Cain 43%-Obama 41%

As more and more Americans, in particular the Middle Class realizes the true cost of Cain's 9-9-9 with their check-to-check economic environment, Cains numbers will drop like a rock. But then maybe not. Maybe some folks in the Middle Class will think it's great that they get to pay taxes at a higher rate the the rich folks.

Cain's 9-9-9 is by no means set in stone as a slam dunk and would receive and need full consideration and amendement by Congress.

I, like more and more Americans, support Cain's initiative and balls to propose something toward bucking the status quo and spreading Federal taxation more fairly across the economic spectrum.

If Cain picked JC Watts as his running mate - which would be extremely awesome - Liberals would be jumping off fucking buildings!

Imagine that.......the liberals LOSING their "race card"! Cain is black. Obama is black. Watts is black. Holy cow, them black folks are takin' over the country!

As more and more Americans, in particular the Middle Class realizes the true cost of Cain's 9-9-9 with their check-to-check economic environment, Cains numbers will drop like a rock. But then maybe not. Maybe some folks in the Middle Class will think it's great that they get to pay taxes at a higher rate the the rich folks.

You mean if you collect 25,000 a year you should not help by paying 2250 in taxes? that is not much more than state taxes in the N.E.

You also have created a 27% income for the wealthy that that own a small business, they would jump all over it

Job creation would go out of control. I would have had 100,000-120,000 more to have spent in the last 20 years, I am not rich
I pay sales tax in Florida and Texas now

Maybe some folks in the Middle Class will think it's great that they get to pay taxes at a higher rate the the rich folks.

Under a flat or fair tax...or Cain's 999...no one would pay a higher income tax than anyone else. Why do you say the middle class would pay at a higher rate?

I agree...

Republicans would be crazy not to run Cain against Obama

No way Obama could defeat him

The differences between Obama, Romney, and Cain do not appear to be statistically significant. Which one might find surprising, except that earlier polls have found largely the same thing.

Polls have to be taken carefully. Remember when Trump was a leading GOP contender? I think Cain would be a much weaker challenger than Romney in the general election.

Imagine that.......the liberals LOSING their "race card"! Cain is black. Obama is black. Watts is black. Holy cow, them black folks are takin' over the country!

Most Dems over 60 probably still have their white robe and pointy hat stashed in the attic.
This election is going to be a lot of fun. If just 1/3 of blacks were to vote for Cain, the election will look like 1972 Nixon Vs McGovern

What's going to "get worse"?

Did you even bother to read your own link?

Cain leads modestly among men but trails slightly among women.

Obama leads among those under 40, while Cain has the edge among those over 40. The GOP hopeful leads by 16 points among those over 65. In 2008, Republican candidate John McCain won among seniors. Since then, the president’s health care law has been very unpopular among those over 65. Most voters continue to favor its repeal.

Cain attracts only 72% of the Republican vote, while the president earns 82% support from voters in his party. However, Cain leads by 19 among those not affiliated with either major party.

I agree...

Republicans would be crazy not to run Cain against Obama

No way Obama could defeat him

By this time next year with another year of failed policies under his belt, Obama couldn't beat his way out of a wet paper sack. But keep dreaming big little buckaroo!

Maybe some folks in the Middle Class will think it's great that they get to pay taxes at a higher rate the the rich folks.

Under a flat or fair tax...or Cain's 999...no one would pay a higher income tax than anyone else. Why do you say the middle class would pay at a higher rate?

what do you consider middle class/
it would save me about 11%
your talking SS, Medicare, all of it

Obama leads among those under 40, while Cain has the edge among those over 40. The GOP hopeful leads by 16 points among those over 65. In 2008, Republican candidate John McCain won among seniors. Since then, the president’s health care law has been very unpopular among those over 65. Most voters continue to favor its repeal.

Cain attracts only 72% of the Republican vote, while the president earns 82% support from voters in his party. However, Cain leads by 19 among those not affiliated with either major party.

Right now no-one is spending any-time talking about what all Obama has done. I feel in 2012 he will get about 47% of the vote. If he did not have California and New York it would allot lower
look at his approval rating is below 40%

what do you consider middle class/
it would save me about 11%
your talking SS, Medicare, all of it

Cain would eliminate both programs.

Only Cain can creates more jobs.Period.

Right now no-one is spending any-time talking about what all Obama has done. I feel in 2012 he will get about 47% of the vote. If he did not have California and New York it would allot lower
look at his approval rating is below 40%

And his numbers are better then Clinton's were...:eusa_shhh:

You mean if you collect 25,000 a year you should not help by paying 2250 in taxes? that is not much more than state taxes in the N.E.

You also have created a 27% income for the wealthy that that own a small business, they would jump all over it

Job creation would go out of control. I would have had 100,000-120,000 more to have spent in the last 20 years, I am not rich
I pay sales tax in Florida and Texas now

No JRK, I'm referring to this:

Cain’s Sales Tax Would Hurt Consumer Spending

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain’s plan to create a national sales tax would hurt retailers, threaten economic growth and shift the tax burden onto the middle class and poor, tax experts and business groups said.
<snip>
“There will be a noticeable decline in consumer spending for some years,” said Rachelle Bernstein, vice president of the National Retail Federation, based in Washington, in an interview. “We know that that has an impact on consumer spending and GDP.”
Consumer spending accounts for about 70 percent of the U.S. gross domestic product.
<snip>
Ed Kleinbard, a professor of tax law at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, said Cain’s plan would increase the federal tax burden of a family of four making $50,000 a year by $5,100 to $13,500.
Cain
================================
So, I'm referring to people from the Middle Class who are already paying taxes.

Only Cain can creates more jobs.Period.

If Cain's 9-9-9 Plan would reduce consumer spending as many experts predict, how would Cain create more jobs in an economy that is driven by 70% by consumer spending? Supply and Demand needs demand and if consumer spending is reduced, demand is reduced. If demand is reduced so will hirings. As a matter of fact, businesses say they aren't hirng now, because consumer spending is so soft.

Forum List

Back