Cain: Black community 'brainwashed' into voting for Dems

ladyliberal

Progressive Princess
Aug 5, 2011
(I can't find a thread on this yet, so...)

TRENDING: Cain: Black community ‘brainwashed’ into voting for Dems – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"African-Americans have been brainwashed into not being open minded, not even considering a conservative point of view," Cain said on CNN's "The Situation Room" in an interview airing Wednesday between 5-7 p.m. ET. "I have received some of that same vitriol simply because I am running for the Republican nomination as a conservative. So it's just brainwashing and people not being open minded, pure and simple."

Cain wasn't going to get the nomination anyway, but to me this really feels like a gaffe. Part of that is probably that it reminds me of George Romney's "brainwashing" gaffe (George Romney presidential campaign, 1968 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Obscure historical references aside, Cain's comments seem offensive, and I doubt his own race is going to give him much cover. I think the only acceptable position for a politician asking for votes is to respect the voters, and he failed to do that. Pleading for open-mindedness would have been fine, but he went too far.

The reason for this is because we as black people generally do not like self hating. Cain really thinks he is "in" with the republicans. He needs to open his eyes.

Republicans can now say, one of my best non relevant republican friend is black.

Obama 2012! See my sig.

The reason for this is because we as black people generally do not like self hating. Cain really thinks he is "in" with the republicans. He needs to open his eyes.

Republicans can now say, one of my best non relevant republican friend is black.

Obama 2012! See my sig.

Wow... disappointing

Obama 2012! See my sig.

You've been brainwashed.

The only person that isn't in is the one that excluded himself from the start.

Cain is perfectly acceptable to Republicans or Conservatives...mainly because he makes sense. We don't give a flying fuck what race you are.

Btw, Most Crackers in the South always vote Democrap.

I know!!!

I was shocked to hear that as well.

Last edited:

Obama 2012! See my sig.

You've been brainwashed.

Cain is perfectly acceptable to Republicans or Conservatives...mainly because he makes sense. We don't give a flying fuck what race he is.

I dont either..but HE WILL NEVER WIN THE REPUBLICAN NOMINATION. Ever! The south already said they will never vote in a mormon, let alone a black man.

Obama 2012!

Cain was absolutely right. It is unfortunate that people allow themselves to be brainwashed, but it happens to every segment of our country.

How many decide to be republican because it feels "more elite" when the richest people are Democrats? The most generous people are Republicans for they give more to charities , so just who is more socially concerned?

Brainwashing happens all the time. Shame on all of us for not being open minded and making our own decisions by listening to all...

How many would never vote for Obama or Cain because of their color. Shame, shame, shame.

Last edited:

Obama 2012! See my sig.

You've been brainwashed.

Cain is perfectly acceptable to Republicans or Conservatives...mainly because he makes sense. We don't give a flying fuck what race he is.

I dont either..but HE WILL NEVER WIN THE REPUBLICAN NOMINATION. Ever! The south already said they will never vote in a mormon, let alone a black man.

Obama 2012!

I live in the South. I don't hear that at all.

You're lying of course.

You've been brainwashed.

Obama 2012!

You're lying of course.
You sound like you are pretty serious here. Cool. Wanna bulletin board bet Obama will lose in 2012?

See my sig. I will be happy to ad your name to the bet. So far Liability is the only one to man up. (Here is the deal though, if you lose, you can come back with a different name...)

Wanna bet Obama will win or lose?

You know damn well Cain wont be the republican nominee. Two weeks ago, he was going to drop out, this poll made him stay. Two weeks ago, Bachmann was the one! Wha happened?

Obama 2012! See my sig.

You've been brainwashed.

Obama 2012!

Who was it that took the nation in 2008 again?

Obama 2012! See my sig.

What an ignorant thing to say.

It's democrats who, like you, are always focused on the color of a persons skin and not the content of his character.

TRENDING: Cain: Black community ‘brainwashed’ into voting for Dems – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"African-Americans have been brainwashed into not being open minded, not even considering a conservative point of view," Cain said on CNN's "The Situation Room" in an interview airing Wednesday between 5-7 p.m. ET. "I have received some of that same vitriol simply because I am running for the Republican nomination as a conservative. So it's just brainwashing and people not being open minded, pure and simple."

Cain wasn't going to get the nomination anyway, but to me this really feels like a gaffe. Part of that is probably that it reminds me of George Romney's "brainwashing" gaffe (George Romney presidential campaign, 1968 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Obscure historical references aside, Cain's comments seem offensive, and I doubt his own race is going to give him much cover. I think the only acceptable position for a politician asking for votes is to respect the voters, and he failed to do that. Pleading for open-mindedness would have been fine, but he went too far.
Yeah, that will get him a lot of black votes. You're brainwashed, vote for me. The man is a genius. :cuckoo:

Look at all Dems have done for blacks!!!

Tuskegee Syphilis Experiments!

Held up Civil Rights Act for 7 whole Years!

Public Housing!

Fatherless Households!

Public Education!

16% Unemployment!

50% dropout rates!

Like he was going to get a lot of Black Votes to begin with. he is right, they are brainwashed, or Fooled, what ever you want to call it. They believe Democrats are looking out for them, when the truth is Democrats want to keep Blacks right where they are, struggling and Dependent on Democrats in Office.

Pretty funny watching a Bunch of White Liberals getting offended and Judging a Black man, for what he says about his own Race.

I don't believe that black support Democrats, I think its the Dem inner city Vote Fraud machinery that gins up the support to 90+%

Obama 2012!

You're lying of course.
You sound like you are pretty serious here. Cool. Wanna bulletin board bet Obama will lose in 2012?

See my sig. I will be happy to ad your name to the bet. So far Liability is the only one to man up. (Here is the deal though, if you lose, you can come back with a different name...)

Wanna bet Obama will win or lose?

You know damn well Cain wont be the republican nominee. Two weeks ago, he was going to drop out, this poll made him stay. Two weeks ago, Bachmann was the one! Wha happened?
it's called a primary Einstein !!:cuckoo:

I live in Georgia. I've heard Herman Cain speak on more than one occasion. He's a great man with an incredible sense of self worth. He's come a long way from very humble beginnings. His parents taught him hard work and a good education is what makes anything and everything possible. I never even noticed that he was black until someone mentioned it. He certainly has a much better kinship with most black people in the USA, much more so than the Divider-in-Chief that now occupies the White House.

Go Herman, you have the whole world in your hands and heart!! I'd vote for him in nothing flat, what does that mean? :confused:

Last edited:

I am not at all surprised to see comments already popping up attacking Democrats and attacking the Black Community.

I am also not surprised to see NO comments on how Cain or the GOP could benefit the Black Community.

The Democrats aren't perfect, but until the GOP at least TRIES to help the Black Community, African-Americans will continue to favour the Democrats.

New Topics

Forum List

Back