CA working toward cannabis legalization....

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
This year in November, California is going to put legalization of cannabis for RECREATIONAL purposes on the ballot. Remember, they've already got medical use authorized.

They say that there would be 1 Billion (that's Billion with a "b") in taxable revenue if it passed.

Now, considering the LaGuardia report (commissioned by Nixon), stated cannabis was no worse than alcohol, as well as considering all the exhaustive work done by Harvard Medical and the Royal British Medical Society, I personally think it should be legal.

Besides.......the only reason it was made illegal in the first place was because of the racism of Henry P. Anslinger. He's the one that made it illegal, and the main reason was because Blacks and Hispanics were the main consumers of it.

I think it's time this country changed this racist law.

Absolutely. When that thing passes it's going to be one nice punch in the face to the bullshit ass feds and their tyranny. They'll have a states rights battle on their hands in no time though, which will be interesting to watch. The best way for that to be handled though is for enough states to start passing decriminalization and legalization legislation across the board. I've been working with activists in Maryland for a while now... but we need a new governor, seriously.

Regardless the drug war is unconstitutional, immoral, and costs tax payers billions of dollars to lock up people through unconstitutional means for crimes they commit to themselves. It effects almost every fabric of urban life. The vast majority of young men incarcerated every year are incarcerated for drug-related crimes. Mass incarceration, leads to mass drop out rates, joblessness, homelessness, gang violence and the nanny welfare state is formed where people are forced to rely on the government for sustaining, costing even more tax dollars of the foolish values voters who believe that it's the will of "Jaysus" for the US to protect people from themselves. It's a real f-ed up system that I've seen and lived through, and this little diatribe doesn't even begin to sum up the sick world of the war on drugs. As an activist I've vowed to do whatever I can to stop the war on drugs atrocity. Might even take a trip to California soon... : ) hehehe.

it takes an insane liberal to make the arguement that smoking dope is good,, and smoking cigarettes is not.. holy jeeeezus.

It's racist to not want people, to waste their time getting high and not do anything productive in their life?

Seems the whole Pacific Coast will allow Pot

It's racist to not want people, to waste their time getting high and not do anything productive in their life?

No, you have the right to not want anybody to do anything. However you have no CONSTITUTIONAL right to legislate what people can and cannot do with their own bodies.

Secondly, what is racist is first the origin and the background behind the drug war itself and how it's unfairly targeted African American communities. It is well documented that marijuana prohibition only came about to harm the African American community because it was looked upon as a "black drug".

Today, the VAST majority of problems in most urban communities (gangs, violence, school dropout rates, mass incarceration, AIDs/HIV, poverty, welfare dependency, etc) stem directly or indirectly from the current "War on Drugs", the same way such things stemmed from the prohibition of alcohol in the 20s. It has been a complete disaster in the black and hispanic community more so than in any other community. Which is why as fiscally conservative as I say I am, I'll never sit around and say that the majority of the problems in the city are just simply "black folks fault". This drug war and the overreaching federal government has crippled and the choked the life out of urban areas. Keeping this bullshit going is totally and completely immoral.

it takes an insane liberal to make the arguement that smoking dope is good,, and smoking cigarettes is not.. holy jeeeezus.

I agree. However any state considering the decriminalization of a substance that the feds have no right to prohibit anyway, is a victory for liberty. So... you win some you lose some I guess.

its only a matter of time.....as long as alcohol and cigs are legal....im all for it....they are much more devastating on society and the individual.....

Yep........and cannabis is much less harmful to the body than those 2 substances.

Alcohol and cigarettes can't help with Alzheimer's. Cannabis can.

its only a matter of time.....as long as alcohol and cigs are legal....im all for it....they are much more devastating on society and the individual.....

Yep........and cannabis is much less harmful to the body than those 2 substances.

I don't smoke weed, but I will cheer when it becomes legal. It has been a stupid prohibition anyway. Alcohol does way more behavioral damage to adults than marijuana does. I would argue that marijuana does more behavioral damage to teens though.

This year in November, California is going to put legalization of cannabis for RECREATIONAL purposes on the ballot. Remember, they've already got medical use authorized.

They say that there would be 1 Billion (that's Billion with a "b") in taxable revenue if it passed.

Now, considering the LaGuardia report (commissioned by Nixon), stated cannabis was no worse than alcohol, as well as considering all the exhaustive work done by Harvard Medical and the Royal British Medical Society, I personally think it should be legal.

Besides.......the only reason it was made illegal in the first place was because of the racism of Henry P. Anslinger. He's the one that made it illegal, and the main reason was because Blacks and Hispanics were the main consumers of it.

I think it's time this country changed this racist law.

ROFL... Great idea... just one more way to addle what stands for the minds of C A L I F O R N I A N S . . .

Exactly what do you know about cannabis and it's effects on the human body Infinite Puberty?

By the way, did you know that you can use the plant material left over from the harvest of the buds for rope, cloth, paper, oil, and biofuel?

I don't smoke weed, but I will cheer when it becomes legal. It has been a stupid prohibition anyway. Alcohol does way more behavioral damage to adults than marijuana does. I would argue that marijuana does more behavioral damage to teens though.

it should have the same restrictions as alcohol....no driving.....and if your high and you cause something to happen.....you pay the price....

I heard cannibis makes extremely nice cloth for clothing but never looked into it. Gonna put that on my neglected "to do" list.

Here......I'll even help..........

Go to Sturgis South Dakota during Bike Week. Cruise up and down the main street and check out all the vendors up and down the street, paying close attention to the street area around the Hell's Angels tattoo parlor.

They have a few booths set up with cannabis cloth pants, shirts, sandals and jackets.

You're welcome!

No, the reason that cannabis was made illegal in the first place was because of racist reasons.

Henry P. Anslinger was a very racist man who was looking for a legal way to put all the Blacks and Hispanics in jail. Upon further research, he found out that the main consumers of cannabis were Hispanics and Blacks.

He then created the Marijuana Tax Stamp Act which stated that in order to buy or sell cannabis, you had to have a tax stamp. But, in order to GET a tax stamp, you had to bring in your product to have it issued, as they had to check it, but, since you didn't have a tax stamp when you walked in, you were breaking the law (even though it was the first time you brought in a harvest to be checked for issuance of a tax stamp).

He then ramped up the punishment for cannabis to be at or around the same level as murder.

Might wanna check into the history of it. Also, check out Nixon and his commissioning of the LaGuardia Report.

Legalizing cannabis for the general public is not a good idea. It dulls the "pain of life". The manufacturing sector knows it. I have been around people who have used it to tolerate the long mind-numbing and body-aching hours. Too ripe for abuse.
I think legalizing it for legitimate medical use should be seriously considered.
People need to get over the image of the stoner/hippie loafer image that marijuana invariably conjures up.
When prescribed by a licensed M.D. who knows what they are doing, I think it can help alleviate a lot of pain for certain people. Chemotherapy patients can attest to this. Why anyone would deprive someone of this near 'perfect' drug to somebody going through that is perplexing.
Instead of being smoked, they could extract the active ingredients from the plant and put into an inhaler; much like an asthmatic would use.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back