By way of introduction .....

bodhisattva

Rookie
Sep 25, 2011
I am using my first post as a way to give you an idea of my style and quality as an analyst. In this case it's about boxing. My first post:

Mayweather/Ortiz Championship

Mayweather won the fight. But, not as a champion.

Ortiz lost the fight because he did not abide by the first rule of boxing: Protect yourself at all times.

The Referee Cortez failed to perform one of his major duties: to protect his fighters as much as possible within the rules of boxing.

Overall assessment: Mayweather used two cheapshots prior to the fight: the use of hands during the pre-fight face off. And, have his rep come in deliberately late during the fists wrap-up to psych out Ortiz. During the fight, the legal, but unchampionlike sucker punch. This qualifies Mayweather as 1000 carat arsehole.

Ortiz deliberately head-butted Mayweather. This illegal action resulted in Ortiz losing the fight because subsequently he did not protect himself at all times.

The referee Cortez failed in his duties as a referee, as stated above. Cortez turned out to be a dud.

Do you agree with my assessment ?

One question: Why do you start posting about boxing and call yourself a "bodhisattva"?

• Banned
One question: Why do you start posting about boxing and call yourself a "bodhisattva"?

First post about boxing because I just saw the event on TV.

I used it as an introduction to myself because regardless of the event, the analysis of the event indicates my style and quality as an analyst.

The pedestrian reaction is that this boxing event is low brow entertainment and beneath an intellectual's interest and would not reflect any cerebral qualities.

My choice of the bodhisattva monicker is due to the perception of myself as one deserving of some attention. Preferably positive.

I used it as an introduction to myself because regardless of the event, the analysis of the event indicates my style and quality as an analyst.

The pedestrian reaction is that this boxing event is low brow entertainment and beneath an intellectual's interest and would not reflect any cerebral qualities.

My choice of the bodhisattva monicker is due to the perception of myself as one deserving of some attention. Preferably positive.

Do you know what bodhisattva means?

Do you know what bodhisattva means?

Yes.

I am using my first post as a way to give you an idea of my style and quality as an analyst. In this case it's about boxing. My first post:

Mayweather/Ortiz Championship

Mayweather won the fight. But, not as a champion.

Ortiz lost the fight because he did not abide by the first rule of boxing: Protect yourself at all times.

The Referee Cortez failed to perform one of his major duties: to protect his fighters as much as possible within the rules of boxing.

Overall assessment: Mayweather used two cheapshots prior to the fight: the use of hands during the pre-fight face off. And, have his rep come in deliberately late during the fists wrap-up to psych out Ortiz. During the fight, the legal, but unchampionlike sucker punch. This qualifies Mayweather as 1000 carat arsehole.

Ortiz deliberately head-butted Mayweather. This illegal action resulted in Ortiz losing the fight because subsequently he did not protect himself at all times.

The referee Cortez failed in his duties as a referee, as stated above. Cortez turned out to be a dud.

Do you agree with my assessment ?

I had a Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robot as a kid. Does that count?

Dankly Pungent

And this definition is from having been there in the moist recesses of its darker under belly.

Last edited:
bodhisattva: Enjoys long walks on short piers and tooting own horn.

<yawn>

Try not to bore me.

Forum List

Back