the people made him a serious contender. His lack of principals took that away.

Sunday Cain said electric fence.

Monday he said he was joking, then he apologized and later he unapologized all on camera.

Nobody's perfect.

If we were looking for perfection, as the libs here tell us, we'd all vote for the re-election of "The One!"

Very true, but a mistep to me is saying there are 57 states. This is a mistep about conviction and moral justification. That's big in my opinion.

If he is the nominee I will accept him over Obama but it will not be my vote that puts him in that position. I will now switch my vote to Newt.

Nobody's perfect.

Very true, but a mistep to me is saying there are 57 states. This is a mistep about conviction and moral justification. That's big in my opinion.

If he is the nominee I will accept him over Obama but it will not be my vote that puts him in that position. I will now switch my vote to Newt.

Newt is a flip-flopping weasel. I'd vote for him ONLY if the GOP nominates him. But it would be with a heavy heart.

I am not sure, frankly, that Mr. Cain even DID flip flop on that prisoner swap answer. When asked by Wolfie Blitzer if he could "see" himself making that kind of call, Mr. Cain said that he COULD "see it," but then he immediately qualified that answer by noting the NEED for ALL the information. Breitbart.tv » Cain On Prisoner Swap: ‘I Could Make That Call’

So it is not clear to me how his debate answer was a "waffle" on his less than 100% firm original answer. But to the extent it was a waffle, then clearly Mr. Cain needs to think it through and clarify (without equivocation) what his position is.

It is not cool to lay claim to both positions. I will grant you that. But again, they all do that crap from time to time.

He will find the path.

Last edited:

If he is the nominee I will accept him over Obama…

You contradict yourself. If Cain’s lack of principles makes him unworthy of your vote to be the GOP nominee, then he’s just as unworthy to be president, if not more so.

For you to be a man of conviction and principle you’ll need to either vote third party/write-in or not at all.

It did seem a bad night for Cain. Here are some things I didn't like:

-- Cain's defense of his 999 plan seemed muddled, particularly when Romney got him going about apples and oranges instead of just saying "Yes, under my plan people would pay both their state sales tax and a federal one".

-- Cain's claim that the analysis was on his website was irking. When I checked earlier, it wasn't there, and the website was not accessible during the debate. Now there does seem to be some new information on the website, which I'm still working through, so perhaps I should give him a pass here.

-- Cain's discussion of the hypothetical hostage situation. I think it's perfectly appropriate here to avoid hypothetical questions, but Cain's explanation was quite (I'm using this word a lot) muddled.

-- Cain somehow managed to get bogged down between yes, maybe, and obviously joking in his discussion of an electrified border fence without ever resolving the issue.

It did seem a bad night for Cain. Here are some things I didn't like:

-- Cain's defense of his 999 plan seemed muddled, particularly when Romney got him going about apples and oranges instead of just saying "Yes, under my plan people would pay both their state sales tax and a federal one".

-- Cain's claim that the analysis was on his website was irking. When I checked earlier, it wasn't there, and the website was not accessible during the debate. Now there does seem to be some new information on the website, which I'm still working through, so perhaps I should give him a pass here.

-- Cain's discussion of the hypothetical hostage situation. I think it's perfectly appropriate here to avoid hypothetical questions, but Cain's explanation was quite (I'm using this word a lot) muddled.

-- Cain somehow managed to get bogged down between yes, maybe, and obviously joking in his discussion of an electrified border fence without ever resolving the issue.

You're a self-described progressive and liberal. Why would your opinions even be valid in this matter??

Forum List

Back