Cain/Gingrich ticket?

clevergirl

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2009
It was Cain who gained the most – up into third place with a 7.7 point gain – and Gingrich, up 3.7 points to fourth place who were the big winners, said Silver.

I would think a Cain/Gingrich ticket would be formidable. Newt would be the perfect VP to work with Congress in getting things done. Cain an affable and intelligent man who understands economic realities as they relate to job creation.

Both are from Georgia. Both come from humble beginnings. Both are intelligent and hard working.

Though, I will vote for Anyone But Obama 2012

I don't think it's constitutional to have a President and vice president from the same state. Anyone know?

What will the Blacks do in the voting booth? With the Big 0 vs. any white guy, there's no contest.

With two Black guys on the ballot, we're probably going to have heads blowing up in the voting booths. If for nothing else than watching the CBC doing yoga exercises to explain why it's racist to vote for a REPUBLICAN Black man, I would love to see this.

I'd be particularly amused to watch Maxine Waters explaining why a Black man who is a Republican is not really Black. The hypocracy would be delightful!

I have just found my favorite.

Thank you.

I don't think it's constitutional to have a President and vice president from the same state. Anyone know?

I would consult the 12th Amendment...

But as to from the same State? I don't think there is a precident.

(The 12th established that two distinct votes be cast from electors one for President, one for Vice President as to dodge what happened with Burr and Hamilton in the 1800 election).

I'm thinking Romney/Cain. Much more formidable. Both business savvy.. One white, one black, one mormon, one christian.. Whoop. Both rich, no need for class war.. Yup.

I learned something I never knew before.

It appears it will never happen, not because it is illegal, but because Georgia has too many electoral votes. Electoral votes have to be split if both candidates on the ticket hail from the same state. It would be political stupidity to give Obama 7 electoral votes.

That would be a dream ticket to most conservatives and a nightmare to most liberals. I would want Herman at the top.

I think America is ready for sound practical ideas, of which to me, the most problematic is 9/9/9. That was intro'd as a gimmick before it was sufficiently thought out. It would be, will be a thorn in Cain's saddle.

Last edited:
OK- Since electoral votes will make a Cain/Gingrich alliance unlikely. Just looking at the hopefuls I would like to see a cabinet like this. Mind you I know there are other qualified persons. This is just using current candidates.

President- Cain or Romney -both would be focused on economic recovery

V.P.- Cain or Romney

Secretary of State- Santorum- strong on foreign policy

White House Chief of Staff- Gingrich (because of his particular gifts he'd be more useful domestically then as Secretary of State)

What will the Blacks do in the voting booth? With the Big 0 vs. any white guy, there's no contest.

With two Black guys on the ballot, we're probably going to have heads blowing up in the voting booths. If for nothing else than watching the CBC doing yoga exercises to explain why it's racist to vote for a REPUBLICAN Black man, I would love to see this.

I'd be particularly amused to watch Maxine Waters explaining why a Black man who is a Republican is not really Black. The hypocracy would be delightful!

Thank you.

You represent conservatives well.

It appears it will never happen, not because it is illegal, but because Georgia has too many electoral votes. Electoral votes have to be split if both candidates on the ticket hail from the same state. It would be political stupidity to give Obama 7 electoral votes.

It wouldn’t make any difference given your ticket configuration. Those seven votes would be a drop in the ocean.

That would be a dream ticket to most conservatives and a nightmare to most liberals. I would want Herman at the top.

Actually it would be a dream ticket for the democrats.

OK- Since electoral votes will make a Cain/Gingrich alliance unlikely. Just looking at the hopefuls I would like to see a cabinet like this. Mind you I know there are other qualified persons. This is just using current candidates.

V.P.- Cain or Romney

White House Chief of Staff- Gingrich (because of his particular gifts he'd be more useful domestically then as Secretary of State)

Sorry, however the right cuts it, it still spells an Obama victory.

Too American.

Liberals will never like it.

How about Cain / Goering.

That they'd approve of.

Thank you.

It wouldn’t make any difference given your ticket configuration. Those seven votes would be a drop in the ocean.

V.P.- Cain or Romney

Arrogant much?

Thank you.

V.P.- Cain or Romney

In a close race 7 electoral votes would be significant. I do not think it will be an easy victory- but a victory for the GOP and therefor for the country, is not in doubt- Obama is going down.

Thank you.

V.P.- Cain or Romney

In a close race 7 electoral votes would be significant. I do not think it will be an easy victory- but a victory for the GOP and therefor for the country, is not in doubt- Obama is going down.
The 'OldGuard' Repubes had better come to be resigned to the fact that thier days are numbered.

It was Cain who gained the most – up into third place with a 7.7 point gain – and Gingrich, up 3.7 points to fourth place who were the big winners, said Silver.

I would think a Cain/Gingrich ticket would be formidable. Newt would be the perfect VP to work with Congress in getting things done. Cain an affable and intelligent man who understands economic realities as they relate to job creation.

Both are from Georgia. Both come from humble beginnings. Both are intelligent and hard working.

An amazing thought. Even to voice this as a murmur would have heads exploding in the DNC.

I think I am just about ready to throw in behind Cain. I have a very long cold winter ahead of me, one tv station now, and a whole lotta time on my hands up and coming.

I like him. And I think I actually trust him. This is a new feeling I haven't felt in years. I think I trust Cain.

I just want to vett his backers. I'll work on that in the coming weeks. I want to see who is putting money in his coffers.

The man seems solid. I know and admire his track record. It's now down to me vetting his backers before I throw in.

An amazing thought. Even to voice this as a murmur would have heads exploding in the DNC.

I think I am just about ready to throw in behind Cain. I have a very long cold winter ahead of me, one tv station now, and a whole lotta time on my hands up and coming.

I like him. And I think I actually trust him. This is a new feeling I haven't felt in years. I think I trust Cain.

I just want to vett his backers. I'll work on that in the coming weeks. I want to see who is putting money in his coffers.

The man seems solid. I know and admire his track record. It's now down to me vetting his backers before I throw in.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa-2UcE712M]Herman Cain with Jay Leno - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back